GenericUser7028

Faction Balance Inquiry

Hello forum,

Old player looking to dive back into Aion, however, it seems the servers were consolidated yet again. I recall Asmos being completely out-gunned in the previous servers I have played on. Is that still the case on this server?

Thank you in advance! 

Aly-DN   

I think the Asmodians are still outnumbered on both servers, but not nearly as badly. Comparing siege numbers only, the Elyos Coalition usually averages 20 to 40 more bodies than the Asmodian Coalition. That doesn't give you a raw number imbalance but is pretty much representative of the server as a whole, I would think.

On 11/5/2017 at 2:42 PM, Aly-DN said:

I think the Asmodians are still outnumbered on both servers, but not nearly as badly. Comparing siege numbers only, the Elyos Coalition usually averages 20 to 40 more bodies than the Asmodian Coalition. That doesn't give you a raw number imbalance but is pretty much representative of the server as a whole, I would think.

And if you siege, Elyos side has fewer "active" bodies than Asmo too.

Aly-DN   

And that is not true. Asmodians have just as many carries/afkers as Elyos do.

I know that it is really easy to look at what is going on with your faction and think that you are the only one in the world that has to deal with these things. But what you need to remember is that essentially, Elyos and Asmodian players are just people at their core. The same percentage of Elyos who want to dual-box and bring an afk an alt (or 3!) or who figure they can set afk on their main and get the same reward as if they played are the same percentage of Asmodians who will do the same. Because people are fundamentally greedy and lazy.. not just Elyos and not just Asmodians.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:19 PM, Aly-DN said:

And that is not true. Asmodians have just as many carries/afkers as Elyos do.

I know that it is really easy to look at what is going on with your faction and think that you are the only one in the world that has to deal with these things. But what you need to remember is that essentially, Elyos and Asmodian players are just people at their core. The same percentage of Elyos who want to dual-box and bring an afk an alt (or 3!) or who figure they can set afk on their main and get the same reward as if they played are the same percentage of Asmodians who will do the same. Because people are fundamentally greedy and lazy.. not just Elyos and not just Asmodians.

Hello, I'm a returning player too. So u said that the percentage of afkers are around the same in Ely & asmo, but in general, Elyos (as usual) has more active players, on both server, got it..
But maybe a simple question: which server has more active players, Danaria or Katalam?
Cos I'm thinking of making a new character, and I want to play in the more "active" server.

(this question is also for everyone who knows, not just for Aly-DN)

Thanks.

Aly-DN   

I honestly don't know, @Emille-DN. Both of the newly merged servers are super active compared to the 5 un-merged servers. I don't think you can go wrong rolling on either one.