Do you think Aion classic will recover

5s1A2E69-DN

Will Aion Classic survive  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will Aion Classic survive under NCwest West?

• Yes it will
    • No it will not
    • If Ncsoft starts to address issues.

There's really not a lot of psychology involved here .... it's pretty simple

Aion Retail is total sh*t
Every major MMO release since 2009 has had degrees of being a sh*t show
Sure Tera and GW2 and Archeage and BDO had their moments, but their dedication to PvP was lacking and left a lot to be desired (Archeage maybe came through on that front a little before it exploded)
Ashes of Creation will be released in 2038

The truth is that Aion Classic is not perfect
NCSoft is far from perfect.  Far, far, far from perfect
But they have a product that we are addicted to ... a game in nearly it's original iteration that captivated us in 2009 and left a void that no game could fill between that time and now
It's not so much that NCSoft is letting us down so much as the entire MMO genre has been letting us down for a decade

That being said ... like most of you, I would like to NCSoft take action, and swift action at that, against the cheaters, the hackers, the filthy AP traders and those that denegrate the game.  I understand their trepidation and need to be thorough, but I still hold hope that they will act soon in concert with releasing the next content patch as well

Whether we admit it or not, we've been waiting for Aion Classic ever since about Archeage.  Now that it's here, our expectations are beyond oxygen at this point and we feel like the game developer and the community management teams are letting us down.

Maybe.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and a bit more time ... because at the end of the day, despite all of the challenges, all of the unneeded changes, all of the questionable players who denegrate the game and despite all of the negativity that all of this brings out in all of us ...

It's still be best fu**cking game ever

It has a good chance to recover. First off these cm's / GM's need to stop suspending people for calling out ncsoft about the state of the game. When I was on a 3 day ban i noticed an abundance of suspended players on the forum's. Most of which called ncsoft out like myself with the ap traders , hackers being left a lone but oh no you exploit a dungeon for mass amount of kinah or find a way to make a run faster and easier. You get banned. Like we as a community said before.  NCSOFT NEEDS TO GET THEIR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Buttershotz said:

It has a good chance to recover. First off these cm's / GM's need to stop suspending people for calling out ncsoft about the state of the game. When I was on a 3 day ban i noticed an abundance of suspended players on the forum's. Most of which called ncsoft out like myself with the ap traders , hackers being left a lone but oh no you exploit a dungeon for mass amount of kinah or find a way to make a run faster and easier. You get banned. Like we as a community said before.  NCSOFT NEEDS TO GET THEIR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I was in the list I just got off to be able to use again

6 hours ago, Wsnow said:

yes I was in the list I just got off to be able to use again

You and me both. It's just sad that they're priorities are suspending players who call them out on their bullshit and promises that the won't commit to. It sickens me even worse that the hackers/AP traders have stayed in game this long and that people actually back them up, but you hop on a pserver and they get banned instantly. What's even worse is that the pservers care more about their community and the game then the actual company of the game. 

Which brings me back to GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT NCSOFT. 

9 hours ago, Buttershotz said:

You and me both. It's just sad that they're priorities are suspending players who call them out on their bullshit and promises that the won't commit to. It sickens me even worse that the hackers/AP traders have stayed in game this long and that people actually back them up, but you hop on a pserver and they get banned instantly. What's even worse is that the pservers care more about their community and the game then the actual company of the game. 

Which brings me back to GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT NCSOFT. 

Well this is simple, Those who do not call them out spend more money on the game than those that do call them out. Start spending 100s of 1000s and become a mega whale and they may listen to you problem solved.

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Well this is simple, Those who do not call them out spend more money on the game than those that do call them out. Start spending 100s of 1000s and become a mega whale and they may listen to you problem solved.

how do you work that out? I was spending money on 3 accounts. all I want is to be able to play the game without hackers, AP traders, and bots and I don't think that is asking a lot to a company I am spending my free time with and my money.  I also think you find there were a lot more players paying money and just want the same as me.  the ones calling this out just want a fair game. 

6 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Do you think spending money in-game has an effect? I think it's a penny on what's happening to NCSoft atm due to mishandling of games.Kmv25Xl.png

You see not all players are just spending money in-games, "True Whales" plays it with real money in stocks.

If you had consecutive bad reviews, regular bad forum/searchable topics, investors will definitely pull-out a huge chunk of money.

5 hours ago, Wsnow said:

how do you work that out? I was spending money on 3 accounts. all I want is to be able to play the game without hackers, AP traders, and bots and I don't think that is asking a lot to a company I am spending my free time with and my money.  I also think you find there were a lot more players paying money and just want the same as me.  the ones calling this out just want a fair game. 

