PVP vs. PVE - bored

Larra

Loved the PVE when this game first came out.   A decade on and the PVP in classic is unchanged with grief players still about.  There are way better PVP games out now and way better PVE games.  This game had nostalgic feeling when I first made my character but it is fading fast.  All the old grief of PVP, gold farmers, AP farmers are still a thing a decade on.  Paying a subscription doesn't seem to be worth it if I have to pay even more to win or stand a chance at a fair fight.  I don't have the time to grind out AP for fancy gear. I have a feeling I won't be around too long in this game.  It was nice to visit, but the frustrations just to get a quest done or the pay to win formula gets tedious fast and becomes boring.  What are your thoughts?  How long have you played and do you see any future in this?

1 hour ago, Larra said:

Loved the PVE when this game first came out.   A decade on and the PVP in classic is unchanged with grief players still about.  There are way better PVP games out now and way better PVE games.  This game had nostalgic feeling when I first made my character but it is fading fast.  All the old grief of PVP, gold farmers, AP farmers are still a thing a decade on.  Paying a subscription doesn't seem to be worth it if I have to pay even more to win or stand a chance at a fair fight.  I don't have the time to grind out AP for fancy gear. I have a feeling I won't be around too long in this game.  It was nice to visit, but the frustrations just to get a quest done or the pay to win formula gets tedious fast and becomes boring.  What are your thoughts?  How long have you played and do you see any future in this?

You wouldn't be that bored if it was subscription only. At least not that fast. You are playing a social game where some people are free to bot, others are just subscribed and others can p2w.

The model made the massive player exodus from the first weeks.

They should really make some way to prevent griefing, whether it be a temporary "safe" time after being killed, or make it so that you can only attack players within 3 levels of you unless its during a siege. There are a lot of players out there who simply sit in stealth and wait for an unsuspecting person to come along doing quests, and then attack them for no reason other than to grief them- especially when they know they will only get a ridiculously low amount of AP for the kill. 

1 hour ago, Kumquat said:

They should really make some way to prevent griefing, whether it be a temporary "safe" time after being killed, or make it so that you can only attack players within 3 levels of you unless its during a siege. There are a lot of players out there who simply sit in stealth and wait for an unsuspecting person to come along doing quests, and then attack them for no reason other than to grief them- especially when they know they will only get a ridiculously low amount of AP for the kill. 

And then how would yuh brag about killing people that are pink to him?

1 hour ago, Kumquat said:

What you are asking here is the Fast Track Server. This was the only way you could enjoy leveling away from PvP. And after some time FTS wouldn't drop much things so bots wouldn't take it over.

TBH Aion classic 1.2 is a lackluster patch, this forces players to pretty much grieve each other at end game for AP. 

I think this will change with 1.5 dredge, DP, and kromedes trial, 1.7 fort instances, and 1.9 arenas and new pvp instance.

Koreans get to do chaos and discipline 3 times each a day. Plenty of things to do to keep active. 

Check out this stream and his other past broadcasts.

8 hours ago, Kumquat said:

There use to be a map called Sarpan had safe times where you could do you PvE quests each day, and safe zones.

Rifting  Levels could of been designed better second time round.

They put effort into a cash shop yet things that made the game miserable for a lot of players on release were still left unchanged.

Game is boring no instances till 25 then not another till 35 Quests that simply dont give enough Experience,terrible droprates on weapons .

Crafting that  give extendables again dont listen from 12 years ago.

Low AP gains same issues as 12 years ago.

Dredge only for 46 way to exclude huge chunks of players.

Overall terrible droprates on everything that people need to progress their characters be it weapons.armor or crafting.

A system that if you want AP farmed you need to not level to maximise your gains because some areas are simply camped same bad design.

Game has potential but like 12 years ago ncsoft refuse to modify the game slightly for the west,The game is not thriving world is empty even during XP event even bots arent around anymore.

1 hour ago, crithards said:

Rifting  Levels could of been designed better second time round.

They put effort into a cash shop yet things that made the game miserable for a lot of players on release were still left unchanged.

Game is boring no instances till 25 then not another till 35 Quests that simply dont give enough Experience,terrible droprates on weapons .

Crafting that  give extendables again dont listen from 12 years ago.

Low AP gains same issues as 12 years ago.

Dredge only for 46 way to exclude huge chunks of players.

Overall terrible droprates on everything that people need to progress their characters be it weapons.armor or crafting.

A system that if you want AP farmed you need to not level to maximise your gains because some areas are simply camped same bad design.

Game has potential but like 12 years ago ncsoft refuse to modify the game slightly for the west,The game is not thriving world is empty even during XP event even bots arent around anymore.

FT is L30+

Lower Abyss instances are L40 from memory, though I think 1.7 is when we get those.

Low AP gain is not a problem, AP gear is not meant to be easy to obtain.

Low droprates on quest items is a problem, other items people just run bot farms.

I expect to see 1.5 soon because the initial 90day subs are running out, so they need a reason for people to renew.

59 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

I expect to see 1.5 soon because the initial 90day subs are running out, so they need a reason for people to renew.

I agree.  I came on to finish a few Daeva Pass quests today, within 5 minutes was GANKED by someone waiting for me.  Doesn't make this fun for me, a paid subscriber.  I am really looking for a new game.  If the patch doesn't do something about griefin' I suspect I won't be renewing.

14 minutes ago, Larra said:

I agree.  I came on to finish a few Daeva Pass quests today, within 5 minutes was GANKED by someone waiting for me.  Doesn't make this fun for me, a paid subscriber.  I am really looking for a new game.  If the patch doesn't do something about griefin' I suspect I won't be renewing.

Yes, it's very difficult to do repeat quests without being ganked, usually when you have a mob on you and are at half health. Not my idea of fun either.

When PvP instancse become available I will say goodbye to world PvP, it's not a sport, it's  griefing.

Archived