close the rifts to level 50's

heydarling

It sucks but these are the mechanics we are stuck with for better or worse.  They only addressed the issues caused by rifting in much later patch. Things will get a bit better before then once 50s have something to do at endgame.

I like PvP'ing the 50's in my land. It is a rare instance of fighting someone who is actually looking to fight and usually results in some of the most fun PvP. It is a shame that they will grief lower level players though. Maybe they could have done better if they made the max level rifts to Heiron and Beluslan 49 and had another map that was level 50's only. 

If you close the rifts to L50s it will breed more L40 twinks.

Greatly reduce the frequency of rifts, so people can get on with their quests etc.

Also, make it so you get zero AP from killing a rank 9, even better, make it so you loose AP if you kill a rank 9.

I'm on the fence with my sub and my friend is as well currently. I know some are mixed in legion. Right now you can't really go anywhere without getting gank every 15 minutes or so. Going to do sulf repeats and siels is ganked in 5 minutes or less or even elite grinding in beluslan. I can go to instances to level which is my only resort but mmos are suppose to have options. Just because 50's don't have content right now doesn't mean that l should have to pay for it. At this point im just going to let my sub lapse and go to better games due to seeing zero progression.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:22 PM, Alvie said:

If you close the rifts to L50s it will breed more L40 twinks.

Greatly reduce the frequency of rifts, so people can get on with their quests etc.

Also, make it so you get zero AP from killing a rank 9, even better, make it so you loose AP if you kill a rank 9.

Wut? How does your brain function?

If someone spends 10 hours staying level 40, you have a better chance of losing to them than a level 50.

I think you're not getting the real problem, which is lack of PvP for level 50. Gated out from a whole map, level differences reflecting reduction in AP gain, and most L50's just doing Adma/Tlabs + DC and afk farming in Theo/Brust. 

I'm not one to attack pinks, but I can't lie the thirst for PvP is real. Once you hit level 50, your PvP experience ability is reduced to about roughly 10% of that of a level 35 player. It's sickening, and it's also why you see so many people AP trading, because AP gain at L50, is less than half of that of a L35. It's why you see so many people twinking, because once you hit level 41, you shot yourself in the foot and your AP gain capability is trashed. 

My l35 is almost as AP geared as my 50, and I've spent a little over ~2 hours on PvP content where as I'm constantly doing what I can on my L50. L50 is just super gated and ruined for the scene that everyone want's to do. Look at the bigger picture, a lot of the problems are stemming from that. 

Tell your L50's to go rift, tell people to be actively engaging in PvP.  People thirsty for the one game that has the most fluid combat mechanics in all of MMOs in history. 

to quote what I spam in chat on both characters to everyone, and what I flame people with:

/shout WHERE PVP

Are you new to aion? Because ll I'm reading is you guys are bad at the game.  I get it...you don't like getting smack on. Here's how you fix that...either get better or stop playing. This is a pvp game...has been since release in 2012, nothing has changed. If you don't like pvp...go play a different game.

4 hours ago, Ufo said:

Are you new to aion? Because ll I'm reading is you guys are bad at the game.  I get it...you don't like getting smack on. Here's how you fix that...either get better or stop playing. This is a pvp game...has been since release in 2012, nothing has changed. If you don't like pvp...go play a different game.

7 hours ago, JabbaTheCuck-DN said:

No one respects a smooth brain who doesn't research into said game before getting involved with it.  Go play Final Fantasy if you want pve.

9 hours ago, Supvolcom-DN said:

This thread lmfao. The worst part is OP is serious

4 hours ago, Ufo said:

found the low life level 50's who havent grown at all since og launch.    thanks for outing yourselves LOL

4 hours ago, Ufo said:

this one is especially troubling.  imagine being this arrogant that you think an entire game revolves around beating on lower players.   what kind of life would someone have to live to then want to come into a video game, which is supposed to bring people joy,   and blatantly break rules, ruin it for others, simply because you believe you deserve more than everyone else who is playing.   i swear some of ya'll need to put aion down and look up therapists.  this is not a healthy or sane mentality.  

people are bad at a game you paid to win at...

people are bad at a game they have less time to play than you

people are bad at a game because they prefer the other half of the content.

pro tip, this game isnt just for pvp and not everyone has nolifesyndrome nor cares that much to be better than everyone at a video game thats pay to win. 

you are not good just because you have no life outside of this.  please get that through your sad little heads.   you are not good because you have nothing in your life other than aion. 

