Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

Looks like this ban wave has been well executed with not many flocking to the forums protesting their innocence. On the balance of probabilities, innocent players haven't been implicated in this. Some offending players may have fallen through the gap, but that's acceptable in these circumstances. Seems like NCwest have learnt from the SR debacle.

This has been a momentous occasion for the game. I am pleasantly suprised, so well done and keep it up! This is a big step into regaining the trust of the playerbase.

Edited by Voodoodoctor-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sr is a non factor instance why would you even run it?

And why on earth would you ban ppl exploiting for some crap gear ?

Whats next?  Fire temple rock jumping is going to attract a perma ban ?

Ridicule 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Musashi said:

Sr is a non factor instance why would you even run it?

the hairpins quest for the hat is nice. Also for the nostalgia and helping out friends. I am full SR gear and i still run it occassionally to help out friends.

 

5 minutes ago, Musashi said:

And why on earth would you ban ppl exploiting for some crap gear ?

It's a question for NCwest as they stuffed up that one.

 

5 minutes ago, Musashi said:

Whats next?  Fire temple rock jumping is going to attract a perma ban ?

Give it enough attention and it might warrant some action. Luckily, its not game changing enough for the players to care. AP trading and hackers are the real issues to deal with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Musashi said:

Sr is a non factor instance why would you even run it?

And why on earth would you ban ppl exploiting for some crap gear ?

Whats next?  Fire temple rock jumping is going to attract a perma ban ?

Ridicule 

 

They were using exploits to get chests in the instance over and over and over. You could make hundreds of millions this way if automated together with hacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crush said:

They were using exploits to get chests in the instance over and over and over. You could make hundreds of millions this way if automated together with hacks.

That was the original intention and justification of the SR ban. Execution was a disaster. The differences in execution between SR and the AP trade banning is night and day. 

 

Still yet to see anyone proclaiming their innocence on the forums yet for this ban wave. Fair to presume ban hammer is spot on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Airashi said:

That was the original intention and justification of the SR ban. Execution was a disaster. The differences in execution between SR and the AP trade banning is night and day.

Still yet to see anyone proclaiming their innocence on the forums yet for this ban wave. Fair to presume ban hammer is spot on.

SR thing was easier because they could check who entered SR and how many times etc, that is easy because it gets logged. They did noob on banning people that simply did multiple quest returns which wasn't a hack or a glitch, it was game mechanics.

When it comes to AP trading... this is open world and can be done anywhere, there are people who keep killing the same enemy char because they killed them and they kept coming back and kept dying whether because they were stubborn or because they were botting. Killing a char more than 1 time in small amount of time doesn't always mean AP trading. So this is why they take way too long for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who HONESTLY thought that they would ban all the abusers? They will get the dumb ones that do 1 character over and over. Those guys are on a whole new level of trading. Most likely will never be banned.

It is NCsoft and they are not going to change. We will have our asses handed to the traders for a very long time before we catch up. Get over it, or quit, sadly. It is what it is.

At this point I'm not even sure why I keep repeating the same sentence over and over. You guys just wont listen. ^_^

I bet you all that they banned a handfull of non factors that did 12k AP trade and consider it resolved. Hahahahaha. It's laughable at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz

How about we make it so that gain and loss are the same within each rank? Close the large abyss point gaps between ranks and decrease overall gain and loss. Break up zergs by adding daily pop-up kill quests where contribution is limited to the area of each rift's quest or abyss area's quest, perhaps make it award 2500 abyss points each. Maybe throw in soloable daily repeatable PvE spy quests where contribution is limited to the area of each rift's quest or abyss area's quest, perhaps make it award 750 abyss points each.

 

All that would help counter AP trading~

Edited by Kynurenigh
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kynurenigh said:

@Kibbelz

How about we make it so that gain and loss are the same within each rank? Close the large abyss point gaps between ranks and decrease overall gain and loss. Break up zergs by adding daily pop-up unique kill quests where contribution is limited to the area of each rift's quest or abyss area's quest, perhaps make it award 2500 abyss points each. Maybe throw in soloable daily repeatable PvE spy quests where contribution is limited to the area of each rift's quest or abyss area's quest, perhaps make it award 750 abyss points each.

 

All that would help counter AP trading~

Fixed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Voodoodoctor-DN said:

Looks like this ban wave has been well executed with not many flocking to the forums protesting their innocence.

No one actually was banned hence no one flocking to the forums lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bip said:

Who HONESTLY thought that they would ban all the abusers? They will get the dumb ones that do 1 character over and over. Those guys are on a whole new level of trading. Most likely will never be banned.

It is NCsoft and they are not going to change. We will have our asses handed to the traders for a very long time before we catch up. Get over it, or quit, sadly. It is what it is.

At this point I'm not even sure why I keep repeating the same sentence over and over. You guys just wont listen. ^_^

I bet you all that they banned a handfull of non factors that did 12k AP trade and consider it resolved. Hahahahaha. It's laughable at best.

The thing is that if someone is doing it very cleverly then it won't be easy to find them. AP trading isn't only done by setting 10 kisks in the abyss in an arrangement that looks like blatant AP trading.

But Kibbelz said they will get more ban waves. Of course this wont' change much in the long run, if someone wants to AP trade they will simply be more careful.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

The thing is that if someone is doing it very cleverly then it won't be easy to find them. AP trading isn't only done by setting 10 kisks in the abyss in an arrangement that looks like blatant AP trading.

But Kibbelz said they will get more ban waves. Of course this wont' change much in the long run, if someone wants to AP trade they will simply be more careful.

That is exactly what I said in a  more elaborated text, though, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...