Regarding AP-Trading

Arctic

5 hours ago, Illllliliilliill said:

This is the real problem. This was posted earlier in this thread too and no one responded to it.

I think AP traders will now be less blatant about it, and will try to make their trading just look like real 1v1s - that way, even if you record it, it's not solid proof. You'll now also see actual legitimate 1v1s get mistaken as AP trading.

The only way to fix this is by NC going through the logs. Oh, you killed the same person 100 times within the past month? And they killed you 100 times? Ban.

But unfortunately I agree, NC might not go through the effort required to do this correctly, or have sufficient logs/systems to make it happen

i agree besides the killing the same person x number of times within the past month, because i am constantly seeing the same small handful of people in the abyss (actually pvping) and rifting (actually pvping).  hopefully there's a better way for ncsoft to investigate the trading. sometimes i see random rank 1s or star officers pop up on the list that i've never seen grinding/pvping lmao

i really feel like it shouldn't be that hard but yanno... ncsoft gonna be ncsoft 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The thing is some AP traders are going to get away with their AP trading because they have been the ones sending in video's going look at me i have caught the AP traders so i figured i would just kill them while i was there.

How do you think these players knew the locations of the AP trading? You do not just stumble to the edge of the map on accident and find people AP trading. You do not just fly to the very bottom of the abyss on a ledge by accident. 

Beyond this you have those who AP traded "smart". They killed each other not 5x instantly but spread kills over the day making it look like they ran in to each other frequently for PvP. I got a list of 60 people who were doing the long con. As you notice from the list that came out my name is not on it because i did not AP trade but i do know people who did it this way and people who got FOMO. 

Those who got caught killing people 5x with-in 5 mins were the FOMO players. They were like welp i am already behind i do not want to fall further behind i have to AP trade right and do it ASAP.

I highly doubt NCsoft are going to ban people who did it the way i just explained because it looks just like actual PvP. If you kill someone 2-3 hours apart but kill them 5 times a day it will not look like AP trading despite them AP trading. You need actual knowledge of the game to be able to ban people for this problem but the issue is they simply do not have that knowledge.

Honestly I have no idea how your message relates to mine even, or why you quoted me, but finding the locations of AP traders isn't hard if you aren't a trader yourself. Just look at it logically; has to be somewhere removed, hidden from view, with an easy spot to suicide in. That means remote places in abyss, or edges of Heiron map. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Especially sins who can use shadow walk could just run around the edge of the Heiron map until they saw activity in their combat logs, and then record them.

7 hours ago, Seiashun said:

Honestly I have no idea how your message relates to mine even, or why you quoted me, but finding the locations of AP traders isn't hard if you aren't a trader yourself. Just look at it logically; has to be somewhere removed, hidden from view, with an easy spot to suicide in. That means remote places in abyss, or edges of Heiron map. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Especially sins who can use shadow walk could just run around the edge of the Heiron map until they saw activity in their combat logs, and then record them.

Why do you need to suicide?

i really hope that there will be some form of penalty given out for the rampant ap trading. people havent even been hiding it anymore, there are ap trader legions etc. it defeats the purpose of the gearing process and is demoralizing. it would be a huge step in the right direction. not even adressing the widely used hacks at the moment lol

1 hour ago, Wsnow said:

i was thinking same thing why would you need suicide?

The suicide thing is for builds like L40 twinks who want to appear pink to L50s opponents. They can't allow their kill trading to make them go to L41 so they need to suicide.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:32 PM, Avator-KT said:

Just strip their AP and anything they bought with it.

Honestly I dont see the point to  banning them a few days if they come back to having the same AP /gear they chated to get

we both think alike. no point in banning them. just strip them of the their AP gear and AP. make them earn it like the rest of the legit players. Doing that will spread word to not AP trade or face the exact same fate. 

On 8/21/2021 at 1:19 AM, Zzzzzz said:

You are still unable to get 50e in a week with AP trading 24/7 and there must be a reason that you are not going to play on a private server

i may be wrong, but i believe its been done already

17 hours ago, Wex said:

Theres ingame GM tools to do just that. Banning a few would set a precedent and make the risk for APtrading too high.

The biggest issue is that NC would actually have to care enough to bother doing something like this. Considering they don't even ban the most obvious hackers and bots, my confidence is low.

Kibbelz even went around the forums a few days ago saying how 'theres no bot reports pending anymore', 'no bots to investigate' and GMs are going into to the game themselves to find bots since 'nobody is reporting them anymore'.

Meanwhile the bots I reported 7 weeks ago are still out and about botting 24/7. Really makes you think if kibbelz is just trolling the community at this point.

Wex isnt wrong. I gave up reporting bots. Especially at lower lvl when they were farming quest area's. Reporting players at this point i really dont know what to say on that aspect. To me naming and shaming them seems to do 100000x more damage. Just look at the AP Trading / Known Hacking google docs sheet. That is enough proof with videos, but who am i to judge. I guess vs 10 yrs ago vs now, im just here to have fun and go against rivals. if they wanna get an upper hand by AP trading/hacks by all means go for it. just shows your ego is small and that you cant pvp / earn your way to rank!

as for kibblez.  ill believe his/her word when things get fixed. until then, its open season.

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

The suicide thing is for builds like L40 twinks who want to appear pink to L50s opponents. They can't allow their kill trading to make them go to L41 so they need to suicide.

You mean you get THAT much Xp by pvping that you could level up so fat and you need XP loss on the spot?

8 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Why do you need to suicide?

