Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

I believe it is a group of them. Not just an individual, obviously same group of AP traders. The best you can do is leave the game. I havent played in 2 days and I know it's not alot but I was playing everyday all the time. I dont plan on playing anymore and the only way to get away from this is to quit. I'm sorry to say this to you. I put in alot of time and money as well but this has just gone way too far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bamfwifey said:

I believe it is a group of them. Not just an individual, obviously same group of AP traders. The best you can do is leave the game. I havent played in 2 days and I know it's not alot but I was playing everyday all the time. I dont plan on playing anymore and the only way to get away from this is to quit. I'm sorry to say this to you. I put in alot of time and money as well but this has just gone way too far. 

Best you can do is stop giving NCsoft your money. They already have seen a 19% drop in revenue in Aion from last quarter. A huge drop that neither they or their investors expected. Stop giving them money for siel's aura, deava pass, and skins.

HURT THEIR WALLETS UNTIL WE SEE RESULTS!

There are more legit players then exploiters/hackers and I guarantee we are the majority and create more revenue for NCsoft then the hackers that already getting bored and selling off their accounts all over the web.  I also recomend logging in less. I myself basically log in, do my dailies, log out. I might even stop doing that in the near future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys have to take a small break, sit back and think some things through regarding these issues. You see they aren't doing anything, yet you play and pay them your money. Question yourself, is it worth the anger, the stress and the disappointment? If the answer is "no", then it's time to pack your things and move on, if the answer is "yes", then keep on playing and have fun.

The game, as is in its current state, is a lost cause due to the continuous hacks and exploits, and many have already gained advantage over legitimate players. To keep supporting the company is simply allowing yourself to be spat on and be slapped in the face. Prevalent issues such as these ultimately leads to any game's downfall. Having seen those early signs during season 2 Daeva Pass I realized I can't continue paying for this game because of NCWest's lack of interest to make things right.

This isn't the same game some of you remember from the early days, not even a mere shell of its original form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

The game, as is in its current state, is a lost cause due to the continuous hacks and exploits, and many have already gained advantage over legitimate players. To keep supporting the company is simply allowing yourself to be spat on and be slapped in the face. Prevalent issues such as these ultimately leads to any game's downfall. Having seen those early signs during season 2 Daeva Pass I realized I can't continue paying for this game because of NCWest's lack of interest to make things right.

This isn't the same game some of you remember from the early days, not even a mere shell of its original form.

The fact that NCsoft hasn't done an adequate job here is incredibly frustrating but I don't understand the "lost cause" mentality. Did the pile of hackers in 2.x render it a lost cause? Did all the mass-ap farming being done by people hacking in Eso render it a lost cause? Same for every other expansion, did the piles of obvious hackers ruin it? No. They mostly did not matter. Even the best of them were minor annoyances for the duration of time leading up to their bans. Looking at Mrzzfish hack himself silly only to get bodied by just about everyone in existence is more sad than frustrating. The dude can barely fight back. He's just a signpost that they aren't banning the appropriate people. NCsoft is a painfully slow moving entity but we did eventually see bans for most prominent/obvious hackers over the years. Hopefully that's what we see this time as well (but dear lord just ban the obvious ones now).

I think the phrasing of your post is most of what I have a problem with here, though. You stating it is a lost cause is just incorrect. You can feel that way, and I'm genuinely sorry you do, but that doesn't mean it is. I played through far, far worse circumstances over the years and the game didn't die and was still enjoyable. The irony of the last part of your post is that NCsoft taking their sweet time with bans, rmt, bots, hackers, AP traders...it's all 100% classic Aion. I'm not sure how the collective memories here don't remember how bad it used to be but it was absolutely equal or worse than it is now and most people barely noticed or cared. None of that excuses NCsoft in the least, though, they need to show us we can give them a modicum of trust or people will rightfully withhold their money.

Edited by Fest-DN
Stuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fest-DN said:

The fact that NCsoft hasn't done an adequate job here is incredibly frustrating but I don't understand the "lost cause" mentality. Did the pile of hackers in 2.x render it a lost cause? Did all the mass-ap farming being done by people hacking in Eso render it a lost cause? Same for every other expansion, did the piles of obvious hackers ruin it? No. They mostly did not matter. Even the best of them were minor annoyances for the duration of time leading up to their bans. Looking at Mrzzfish hack himself silly only to get bodied by just about everyone in existence is more sad than frustrating. The dude can barely fight back. He's just a signpost that they aren't banning the appropriate people. NCsoft is a painfully slow moving entity but we did eventually see bans for most prominent/obvious hackers over the years. Hopefully that's what we see this time as well (but dear lord just ban the obvious ones now).

