Regarding AP-Trading

Arctic

Its sad but I also hardly login now also I cant stand the bots hackers AP traders.

this bot has been around weeks nothing done at all they forgot to close there gear, yet the damage they are doing to mobs you know they are botting and using a hack for the area they are botting in. I reported many times but nothing is done,  bots are all over the maps. 

https://myaion.eu/Player/642946

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2021 at 2:49 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone,

We have recently seen many inquiries and reports regarding the observed "AP-Trading" which we would like to address:

First, we would like to make it clear that intentionally trading kills with other players with the intent to obtain Abyss Points is considered an abuse of the in-game mechanics, and this behaviour is at-risk for penalization.

Second, we would like to share with all our community that we are currently investigating the impact this abuse has had on the player base, and we are determining the actions to take against the individuals found to be involved in AP-Trading.

Thank you to those who helped report this abusive behaviour via our official support channels.

You should look into Tildayr on IS-A on aion classic when you get a chance. I've already ran into him ap trading with a lvl 50 elyos SM id is Zolotyshyka multiple times. 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:49 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone,

We have recently seen many inquiries and reports regarding the observed "AP-Trading" which we would like to address:

First, we would like to make it clear that intentionally trading kills with other players with the intent to obtain Abyss Points is considered an abuse of the in-game mechanics, and this behaviour is at-risk for penalization.

Second, we would like to share with all our community that we are currently investigating the impact this abuse has had on the player base, and we are determining the actions to take against the individuals found to be involved in AP-Trading.

Thank you to those who helped report this abusive behaviour via our official support channels.

8 days later still no bans, nice!!

9 hours ago, Summon said:

You should look into Tildayr on IS-A on aion classic when you get a chance. I've already ran into him ap trading with a lvl 50 elyos SM id is Zolotyshyka multiple times. 

You have to submit a support ticket, Kibbelz has said repeatedly he has no control over it.

2 hours ago, Seppura said:

8 days later still no bans, nice!!

Actually,  I would like to thank them for not just jumping to a fast solution and hope they are looking for the RIGHT solution.   Im still bitter over the steel rake bans and appreciate they will be able to tell the difference between the abusers and people who actually pvp.  Im hoping the team is also getting a chance to learn from the community and see that we really do mean well but get frustrated over being neglected.  Just a couple of thoughts.

If someone is just killing lowbies/alts there has to be a log somewhere of how many times in how many minutes over how long the one character is farming the other.  You also need to factor in how long it takes for the kisk CD or a rez to go off.  Its pretty telling.

Change AP acquired after a certain number of kills.   If player X has died 10 times in the last 60 mins then it will no longer give/lose any exp.  Or possibly give them the curse if they kill the same player 20 times in an hour.  You know, the one for griefing pinkies.  I could see this benefitting at sieges as well as in open world.  For those trying to level up they just have to be persistent through it and hopefully get a chance to learn the pvp a bit.  In sieges it would give higher ranks an idea of how much AP they stand to lose if they participate.

Also I like that you provided a place for a real conversation about a topic that impacts the community @Kibbelz.  Moments like these give me hope, so thank you for that.

20 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

If player X has died 10 times in the last 60 mins then it will no longer give/lose any exp.

The Game already has this mechanics.

21 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

If someone is just killing lowbies/alts there has to be a log somewhere of how many times in how many minutes over how long the one character is farming the other.

AP Traders do not kill lowbies or alts, they often kill rank 1 and up. Look at the videos and see.

Imagine you are killing 10 - rank 1, Lv50 players 6 times.

If no action, this game will decay and rot, only those doing AP Trade will be left playing in the barren server.

Just now, Saitamasensei said:

AP Traders do not kill lowbies or alts, they often kill rank 1 and up. Look at the videos and see.

Imagine you are killing 10 - rank 1, Lv50 players 6 times.

I used the words lowbies/alts as an example.  I should have just said character.  But you could have figured that out.  Dont potato/patato me please.  The basic idea still stands.

this is beyond a joke and very sad nothing has been done yet everyone can see whats going on in game, what sort of GMs are running this game that they cant see for themselves via logging in, oh that's just to much damm work for them.  

On 8/28/2021 at 7:03 AM, crithards said:

Apart from the Rampant AP trading hacking ,cheating and botting other issues will cause people to quit .Especially now lower levels on Elyos who are unable to even farm AP via lower fort guards because the Faction refuses to leave Sulfur as Balaur or asmo.

This stops people doing their campaign quest and also farming a ton of AP,all for a few silver medals farming guards is steady easy AP. The Elyos faction as a whole cant leave 1 fort for players 35-45 to do quests on speaks volumes.Selfish people that cant be happy owning 2 forts.

I hope the game crashes and burns both retail and classic people dont see the greater good of allowing lower levels to get their AP sets so they have something by 50 instead its sheer greed that they cant forgo a couple of medals.

Nice you managed to mention your bs about lower even in a post about AP trading. People like you are the ones who cant work together with the faction. Maybe take a look in the mirror.

47 minutes ago, Zanathar said:

Nice you managed to mention your bs about lower even in a post about AP trading. People like you are the ones who cant work together with the faction. Maybe take a look in the mirror.

I think even going back to the old days there was wars over Sulfur sometimes months on end it was owned by ely or asmos and the Balaur never seemed to take that fort back, which in turn made it impossible to do camp, if I am right in the end NCsoft had to do something to address it.

