Will you renew your subscription after the 3 month package ends?

Shenkt

Will you renew your subscription after the 3 month package ends?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew your subscription after the 3 month package ends?

• YES
    • NO

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2021 at 05:25 PM

@Kibbelz This is the real question your team needs to know now.

How many of us are trapped here as 'subs' due to us buying into the 3 month plan.

I personally have hated the Classic Experience, and you won't see another cent from me. I am not alone.

The indications from this Poll should allow you to do the forecasting for the game.

I doubt there will be sufficient revenue to keep this disaster going.

No one is going to pay to play with BOTS and Hackers in game where there is no anti cheat or consistent enforcement.

No one is going to pay to play a game with a broken player based economy and hyperinflation caused by the game makers inputting Kinah into the game via RMT Candy.

Game is dead.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478l02ct1rpovmy4qk9p

This poll will tell you when to book the hearse. 

l'm all for playing Aion but I can't justify it with all the ap traders and prices of loot rights now with the introduction of candies added to the game at launch. My leveling experience so far has been terrible with all the ganks and groups disbanding so it's made my decision that much easier. Even if New World isn't polished and combat is semi average, l'd take it over this game how it is right now.

I do love pvp in this game but l can't entertain feeling like no progression is being made.

There needs to be a 'depends' choice. In the surprising turn of events that NC actually does something about ap traders to show us that they're at least starting to fix issues, I'll keep renewing month for month and see how things go. If not, then it's a definite no.

Not sure why people are waiting to see what will be done with AP traders. The current amount of actions speak loudly enough. 

I am literally nyerking seeing people who have been caught AP trading still logged in. MRzzfish or whatever caught on camera today literally hacking is chatting in LFG right as of this moment. Like - Cmon people 

Kinah is overinflated, economy isnt awful, but doing anything legitimate in game to gather kinah to do enhancing etc is just worthless right now. 

Communication is so nyerk poor and pathetic, with all of the false bans etc lol why would you even bother? 

In an ideal world for me, Aion would be 50k players deep with so much content, massive wars, and things to do. Roadmaps of content for Classic. Aion is the greatest game ever made IMO. But it's time to move on I guess. Im not sure how I justify every dollar spent in here anymore. The population is being literally choked out and is creeping lower and lower daily and stuff like this which they should be jumping on ASAP they're just like....letting it sit there cause they don't know enough of how to fix it? 

In an ideal world for me, Aion would be 50k players deep with so much content, massive wars, and things to do. Roadmaps of content for Classic. Aion is the greatest game ever made IMO. But it's time to move on I guess. Im not sure how I justify every dollar spent in here anymore. The population is being literally choked out and is creeping lower and lower daily and stuff like this which they should be jumping on ASAP they're just like....letting it sit there cause they don't know enough of how to fix it? 

It could have been. Such a shame that nyerk poor management doesn't even understand its potential as a mmo. You have a mmo with one of, if not the best pvp mechanics. Instead of capitalizing on that, they ruin a good game with extremely poor decision making.. a 5 year old can do your job better than you come on.  Stop focusing 90% of your effort on short term income driven fixes like how to improve the daeva pass contents, and look at the actual problems in aion: cheaters, lack of content, ruined economy (rmting is the only way to make kinah.. crafting, gathering, etc. actual content that a player enjoys doing doesn't generate anything.. hint: ban bots and remove candies, get your income from subs instead.  In the long run the sub income will be much larger than whatever candy money you are milking from your remaining whales).  Aion is a great game, and nothing in the mmo market being released now or in the coming years can compare to it if you just fixed your shit. Imagine spending so much time on feature development for Aion 2 and barely even maintaining the current aion because its legacy stuff. As a consumer, I can tell you none of your new mobile pc retrofit games will be able to compare with Aion, and you're spending your energy in the wrong area. But clearly you don't play the game to understand this.

I also still don't like the issue long outstanding of the bans on SR wrongfully and nothing is being done or said from NCsoft, weeks ago they said they were looking into AP traders nothing been said since, from the start of Aion Classic bots are everywhere and getting worse each day I login and see the same said bot day after day, yet players wrongfully banned for doing repeat quests in SR still have marks against there accounts. 