1 hour ago, heydarling said:

you are not good just because you have no life outside of this.  please get that through your sad little heads.   you are not good because you have nothing in your life other than aion. 

Theres a certain type of person in every MMO. This person generally doesn't search for pvp, they don't take any time to learn the in's and out's of their class, they certainly never min-max any worthwhile gear. Does this seem familiar yet?

If not, lets try to connect the dots a bit more. Because you invest zero effort into improving, you assume the average player is just like yourself. Any player who kills you in pvp couldn't possibly just be better at the game, the only explanation is they have no life. They must dedicate their entire existence to Aion because they have more gear than you, have practiced more than you, understand the game more than you.

"NO LIFE" he screeches at the top of his lungs, as he runs around in blue gear, socketed with random manastones, barely scraping level cap after 2+ months of playing. He sits at his desk wondering why someone would kill the opposing faction in a pvp game like aion. The thinking hurts his head, so he stops.

You've had 12 years to understand the core gameplay of Aion.

This is why Blizzard runs their games better, they make their games as good as possible, they support them, have comicon conventions, have competitions with great prizes, they have a whole universe and when they made an mmorpg they have tenths of servers full of people, and many of the servers were pve only.

Now take this to Aion's 1 server in Retail and 1,5 servers in Classic. Inject candies from day 1, make it sub for actual players and free-to-bot for botters and free-to-AP-trade for AP-traders and totally forget about actual players.

The funny thing is that there are people who enjoy this situation and I get it, but be sure if NCWest pre-advertised all the fecal matter they were about to implement in Classic, even those that enjoy it now wouldn't even try it to begin with.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

This is why Blizzard runs their games better, they make their games as good as possible, they support them, have comicon conventions, have competitions with great prizes, they have a whole universe and when they made an mmorpg they have tenths of servers full of people, and many of the servers were pve only.

Now take this to Aion's 1 server in Retail and 1,5 servers in Classic. Inject candies from day 1, make it sub for actual players and free-to-bot for botters and free-to-AP-trade for AP-traders and totally forget about actual players.

The funny thing is that there are people who enjoy this situation and I get it, but be sure if NCWest pre-advertised all the fecal matter they were about to implement in Classic, even those that enjoy it now wouldn't even try it to begin with.

It's interesting you mention Blizzard.  WoW has this thing where you can opt out of PVP, and they did this *WITHOUT* fracturing the Servers like Retail did with the Fast Track Server.  It's a simple button with a lengthy cool down, so no entering PVP, getting beat, and opting out to escape defeat.  Maybe the Binding Obelisks could be used for this too...

Like I said, there's already a cooldown in place for using Return.  Maybe an even longer cooldown for Opting In or Out?

This would allow for Questers/Farmers/Gatherers to do their stuff, and it would also allow space, and time for players who might be hesitant about PVP to dip their toes into the water.  And, above all, it would insure that only people who want to PVP, and are *prepared* to PVP, get ganked...

2 hours ago, Matthieu-KT said:

It's interesting you mention Blizzard.  WoW has this thing where you can opt out of PVP, and they did this *WITHOUT* fracturing the Servers like Retail did with the Fast Track Server.  It's a simple button with a lengthy cool down, so no entering PVP, getting beat, and opting out to escape defeat.  Maybe the Binding Obelisks could be used for this too...

Like I said, there's already a cooldown in place for using Return.  Maybe an even longer cooldown for Opting In or Out?

This would allow for Questers/Farmers/Gatherers to do their stuff, and it would also allow space, and time for players who might be hesitant about PVP to dip their toes into the water.  And, above all, it would insure that only people who want to PVP, and are *prepared* to PVP, get ganked...

That is interesting, I never knew about it, it must be a later addition. WoW though has a different approach to Aion and all NCSoft games. NCSoft games are mostly pvp oriented, WoW is not, when I was playing I remembered there were a ton of people I knew from university and they had huge legions, running to kill the hardest bosses and dungeons and they were happy they were gearing and getting the loot etc. WoW is far more pve oriented than Aion. I was playing Lineage II back then and I asked them "when do you guys have a siege" and they were like "what is a siege?"

Archived