The main issue here is that you're comparing the game to how it was back in 2.x to what is now. It's around 7-8 years of difference, and the way I see it, seems to be the main cause people are forgetting this is not, in fact, the same game being played here. The entire purpose of Classic was meant to attract old and veteran players after they've butchered Live version, and right now Classic is going down the same path. People are free to believe whatever they want, be my guest, but to ignore this particular part here shows people are willing to either ignore this for their sake of sanity or simply because they're overwhelmed with nostalgia and are able to look past these issues to enjoy the game. Question remains, is it worth the money? That's is entirely a subjective question that requires a subjective answer -- and this is where we all disagree here. Our perception of the game/company differs.

Quote

I think the phrasing of your post is most of what I have a problem with here, though. You stating it is a lost cause is just incorrect. You can feel that way, and I'm genuinely sorry you do, but that doesn't mean it is. I played through far, far worse circumstances over the years and the game didn't die and was still enjoyable. The irony of the last part of your post is that NCsoft taking their sweet time with bans, rmt, bots, hackers, AP traders...it's all 100% classic Aion. I'm not sure how the collective memories here don't remember how bad it used to be but it was absolutely equal or worse than it is now and most people barely noticed or cared. None of that excuses NCsoft in the least, though, they need to show us we can give them a modicum of trust or people will rightfully withhold their money.

I don't see the reason why would you voice your pity for me, but I'm guessing you have your own reasons.

It is clear you have not read my entire post in its entirety, but let me reiterate. Quoting myself:

Quote

The game, as is in its current state, is a lost cause due to the continuous hacks and exploits, and many have already gained advantage over legitimate players.

The game has potential, but it's being crushed by the company. Game is (as far as I know, as of today) successful in Korea, but miserable in the West. The issue is not the game, the issue is the company handling this game. They can stop the exploits, they "addressed" the AP trading, yet nothing is being done with it. What does that tell you?

Even if it were a different publisher, such as Gameforge, the story most likely would repeat itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think for a minute they care as someone who spent a bit over 3.5k last month support refused to help me with something even though its costed them a customer. So please dont waste your time thinking anythings going to change when they dont even care about losing paying players.

So sad the way this games run i said many years ago it has super massive potential even in the west just poorly managed with terrible support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

The main issue here is that you're comparing the game to how it was back in 2.x to what is now. It's around 7-8 years of difference, and the way I see it, seems to be the main cause people are forgetting this is not, in fact, the same game being played here. The entire purpose of Classic was meant to attract old and veteran players after they've butchered Live version, and right now Classic is going down the same path. People are free to believe whatever they want, be my guest, but to ignore this particular part here shows people are willing to either ignore this for their sake of sanity or simply because they're overwhelmed with nostalgia and are able to look past these issues to enjoy the game. Question remains, is it worth the money? That's is entirely a subjective question that requires a subjective answer -- and this is where we all disagree here. Our perception of the game/company differs.

The same path? I'm sorry but until they drop a "spend unholy amounts of money or lose access to permanent skills/content" I'm not seeing this going down the same path. Right now we're working with 1.2, an absolute hard cap of +15 50e and a mind numbing amount of time to achieve that before ABG drops which only certain classes will even consider obtaining past accessories/weapon. How is that the same path as retail with it's massive pile of content-invasive events that make all legit efforts to gear up irrelevant? We've had xp events and a broken griffon event, lol. I agree that we are all going to have our own opinions here but the worst thing we have right now is the daeva pass which amounts to a few enchantment stones and a couple crowns. Hardly the nonsense we've been dealing with on retail for the past few years. I have limited confidence that it will remain this way but as of right now it's fine.

 

29 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I don't see the reason why would you voice your pity for me, but I'm guessing you have your own reasons.

I am compassionate toward your frustration, which you are openly posting here on the forums. We're all here because we love Aion, it sucks that a lot of people aren't having a good time.

30 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

It is clear you have not read my entire post in its entirety, but let me reiterate. Quoting myself:

The game has potential, but it's being crushed by the company. Game is (as far as I know, as of today) successful in Korea, but miserable in the West. The issue is not the game, the issue is the company handling this game. They can stop the exploits, they "addressed" the AP trading, yet nothing is being done with it. What does that tell you?

Even if it were a different publisher, such as Gameforge, the story most likely would repeat itself.

I did read your post. You're missing an "I think" in there. You're stating your opinion as fact and it's 100% of the reason I even responded to your post. I'm not trying to change your opinion but I feel the need to dispute such things when I find them inaccurate. The forums reflect out to potential new/returning players and they deserve a discussion, not just a dumpster fire. Some of that dumpster fire is justified. Some of it is not. The forums may communicate a sentiment of general misery but that is not what I'm seeing in-game with busy zones all the way up as people level second characters, twink, etc. People are playing and enjoying themselves.

