Which ultimate transform is best?

Lad-DN

My main #1 toon is Cleric and when the promotion is over I've been wondering if I should pick Tiamat or Marchutan and would love to hear opinions from anyone that has one/both of them!   The toon I use most after cleric is Songweaver, but I don't care too much because either one is a massive upgrade from Frigida. 😄

I don't really pvp much so Erreshkigal is out, and my pvp armor is so bad she couldn't help anyway. 😔

Does the extra PvE attack boost from Tiamat make much of a difference compared to Marchutan for dps? And does Marchutan's 55% cast speed make casting any faster than Tiamat's 50%? Like would it be noticeable while healing? Or are the stats close enough that there's not any difference at all?

(And I don't think I'll ever get prime runestones, so we're just comparing base stats here lol)

Thanks! ❤️

I’m not a cleric but from what I see, they are mainly going for Marchutan because of casting speed. Let’s calculate. Mace casting speed is 12% + 55% from Marchutan + 3-4% title makes 70-71% cast speed, which is already way below the 75% cap, however you can get additional 3% with candy to get close to the cap. With Tiamat 50% that would be 65-66% or 68-69% with candy. So you can see that a cleric cannot reach casting speed cap and there is a big difference between Marchutan and Tiamat and ofc this will influence your healing. So imo, for a healer Marchu should be better.

Now as for the pve dps, we really need a cleric’s word here because not having played one, I cannot tell you what is best, additional 5% cast or +236 attack, personally I would still prefer cast speed but maybe I am wrong. However, Tiamat has a solo +20 critical damage while Marchtan comes with a complicated collection with Kaisinel and apostles for 80 crit dmg, so basically when you get Tia it already comes with +20 crit damage and this may overcome Marchutan alone in pve dps, again.

Also don’t forget that Marchtan comes with additional pve defense which Tiamat has not and it can come out handy especially for a healer.

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I already have Kaisinel and I'm SM.

IDK if I choose Tiamat or Marchutan. I'd need Kaisinel Apostle to get the collection effect if I choose Marchutan, and we all know how rare/next to 0 are the chances to get it either from combination or events. *Adds to the list of the things this game makes me feel depressed about.*

Sadly, I didn't  abused participated in last Stormwing event, so I don't have much apostles.

In the other hand, Tiamat gives the 20 crit dmg and extra PvE atk.

(

1 hour ago, Unbuff-DN said:

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I already have Kaisinel and I'm SM.

IDK if I choose Tiamat or Marchutan. I'd need Kaisinel Apostle to get the collection effect if I choose Marchutan, and we all know how rare/next to 0 are the chances to get it either from combination or events. *Adds to the list of the things this game makes me feel depressed about.*

Sadly, I didn't  abused participated in last Stormwing event, so I don't have much apostles.

In the other hand, Tiamat gives the 20 crit dmg and extra PvE atk.

(

I hadn't even really considered the crit damage collections, but honestly I don't really understand the crit damage/defense stats. 😶

How much difference does +20 crit damage make?

50 minutes ago, Lad-DN said:

Each 10 crit dmg is 1% more damage upon landing a critical hit, I think. Not much in small scale, but if accumulated like some ppl that have over 160~200+ is like 16%~20% more critical dmg. It sounds small, but it increases dps by a lot.

4 hours ago, Lad-DN said:

I hadn't even really considered the crit damage collections, but honestly I don't really understand the crit damage/defense stats. 😶

Crit damage/defense are simply the most important offensive/defensive stats in end-game Aion. Everyone profits from crit defense, however as for crit damage, for some classes (like ranger) even 20 crit damage changes everything, for some other classes who have less crit chance the effect is a bit less pronounced but it still matters a lot. That’s why when ncsoft decided to scam us with stormwing event so many people were mad when they couldn’t get crit dmg/defense apostle collections.

Archived