If you are paying money to a company expecting them to ban hackers in which every single person who has played Aion knows they have not banned any hackers for the better part of 5 years aside from very few unique cases then...No words can describe but i will try.

Think about what you just said "the ones calling this out just want a fair game." Why is the forums not flooded with complaints? It is like max 50 people who are putting up a fuss about it and at least 15% of those people are people just arguing. This means the majority do not care, They either know how NCsoft operates due to past experiences so they do not bother or they are cheating and do not care. From my experience there are at a minimum 137(hackers) on SL, That is the ones that show up on the DPS meter and are not the ones that just use speed hacks since they are decent at the game but just need a little something to have an advantage.

NCwest will forever be full of big spending cheaters because it buys near perfect immunity.

5 hours ago, Saitamasensei said:

Do you think spending money in-game has an effect? I think it's a penny on what's happening to NCSoft atm due to mishandling of games.Kmv25Xl.png

If you honestly think it is the mishandling of games you are so far from understanding why it even went down. The past 4 years minimum in both KR and NA all NCsoft games have been mishanded. You think people just went you know what yes i do feel for the consumers i am going to sell all i own? No that is not the case you look in to so much more about a corporation than how they treat their consumers.

Example:

unknown.png

Look at the YoY it shows that consumers are happily spending more than last year on PC titles overall and less on Mobile games(all be it not that much change overall). Even more impressive when you compare B&S PC YoY considering B&S 2M was announced and launched August 26th PC. This again has very little to do with why it went down.

56 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

No that is not the case you look in to so much more about a corporation than how they treat their consumers.

Ok, i don't know the basis of your idea. But here's the article: Korean gamers take action against NCSoft’s ‘misleading’ marketing

This is the power of how gamers can influence your stocks, it is no similar with other companies where their product and services defines the strength of their current stocks. Take note that this dip in stocks (almost 25% shaved off) happens in the course of 5days and has continuous going downtrend to the next few days.

Now, lets analyze the consolidated quarterly sales of NCSoft:

unknown.png

You see Aion in 2Q20 and 3Q20 (8194 and 8,453) in the chart, its has the lowest sales among all of the 5 games. (7-8% of total sales)

By the time Aion Classic Release in KR (November 2020, Late 4Q20) it became the 3rd strongest sales more than double of the last quarter. (Note that this classic was introduced only in KR and not in all servers). (15.5% - 18.13% of total sales)

Note that Aion Classic NA (June 2021, Late 2Q21) is released late of 2Q21 and high likely that most of the sales will reflect on 3Q21. This means that the fall of KR Market is cushioned by introduction of NA Market giving a strong total numbers. (18.42% of total sales)

Now I am interested in the numbers of 3Q21 and 4Q21 as this will determine how much they gain initially in NA server and loose eventually d/t this mishaps.

To counter the fall of numbers in 4Q21, it is high-likely that NCSoft will open new server of Aion Classic in either EU or SEA.

If there is still continuous decline in population and player satisfaction , you will see a fall of numbers until it reaches similar numbers to 2Q20/3Q20 or below.

46 minutes ago, Saitamasensei said:

Ok, i don't know the basis of your idea. But here's the article: Korean gamers take action against NCSoft’s ‘misleading’ marketing

This is the power of how gamers can influence your stocks, it is no similar with other companies where their product and services defines the strength of their current stocks. Take note that this dip in stocks (almost 25% shaved off) happens in the course of 5days and has continuous going downtrend to the next few days.

Now, lets analyze the consolidated quarterly sales of NCSoft:

unknown.png

You see Aion in 2Q20 and 3Q20 (8194 and 8,453) in the chart, its has the lowest sales among all of the 5 games. (7-8% of total sales)

By the time Aion Classic Release in KR (November 2020, Late 4Q20) it became the 3rd strongest sales more than double of the last quarter. (Note that this classic was introduced only in KR and not in all servers). (15.5% - 18.13% of total sales)

Note that Aion Classic NA (June 2021, Late 2Q21) is released late of 2Q21 and high likely that most of the sales will reflect on 3Q21. This means that the fall of KR Market is cushioned by introduction of NA Market giving a strong total numbers. (18.42% of total sales)

Now I am interested in the numbers of 3Q21 and 4Q21 as this will determine how much they gain initially in NA server and loose eventually d/t this mishaps.

To counter the fall of numbers in 4Q21, it is high-likely that NCSoft will open new server of Aion Classic in either EU or SEA.

If there is still continuous decline in population and player satisfaction , you will see a fall of numbers until it reaches similar numbers to 2Q20/3Q20 or below.