So this is not a new thing its always been this way why do you think asmos would not take it from ely and they sure as hell could. 

why has asmos not taken the fort since Balaur took it back thank god, the reason it would seem is asmos think of lower lvls. Just my point of view.

AP Trading and hacking make me lol ...

I mean, seriously, how sad is your life if cheating at a video game is your absolution?  I feel sorry for them, I hope their life turns around for the better.

I play Aion for fun ... what people do with their own recreational time is of no consequence to me.  Your avatar kills my avatar?  Okay, respawn.  When you 'P2W' as they say in every MMO ever made, what exactly do you 'win'?

The whole argument is pure entertainment.  Enjoy your $800 Air Jordans ... but this just in - they don't make you a better basketball player lolz

1 hour ago, Yoloranger said:

AP Trading and hacking make me lol ...

I mean, seriously, how sad is your life if cheating at a video game is your absolution?  I feel sorry for them, I hope their life turns around for the better.

I play Aion for fun ... what people do with their own recreational time is of no consequence to me.  Your avatar kills my avatar?  Okay, respawn.  When you 'P2W' as they say in every MMO ever made, what exactly do you 'win'?

The whole argument is pure entertainment.  Enjoy your $800 Air Jordans ... but this just in - they don't make you a better basketball player lolz

if you don't player a game for fun what is the point of playing? 

On 8/28/2021 at 12:03 AM, crithards said:

Apart from the Rampant AP trading hacking ,cheating and botting other issues will cause people to quit .Especially now lower levels on Elyos who are unable to even farm AP via lower fort guards because the Faction refuses to leave Sulfur as Balaur or asmo.

This stops people doing their campaign quest and also farming a ton of AP,all for a few silver medals farming guards is steady easy AP. The Elyos faction as a whole cant leave 1 fort for players 35-45 to do quests on speaks volumes.Selfish people that cant be happy owning 2 forts.

I hope the game crashes and burns both retail and classic people dont see the greater good of allowing lower levels to get their AP sets so they have something by 50 instead its sheer greed that they cant forgo a couple of medals.

its not just ely faction. asmos are doing the exact same thing. lot of drama at sunday's siege. it was pathetic! so i feel the pain as the questing part and so forth. as for the drama and getting the factions to come together, well thats been happening since 2009. nothing new on that subject. to much epeen imo. 

All these AP traders know that the game will never last the distance so they don't give a damn anymore. Given the majority of the playerbase are veterans  and historically AP trading has gone unpunished, on the balance of probabilities, they're likely to get away with this once again. Even if they miraculously get banned, the game is already on a downhill trajectory, so there's no real loss. This is all due to the mismanagement of NCwest, the classic patch itself is fine.

1 hour ago, Tron said:

Man some of you are really gonna be angry when you find out  <AP trading> AND < Structed PVP> are two different things in NC's eyes.   

Is that when you lose the first 5 rounds because you're "understanding your opponent" and the next 5 you win to force a tie breaker?

On 8/20/2021 at 6:14 PM, Swiftlock said:

Lets also say this, there is no REAL way to get AP fast. All forts are camped by elyos or asmos. Only running around in zergs.... such as Apex Legion, Clarity, AF. Not sure on the asmos side but it happens. If dredge was out by now. The game would be having WAY less AP traders than there are now. So put some blame onto the company for it.

umm no people would still ap trade theyre getting 60-90k a day where dredge only gives about 15kish a day lol theyre gonna hurry up get there 50e play for a good month and quit thats what alot of players did in retail cheated to get there gear ruin there server and quit the game.

Day 1: NCsoft had a cash shop that enabled people to buy kinah directly from the company and get large quantities of coins, Enchantment Stones, and Manastones for faster gear progression. This made them stronger and level faster than those who did not buy the Daeva Pass/Candies. (Cheating) -> Result: People quit the game in mass.

Steel Rake Exploit: People got banned for 7 days and kept the kinah they made. Some brag about keeping the 700m and upward to 2b kinah. 

Hackers using radar to find players in the abyss for easy AP gains. Hackers using animation hacks to kill people easier. Hackers seeing through hide 2.

AP Traders roaming the abyss juiced up on ill-gotten gains and candy profits destroying people. Funniest part is the AP traders turning on each other/exposing each other/recording videos of each other. 

57 minutes ago, 5s17B0E7 said:

Day 1: NCsoft had a cash shop that enabled people to buy kinah directly from the company and get large quantities of coins, Enchantment Stones, and Manastones for faster gear progression. This made them stronger and level faster than those who did not buy the Daeva Pass/Candies. (Cheating) -> Result: People quit the game in mass.

Steel Rake Exploit: People got banned for 7 days and kept the kinah they made. Some brag about keeping the 700m and upward to 2b kinah. 

Hackers using radar to find players in the abyss for easy AP gains. Hackers using animation hacks to kill people easier. Hackers seeing through hide 2.

AP Traders roaming the abyss juiced up on ill-gotten gains and candy profits destroying people. Funniest part is the AP traders turning on each other/exposing each other/recording videos of each other. 

These are good points, certain people will always try to gain in ways that are not what the devs intended. Some of the exploits are fixable, the others like abuse of radar, which requires code, is not so easy to fix. The thing to remember is that at this stage of the game there are limited ways to gain AP. Soon we will have Dredge and hopefully fort instances which I will use as my preferred method of getting AP. Grinding the Abyss is not fund, and I don't do rifts anymore for ethical reasons.

Archived