I don't think the candy is an issue in itself NCsoft have got to have some way of making money,  But for that money being spent by the player base we want to see that NCsoft is dealing with the game the way they should, sorting AP traders, Hackers, Bots etc.

Also maybe they should think of making the pass account wide players like to play other classes why should we have to buy on each char. 

Maybe also the NCsoft team dealing with Aion should make a char and learn the game and start to see for themselves how it meant to run and see 1st hand the hackers bots and AP traders the player base has to deal with each day, having a team dealing with Aion classic that knows nothing about the game is a joke in itself. 

If NCsoft does not do something soon Aion Classic is dead before it starts and that's sad, the game is bleeding right now of its player base NCsoft has to see that, and also understand NA is not Korea. 

7 minutes ago, Alvie said:

The thing to remember is there are a lot of Aion rubbish talkers hang around this forum, so don't expect the poll to represent what really happens.

Tbh there is more NCwest/NCsoft rubbish talkers than Aion rubbish talkers.

sadly as much as we enjoy the game my whole legion will be quitting if the ap traders/hackers aren't banned, candy is w/e as you can get lucky  and make a decent amount of kinah with either selling loot rights or just gathering ore or going into a craft like alchemy or weaponsmithing

it's not fair for honest players to try and work their way up for gear when ncsoft just sits and turns  a blind eye to the people who have been caught in plain sight ap trading or hacking

Aion Classic for the West was an exit scam all to begin with. Between the overpriced daeva pass with a "subscription" based model you got absolutely very little. Siel's Aura advertises as 100% experience when in reality you get 100% of the normal exp rates. This was one of the first things I saw players realize as they play this game. 

It's clear from a software point that they did something completely opposite of blizzard and instead of trying to port over the old game onto a new tech stack, they hired whoever they could to front a higher initial cost to get the game playable on the older platform available. Given this, we see how buggy this game is with positional errors and bugs like the print screen glitch. This game at it's core is a software nightmare and it was monetized heavily to get paid fast. Daeva pass is hardly worth it. Sure coins are nice but the issue isn't that we have coins but that we have ONLY coins. Furthermore on the pass, KR got 1.5 by the start of the season 3 pass. They also had a DP entry stone with theirs. We did not get any of that. Most likely what NCWest is deciding to is the short sighted unsustainable option of getting people to pay into another month or three of Siel's Aura to play 1.5.

Now, speaking of 1.5, do we even want it? Why do I ask that? Well as of now we have had AP trading and hackers rampant and I lack any faith that the devs have the actual tech available on their older platform to catch it. Nowadays we have software like discord where people can be more anonymous and talk about their experiences with it an they are definitely creating plans to AP trade again if they get banned. I don't believe they will catch them all since @Kibbelz has clued us into how support has handled bot tickets before. His tone deaf response as a middleman suggests to me, as someone who used the support website and NOT the ingame report function, that the GMs do not really have the capacity to handle this. Why does this matter for 1.5? Because the impact of AP trading comes from the long run with substantial difference in gear difference. AP Traders accelerated the rate at which they can get armor and accessories to the max as the game allows them. By the time dredgion and DP comes, PvP will still be just as bad. The dredgion I wanted as I remember back in the 1.5 days of old will be tarnished by these lowlifes. There will be many games where my +10 DC armor will be all the difference to their fully enchanted 30e/40e/50e within three weeks time. If 1 million AP is the max someone can get in a week and we have AT LEAST three weeks left until 1.5, they will be way stronger to where skill difference matters not. I do not want to play a game like that. 