TBH its about time companies start to hear from there player base, and shares will always show, players are sick of the PW2 and 
NCsoft needs to see that. 

13 minutes ago, Saitamasensei said:

I was really hoping you were going to link this and try and mention what you did.

https://www.youtube.com/c/김성회의G식백과/videos

This is the video in question.

Kim Seong-hoe, an influential game analyst who operates YouTube channel G Encyclopedia, posted a online video on how even main Lineage players are having drained of NCSoft’s ongoing rollout of pricey paid merchandise deals, though increasing inquiries about no matter whether NCSoft can stage a turnaround with yet another Lineage installment titled Lineage W, to be released later this 12 months. 

Look at Lineage2M and LM. NCsoft has long since struggled with cannibalization it has been brought up every 2-3 public conference calls. All those players that left LineageM are more than likely playing L2M now. This is why they can get away with the baloney they pull. Most who leave an NCsoft game simply go to another NCsoft game and i would bet that their consumer payment logging show this trend as well. L2M climbed what? 21,000 YoY while LM lost 25,000 YoY. Coincidence? Unlikely.

You can listen to all their conference calls at https://kr.ncsoft.com/en/ir/irArchive/earningsRelease.do

On 9/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

youre statement is absolutely pathetic. would you like me to show you the purchase history of my account for classic. its not in the hundreds or below that. its not 0. its above 4 figures. so before you make a pathetic statement like that. check the facts 1st!

1 hour ago, Buttershotz said:

youre statement is absolutely pathetic. would you like me to show you the purchase history of my account for classic. its not in the hundreds or below that. its not 0. its above 4 figures. so before you make a pathetic statement like that. check the facts 1st!

Are you flexing 4 figures spent on a company that is known for consumer neglect? Your money your choice, Unlike some here on the forums i do not judge you for that. I know  34 players just off the top of my head who have also spent 4 figures on classic(who have put well over 100,000 in to retail) that buy kinah from outside sources as well. These players do not come to the forums because they also used the services of AP traders. 

Hell i know one player who has spent over 10,000+ just because they will not play with people who have no boons so what they do is top up other peoples accounts with quna and get them the boons(Along with the ability to get the DC spear priority buying if it drops in a run of the people they bought boons for). This player also uses the service of AP traders.

I whole heartedly believe they are weighing up the options on between is it the legit or illegitimate players who spent more. If it is the legitimate players they will announce a ban wave before the 3 month subscriptions run out. Then after a week or in the same week announce 1.5. The other side would be they announce a ban wave after 1.5 comes out ban a few bots and a few non spenders who AP traded and call it a "ban wave of all the ap traders".

This is simply how little faith i have in NCwest doing the right thing by the consumers who uphold the ToS and CoC with-in the product NCwest provides.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Are you flexing 4 figures spent on a company that is known for consumer neglect? Your money your choice, Unlike some here on the forums i do not judge you for that. I know  34 players just off the top of my head who have also spent 4 figures on classic(who have put well over 100,000 in to retail) that buy kinah from outside sources as well. These players do not come to the forums because they also used the services of AP traders. 

Hell i know one player who has spent over 10,000+ just because they will not play with people who have no boons so what they do is top up other peoples accounts with quna and get them the boons(Along with the ability to get the DC spear priority buying if it drops in a run of the people they bought boons for). This player also uses the service of AP traders.

I whole heartedly believe they are weighing up the options on between is it the legit or illegitimate players who spent more. If it is the legitimate players they will announce a ban wave before the 3 month subscriptions run out. Then after a week or in the same week announce 1.5. The other side would be they announce a ban wave after 1.5 comes out ban a few bots and a few non spenders who AP traded and call it a "ban wave of all the ap traders".

This is simply how little faith i have in NCwest doing the right thing by the consumers who uphold the ToS and CoC with-in the product NCwest provides.

youre not wrong on the aspect on faith with ncwest. its one of the reasons i left after 4.7   doing the monthly sub and cash items just to keep up with the players who spend way more than ppl with an average income is hard to compete with. i think i finally left at 5 or 6k maybe a lil more. hard to tell. spending money means nothing to me if im enjoying the game. now if the devs/company aint doing nothing to at least stable the game to bring it to a some what enjoyable presence whats the point on even spending a dime. plenty of games out there that will welcome our money and listen to our reviews and so forth on how to make the game better. 

what ncwest is doing is just mind blowing. its like hey, im just gonna continue taking your money while violating my own ToS at the same time cuz i wont do nothing to fix the issues, but if you violate our ToS for a pve instance cuz of an exploite we'll either 7day ban you or perma ban you.  Hence why i kept saying they need to get their priorities straight!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived