Merge Siel+Israphel

Merrixx

23 hours ago, Aaabatery said:

Where was this? No flaming here, just curious, I read reddit, read the oficial forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc. and never saw a discussion where people said SI was the go-to server. If I knew, I really wouldn't go IS as my main.

I saw it mentioned briefly on Reddit, was what the majority of people talked about in the Aion Classic discord (open a couple weeks before launch), and the general consensus leaned towards Siel due to the lingering stigma of the server name “Israphel”.

It’s been debated that NC should’ve chosen different names. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, because it's selfish to expect that >2000 people's efforts are not disparaged in order to appease 500 people. It's selfish to say "look for other solutions, don't nyerk things up for everyone with a band-aid fix that will work for 3 days before people quit because of it."

Everyone on Siel is just being selfish when they don't want their gameplay to go to hell to save 500 people who cared more about winning than having fun, and are now regretting that decision. It's almost like when you "have fun" at other people's expense, by stomping them into dust, the dust suddenly doesn't want to show up to the party anymore.

I'm not even saying "nyerk Israphel, let it die." I'm saying they made the selfish decision to care more about winning every fight than keeping the game alive, and now regret it because people won't just sit there and take it. To expect the entirety of a balanced server to suffer for their decisions is just the icing on the selfish cake. 

Merging servers temporarily solves one single issue: it makes grouping easier because there are more people overall. Even that will only last for a few days, because merges have always resulted in people quitting every single time in the game's history. Just because it's classic doesn't mean it will be any different. 

_____

Question, what happens two weeks after merge? When hundreds of people have quit because the merge was the last nail in the coffin for them. 

Finding groups goes back to being an issue again, only now instead it effects 100% of the playerbase instead of 20%. People are waiting in LFG for hours to get into a dungeon.

Balance is nyerked, there are 1000 Elyos to 700 Asmodians. Asmodians can't ever touch the Abyss (or vice versa.)

I know, we'll all go rifting! Oh wait... people are already complaining about rifting, and have made suggestions like "Don't let any level 50s rift." 

Hmm... that's everything. Might as well just quit too. 

1 hour ago, Ceooek-KT said:

What healthy server lol? Siel lost over 2k players since it started. And IS is NOT the lightweight server everyone hoped for. And if you read my posts, my uber point is merging would not impact attendance that much. Anyways I'm done with this topic lol. We have too many selfish players that think like NC rather than hearing the outcry of IS players wanting to transfer to siel. 

Siel is still healthy enough, it peaks at 26%... not that bad for NA with this awful model.

Current attendance of August and early September means nothing in the long term as well. The amount of total players seems balanced, who says that those non attentive players wont' start attending in a week or so shifting the attendance balance.

The selfishness comes from those in trouble asking for others to address their problems. Siel people are minding their own business and have no saying on what happens on Israphel, so if you were not selfish you wouldn't have a saying on what happens to Siel server.

You and everyone are welcome to play on Siel server though, if anyone thinks their time spent on their IS chars is more important than the IS server problems, then they made their decision. If IS's problems are that huge as you paint them nothing would keep you there, at least 2 months worth of playing.

12 minutes ago, Ceooek-KT said:

FWIW I am a siel asmo player. We seem to be talking in circles. You all seem to think that the server merge will dramatically impact siel balance whereas I'm saying it will not. Anyways I agree to disagree, moving on.

Yeah, and you're basing that on your feelings. History and precedent tell us merges have a very brief window after where things are "better," but very shortly afterwards the situation quickly deteriorates and it becomes worse than it was in the first place. 

It's foolish wishful thinking to expect that it would be any different this time. Why would it be?

So, basically, nyerk IS , let it die, all reroll SI if you want to play. Truth is sad in most of times.

I won't say I regret the past two months, I had fun and that's what counts. I just regret I PAID. NCW nyerked F2P with the last change so you can't loot green items, but I won't renew.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, Aaabatery said:

So, basically, nyerk IS , let it die, all reroll SI if you want to play. Truth is sad in most of times.

I won't say I regret the past two months, I had fun and that's what counts. I just regret I PAID. NCW nyerked F2P with the last change so you can't loot green items, but I won't renew.

It will cling to life as long as you guys keep entering and keep paying. Haven't you learned anything the last 12 years or are you new to NCWest?

18 minutes ago, Neferupito said:

Lol, in one year if the patches takes 4 monthes every time the game will be dead

So people didn't quit because of p2w and cash shop, or the free to bot model, and they will quit because the patches take longer?

I don't think so. 1.2 is boring because it has no content, once they make the 1.5 upgrade people will have things to spend their time with enough to stay long enough

Archived