They don't have to I guess, I just assumed it would probably be faster than killing people? Like they would hit a person, then the person jumps off a cliff. At least that's what I've been assuming since a lot of the video's I've seen of AP trading have been on cliff sides.

4 hours ago, Seiashun said:

They don't have to I guess, I just assumed it would probably be faster than killing people? Like they would hit a person, then the person jumps off a cliff. At least that's what I've been assuming since a lot of the video's I've seen of AP trading have been on cliff sides.

Hm, I think this makes you get less AP in general but probably you might not get a message on who killed that person or whatever. Maybe when you die yourself you do not get "awarded" a pvp on that char so they can't track it via kills.

Because when the char spawns, his whole HP including heals etc matter to the amount of AP you get.

Unless it is another thing. I do not even log into classic every day anymore so I am lost in what goes there.

@Kibbelz do you know if there is any update on this issue as well as many others, but right now the AP trading has gone beyond a joke and for NCsoft to let it get this far with nothing being done is very upsetting for most of the player base.

NCsoft has got to start addressing issues or Aion Classic is going to die very fast, and the player base don't want this but NCsoft cant hide away and think issues are going to go away. 

An update would be great. 

2 hours ago, Wsnow said:

@Kibbelz do you know if there is any update on this issue as well as many others, but right now the AP trading has gone beyond a joke and for NCsoft to let it get this far with nothing being done is very upsetting for most of the player base.

It is most definitely not upsetting most of the player base. They are concerned with running instances and doing other stuff  in non-AP generating activities. Just look at where the players are, it's not hard  just use the search. Most are working on non-AP gear.

A large chunk of the players can't even understand English, AP trading chat means little to them.

9 minutes ago, Retta-DN said:

I care more about the hackers..........

What do you expect from them? They simply cannot ban bots, you don't need to look for them, you don't need to invent anything. Spend two hours a week and get ban them . But I see bots 43! lvl ++. So what do you expect from them? All they can do is trade candy. Candyshop  traders . Ban hackers  ? xD 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About AP trading , its realy hard find solution , coz its part of the game . If "A" player whant kill "B" player , you cant ban them for that . 

@KibbelzI remember only one good solution . For exemple  If player A kill player B in Heiron , all players in Heiron see in chat "player  B have been defeated by player A "  .Ofc you can off/on that option its chat settings . 

It will not clear problem , but its realy hard AP-trade , when all players in location see that  in chat  . If you do it 3-4 days in a row be sure some one report you . 

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

It is most definitely not upsetting most of the player base. They are concerned with running instances and doing other stuff  in non-AP generating activities. Just look at where the players are, it's not hard  just use the search. Most are working on non-AP gear.

A large chunk of the players can't even understand English, AP trading chat means little to them.

I would love to know where you get your info from maybe its because you do only PVE. it is upsetting more players then what you think, maybe a great deal of them put support tickets in and that why Kibbelz had to do this topic. its not only about the forum where info is you have support tickets, discord and social media. 

It seems from many of your posts you just stand in game seeing where everyone is. 

11 minutes ago, 5s124D6A-DN said:

My 72 player legion doesn't login anymore because of these issues.

An alarming number of members we have in my legion and friends list also said they stopped because of all the AP trading along with unchecked hackers left in the game....  They remember how this effects the game community and without immediate action from NCwest they just gave up all hope. I know a lot more players that are logging in less and less every day saying they just have 0 ambition to try to compete against these AP traders that basically can one shot them, despite the fact that they have spent weeks legitly trying to grind AP to get gear. 

2 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

An alarming number of members we have in my legion and friends list also said they stopped because of all the AP trading along with unchecked hackers left in the game.... 

Common theme with all the legit legions.

4 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

An alarming number of members we have in my legion and friends list also said they stopped because of all the AP trading along with unchecked hackers left in the game....  They remember how this effects the game community and without immediate action from NCwest they just gave up all hope. I know a lot more players that are logging in less and less every day saying they just have 0 ambition to try to compete against these AP traders that basically can one shot them, despite the fact that they have spent weeks legitly trying to grind AP to get gear. 

Apart from the Rampant AP trading hacking ,cheating and botting other issues will cause people to quit .Especially now lower levels on Elyos who are unable to even farm AP via lower fort guards because the Faction refuses to leave Sulfur as Balaur or asmo.

This stops people doing their campaign quest and also farming a ton of AP,all for a few silver medals farming guards is steady easy AP. The Elyos faction as a whole cant leave 1 fort for players 35-45 to do quests on speaks volumes.Selfish people that cant be happy owning 2 forts.

I hope the game crashes and burns both retail and classic people dont see the greater good of allowing lower levels to get their AP sets so they have something by 50 instead its sheer greed that they cant forgo a couple of medals.

55 minutes ago, crithards said:

Apart from the Rampant AP trading hacking ,cheating and botting other issues will cause people to quit .Especially now lower levels on Elyos who are unable to even farm AP via lower fort guards because the Faction refuses to leave Sulfur as Balaur or asmo.

This stops people doing their campaign quest and also farming a ton of AP,all for a few silver medals farming guards is steady easy AP. The Elyos faction as a whole cant leave 1 fort for players 35-45 to do quests on speaks volumes.Selfish people that cant be happy owning 2 forts.

I hope the game crashes and burns both retail and classic people dont see the greater good of allowing lower levels to get their AP sets so they have something by 50 instead its sheer greed that they cant forgo a couple of medals.

This is what happens when your faction does not want to work together. No matter what happens all lowers will be taken.

Talk to the selfish guilds that did not want to be apart of the community goal of working together to beat the asmo faction.

Archived