this is why it's a bad idea for the aion mega discord run by someone not from NC

Luda

KYxPnw5.png

this person grabbed the chance to create a cross-faction discord for the game before anyone from NC made an official one. and now he has the ability to choose how to run a semi-official discord server for the game, who he allows or disallows to speak in the discord, promotes his personal content (remember RL pics channel), decide who to put or to NOT PUT in the AP trade wall of shame (imagine if there is evidence of him, or someone he knows, partake in any shady business, while he has the ability to just make it disappear), or hide it altogether.

now there's a freaking patreon page, who's stopping people from sending him some donations to secretly take their names off the list, or to unban them from the discord, or to promote other contents. this is disgusting.

"the aion mega discord"... well people chose to go there, just leave it. I never heard of it myself.

Make another discord for Aion, invite people, be fair and let it grow. These things usually sort themselves out. If he is abusive then people will simply leave his channel. Don't expect others to do the same, if anyone continues to enter there it means they enjoy it and we won't dictate what others do. If anyone gives this guy money, then it was never mandatory. people get donations for all kinds of weird stuff.

A few days after launch I joined this discord...  I noticed that ObaniethACN admin making a homophobic remark in the chat. 

So, I decided to check some of his post history and it was filled with profanity.  Not a huge deal for a regular poster, but that is a big red flag coming from any sort of admin position.  It is one thing to use the occasional swear word for effect, and another to have it in 30% of your posts.

I messaged another one of the admins and pointed out this lack of professionalism and was asked why I cared and then told that they had no intention on policing their admins. 

OK!  Loud and clear, gotcha.  So I left the server.

And now this man-child wants people to donate money to him?   

7 hours ago, Luda said:

KYxPnw5.png

this person grabbed the chance to create a cross-faction discord for the game before anyone from NC made an official one. and now he has the ability to choose how to run a semi-official discord server for the game, who he allows or disallows to speak in the discord, promotes his personal content (remember RL pics channel), decide who to put or to NOT PUT in the AP trade wall of shame (imagine if there is evidence of him, or someone he knows, partake in any shady business, while he has the ability to just make it disappear), or hide it altogether.

now there's a freaking patreon page, who's stopping people from sending him some donations to secretly take their names off the list, or to unban them from the discord, or to promote other contents. this is disgusting.

I feel for him, I also live in the Midwest where the job market basically is just now feeling the crash that the rest of the country felt last year. Jobs are insanely scarce atm in the area so I've tried to focus on my youtube and webpage hoping get create some funding where I can to help pay the bills while doing something that I love. I really can't judge them for doing this.

2 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

I feel for him, I also live in the Midwest where the job market basically is just now feeling the crash that the rest of the country felt last year. Jobs are insanely scarce atm in the area so I've tried to focus on my youtube and webpage hoping get create some funding where I can to help pay the bills while doing something that I love. I really can't judge them for doing this.

This. Times are incredibly tough everywhere right now. In my state in Australia, we are constantly locked down from COVID outbreaks, we get some support from the government, but for a lot of us, it's simply not enough when we run our own businesses. I feel for him, and anyone going through a horrid time right now.

I was made a mod of this discord not long ago. He discussed in length with us, and quite frankly was open and understanding to everything that was put forward.
I said I would support him with what I could, as I love this community for the most part, and enjoy that discord as a whole. I've met people there I haven't talked to in 10+ years. It's been amazing.

After discussing with mods, it was simply a discussion as to how you'd feel about introducing it. There was no need to slander as much as some did.. or even bring it up here, where no one here has any control over it. Just simply disagree if you don't think it's a good idea, and move on.

Kibblez has already said NCsoft don't have an official Discord channel.

You've all said it in many different ways, but just want to be sure to echo formally that we do not currently have an official Discord for Aion/Classic. However, I do participate in a channel called 'Aion Classic Network'  because a large number of community members actively engage there, so it has shown itself to be a valuable place to distribute information and hear your concerns.

I dont entertain the idea of donating to the admin of the discord channel. It shouldnt warrant any payments to run the channel as I see nothing of substance arising from it. The AP traders spreadsheet was good, but it can do done by anyone playing the game for free.

However, I would happily pay more for NCwest to hire more competent GMs though. Something like $25/month subscription fee instead of $15. Right now the company seems to be cost cutting by hiring monkeys.

Well let him be, I never heard of him or his channel, if he manages to gain money via this all power to him. other people get money from onlyfans, so who cares.

I knew people that asked for real money to get you into their OP legion in the past, or pay real money for things related to legions and fortresses (back when they mattered a lot).

If someone devotes their time to something important to them and opens a Patreon or anything similar...that's what those things are for. If people agree that he is deserving of money for his efforts, they give it. If not, they don't. Asking for it is never a problem.

12 hours ago, Fest-DN said:

If someone devotes their time to something important to them and opens a Patreon or anything similar...that's what those things are for. If people agree that he is deserving of money for his efforts, they give it. If not, they don't. Asking for it is never a problem.

except this has potential for a lot of shady transactions, since the guy also took the opportunity to make a list of "confirmed" (by himsefl) game abuser. he already refused to put his legionmate's name on the list when there are clear evidence of discord chat logs, while all the other names were just added willy nilly without cross-checking. the guy is broke, what's to say he won't accept some "donation" to erase some names on the list.

what he's doing is basically what the star reviewers on yelp do to extort restaurants

8 hours ago, Luda said:

except this has potential for a lot of shady transactions, since the guy also took the opportunity to make a list of "confirmed" (by himsefl) game abuser. he already refused to put his legionmate's name on the list when there are clear evidence of discord chat logs, while all the other names were just added willy nilly without cross-checking. the guy is broke, what's to say he won't accept some "donation" to erase some names on the list.

This literally only matters if you think this community-made wall of shame will be the difference between a cheater getting banned by NCW or not; it will not.

10 minutes ago, Pyros said:

Does it cost money to setup and run a discord server?

This would be the only reason to contribute. The rest is all personnel choice and part of the hobby.

It is free to have a discord channel/server and there are no limits to the number of users, channels, or servers you can create.

There is something called "server boost" which it is mentioned in the first post, I think you pay some money and you unlock features, much like the premium vs free discord users. But none of them are mandatory to run anything, it is like buying skins or unlocking special emoticons etc.

Archived