Lastly, this game's community is some of the most toxic shit that seems like the people are still stuck in their 2009 childish ways. I've seen sexual harassment, hackers and ap traders gloating about what they do in public spaces, and people incessantly whining to the wrong people. I've seen people publically admonish AP traders but have their discord logs leaked of them being just as much cockroaches as others trying to get in on the massive AP trading circles. I've seen people defending their friends even though they were caught animation hacking with dps meters. I've seen the most blantent use of hacking such as Control of Siel-A just noclipping into the ground and run away when his low skill self can't win PvP in the Abyss. 

tl;dr I won't give NCWest another cent for these reasons

• Predatory business model with Daeva Pass, bait and switching with Siel's Aura feature, delaying in game patches to align with Siel's Aura subscription subsiding.
  • Poorly coded game with bugs. Typos abundant.
  • AP traders being unaddress and having long term impacts on the game's health
  • Hackers
  • Mismangement between us and the very poor GMs
  • I hate this community

I love Aion so much. My excitement and anticipation was so high when I found out about Classic coming to NA. I don't know how to answer this poll though because either answer is contingent upon two things happening:

1. Genuine effort by NCSoft to ban hackers, especially animation hackers.

2. Evidence that most AP Traders are being stripped of their AP and their armor deleted.

I am sad this has been happening. NCSoft cannot plead ignorance. These issues occurred in Korea. Humans gonna human, and so they had plenty of time to plan and prepare to be thorough and expeditious in how they chose to address these issues when they inevitably arose in NA. They have failed so far, and it's very sad.

Side note, I feel bad for Kibblez. This guy has no power. He was great at communications in the beginning but now he is being given nothing to communicate, but people keep pinging him. It seems to be like he's in a strait jacket and it's not his fault. 

If 1 and 2 above don't happen, I'll quit. I could even wait longer for 1.5 patch if 1 and 2 would just happen.

The lack of communication is very troubling. The poor, slow response to these genuine issues is disturbing and unfair to the playerbase.

I can say my dreams and hopes were crushed. I expected a classic experience. But poor NC management led to faction imbalance, hackers, cheaters, botters and toxic people. And pay-to-win.

This is all but a classic experience. I wish this never ever happened so my memories of old Aion would stay in that happy place in my mind.

To those that say they wanted a "it depends" options, it depends on whether NCWest will fix what... botting, cheating, AP trading and glitching?

Don't ask for that option then as the options have to be realistic and they have to do with your choice based on the current situation which none of the "dependencies" have been met yet.

If you played Aion from its release and through most of its patches how you could you even be suprised by the behaviour of this company and its so called GMs?

They want your money for the least amount of effort and content they have the absolute worst customer service of any Mmo ive played and hackers cheaters have ruined this game since its inception.If you truly expect this company to change its business model then you are waiting in vain.

I give retail and classice maybe another year the game is terrible its developers ignore players and the support by ncwest is disgraceful.

21 hours ago, Shenkt said:

@Kibbelz This is the real question your team needs to know now.

How many of us are trapped here as 'subs' due to us buying into the 3 month plan.

I personally have hated the Classic Experience, and you won't see another cent from me. I am not alone.

The indications from this Poll should allow you to do the forecasting for the game.

I doubt there will be sufficient revenue to keep this disaster going.

No one is going to pay to play with BOTS and Hackers in game where there is no anti cheat or consistent enforcement.

No one is going to pay to play a game with a broken player based economy and hyperinflation caused by the game makers inputting Kinah into the game via RMT Candy.

Game is dead.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478l02ct1rpovmy4qk9p

This poll will tell you when to book the hearse. 

Well because of the way they did the 3 month sub as a package instead of an actual sub, none of us has a recurring subscription anyway. It'll run out in 35 days and we'll have to manually set up a new subscription if we want one. They're making it easy to quit.

8 hours ago, Oneiros said:

2. Evidence that most AP Traders are being stripped of their AP and their armor deleted.

how can you believe this will happen ? Most of the elites are hiding their gear details.  You can never know who have gears and whose gears got removed.

I haven't subbed yet I wanted to try it first and see if it's something I want to commit to (I loved aion back in the day) but im not sure I will after seeing the differences in f2p and p2p. Don't get me wrong I have no issue with a sub but hiding in game currency gear and experience behind a $15 sub on Aion... idk if it's worth it. My suggestion is leave experience and gear/money alone and add a different incentive like scrolls or costumes. I'd sub for scrolls and costumes. 

Archived