As for the KR/NA perceptions they've always had the bigger base and more passionate playerbase. Some of this is cultural, some of it is NCwest doing a lackluster job. NCwest desperately needs to post their numbers when they push a ban wave like most other companies do, the lack of transparency is the bigger issue. We tend to ignore/forget the hackers we suddenly stop seeing so long as some of them still remain. People then lose confidence in the process and stop reporting bots/hackers/exploits even while bans are happening and it just gets worse and worse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fest-DN said:

We tend to ignore/forget the hackers we suddenly stop seeing so long as some of them still remain. People then lose confidence in the process and stop reporting bots/hackers/exploits even while bans are happening and it just gets worse and worse. 

Let me explain why some people know how unique this PoV is. There are plenty of people who played SL-E back in the day, A friend who got upset with the game cracked downloaded a cheat tool and reported their own email attached to the account saying they are cheating. THEY NEVER GOT BANNED. We then had our entire guild report his account. THEY NEVER GOT BANNED.

The only time bans happen is when specific people report them because they seem to have sway with who ever does the banning.

There is only unique times that bans have actually been handed out and they usually co-inside with game updates the majority of the time for damage control. We will get a ban on the AP traders it mite be perma it mite be 1-7 days but no matter how the ban gets handed out the chances are they will announce 1.5 along with it.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Ncwest refuses to help perhaps players should start tweeting and emailing Nc korea instead.

The only way things change is if enough people do something.

They just dont care at ncwest about money support always carry on about they understand your issue blah blah but then do nothing, instead they are happy to cost the game paying customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly this game has gone down the tube big time, no real punishment just slaps on the wrist for people cheating/ap trading and now this, selling officer quests, once my subscription is up i'm putting this game on the shelf and going back to VR, people think it's bad now just wait till dredge comes out the cheating will be even worse and ncsoft won't do anything except accept your paypal payments, VR in the meantime waiting for lost ark

Link to post
Share on other sites

I private messgaed kibblez a day ago about a issue they havent even bothered too read it or reply so that shows everyone just how often a CM visits or checks their messgaes.Past comminty managers like cyan and hime at least answered messages promptly and were much more visible on the forums.

Anyways done with the game just posting this last thing on forums.Ncwest has driven both versions of this game into the ground over 12 years and have zero respect or appreciation for customers money i said it last time i quit and ill say it again now i simpll cant wrap my head around a company that so easily lets paying players go and cant resolve issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Qyburn-DN said:

unknown.png

They literally wrote the names and legion names (as if noone else has figured out their dumb legion names) but NC still won't do anything.

So "An Vilain" and "An Hero" are both the same people?

And isn't it wrong to put "an" instead of "a" since the next word starts with a consonant? "A Villain" and "A Hero"?

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

So "An Vilain" and "An Hero" are both the same people?

And isn't it wrong to put "an" instead of "a" since the next word starts with a consonant? "A Villain" and "A Hero"?

 

You can't be serious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

About the question if they are the same people (one legion in asmodians and one in elyos) or about the grammar nazi part?

both.

 

Assuming you are serious which is really odd; troll worthy -- Yes, it's the same "people", and as far the grammar part it is obviously intentional. It's a very old joke, borderline "it's over 9000!" status. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Qyburn-DN said:

unknown.png

They literally wrote the names and legion names (as if noone else has figured out their dumb legion names) but NC still won't do anything.

@KibbelzThis is fairly obvious now. Last night 4 of the 6 officers on Siel-elyos were from AN HERO and there is only a total of 5 people in that guild. ALSO, there were rumors Onaho had his AP removed and even if that is true he was back to being an officer last night so a lot of good that did.

This is just sad....what a waste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jake-DN said:

both.

Assuming you are serious which is really odd; troll worthy -- Yes, it's the same "people", and as far the grammar part it is obviously intentional. It's a very old joke, borderline "it's over 9000!" status. 

I knew both these legions' existences I just learned they are the same people, why is it so shocking?

I am doing memes myself and I never seen the "an" joke anywhere, this is why I asked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I knew both these legions' existences I just learned they are the same people, why is it so shocking?

I am doing memes myself and I never seen the "an" joke anywhere, this is why I asked.

one doesn't make memes, one simply uses them.

 

As far as an hero goes, it's an old troll from a guy who killed themselves back in 2006. It's not exactly a very polite joke. Someone posted a comment about the guy with a typo and it blew up. 

 

As far as usage in Aion goes, when Yuh was in <Seppuku>  (very befitting legion name), he would spam some nonsense troll saying "I am Yuh and I am an villain of this story" or something like that. 

 

Guess who is behind both of those legions, along with another long time friend of his. ;)

 

Edit: for old times sake:

I am Tzu, and I am an hero of this story.

Edited by Jake-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...