Regarding 1.5 delayed release

Sloppytoppygluck

Hello, I am going to refer myself to @Kibbelz as he is the only one that answers to forums posts occasionally.

@Kibbelz

I am not sure if it's NOT clear enough, but the players need 1.5 release to keep playing this game, we already advanced enough to enjoy the next patch.
To remind you, this is what was stated when Aion Classic was announced: "Korea is currently servicing the updated 1.7 version. Likewise, West will begin with 1.0 then provide the 1.5 update / 1.7 update based on how quickly players progress through the content, among other factors.

PLEASE @Kibbelz, I would like to think that I speak for most players when I say that at least A RELEASE DATE would ease anger towards this delay.
It would be of great pleasure if you can relay this request to the dedicated department.

Thanks a lot!

I have been a supporter of this game for years. Through deployment, relationships, and life and general. I get that things happen and that delays happen but the lack of transparency is appalling. I loved being able to stream this game on release and actively shoo'ed away the nay sayers and overly negative viewers. I am running out of words of support. I can not provide any words of support as I have been given every reason to detest your game/practices in these past few months. Now It has not all been negative and it is that blind faith (that is waning) that has me holding out. As @Sloppytoppygluck mentioned give us something to hold on to. No one wants to sit in a dark room waiting to see if they will ever be released from this prison. I could quit but I would rather air on the side of positivity and reach out once more in a desperate attempt to reason. So please...hear the community and compromise.

15 minutes ago, Sgt Sneak said:

I have been a supporter of this game for years. Through deployment, relationships, and life and general. I get that things happen and that delays happen but the lack of transparency is appalling. I loved being able to stream this game on release and actively shoo'ed away the nay sayers and overly negative viewers. I am running out of words of support. I can not provide any words of support as I have been given every reason to detest your game/practices in these past few months. Now It has not all been negative and it is that blind faith (that is waning) that has me holding out. As @Sloppytoppygluck mentioned give us something to hold on to. No one wants to sit in a dark room waiting to see if they will ever be released from this prison. I could quit but I would rather air on the side of positivity and reach out once more in a desperate attempt to reason. So please...hear the community and compromise.

Well said. I echo this 100%

I mean it is actually painful to try to comprehend how it is a decision made to release a event which is honestly unwarranted in lieu of releasing 1.5. Like short of a small catastrophe just on the strength of the cries of the community and timeline for release of 1.5 should have  be heavily over hauled and any secondary tasks like these lack luster events could have been put on pause or scrapped all together. Essentially what was done was attempt to give a band aid to the steadily depreciating player base and worse over it was mishandled and didn't work. Now we get yet another band aid event that mind you might somehow get bugged out somehow instead of a patch that is integral to the longevity of the game. Please...I am having to find new friends to play weekly because people are literally dropping weekly. 

35 minutes ago, Sab said:

Approximately 75% of the player base says they are so ready for 1.5 they are bored, and 50% of them are “ready to quit” until 1.5. 

*shrug*

I see little evidence of this in LFG chat, the occasional remark that people are disappointed 1.5 didn't come out, most people are happily playing away, DC and TL runs being called for more than anything else. That is on IS, perhaps SL is more vocal, I haven't looked today.

Just because people grin and bear it does not mean that they are not frustrated. Why would I go to /3 and start a dialogue complaining. I am sure more private conversations in discord servers and the like are more representative of the common opinion of the player base. Also, take the time to look at dwindling friends lists and you get again a more accurate picture of player satisfaction. Last;y, those that are truly fed up don't talk they just leave so yes LFG wont so it as obviously they are no longer actually logging into the game.

2 hours ago, Zarbi said:

I see little evidence of this in LFG chat, the occasional remark that people are disappointed 1.5 didn't come out, most people are happily playing away, DC and TL runs being called for more than anything else. That is on IS, perhaps SL is more vocal, I haven't looked today.

LFG is a terrible source of information imo. Half the people who play don’t even have it up the majority of the time.

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/9678-player-poll-ready-for-15/

44 minutes ago, Sgt Sneak said:

Just because people grin and bear it does not mean that they are not frustrated. Why would I go to /3 and start a dialogue complaining. I am sure more private conversations in discord servers and the like are more representative of the common opinion of the player base. Also, take the time to look at dwindling friends lists and you get again a more accurate picture of player satisfaction. Last;y, those that are truly fed up don't talk they just leave so yes LFG wont so it as obviously they are no longer actually logging into the game.

You nailed it here. That’s why I turned to the forums for input. More than 70% of the interactions I’m seeing as a result of this lack of transparency seem pretty enraged or otherwise *done*. 

Some people who have quit do still frequent the forums in hopes of good news.

I am not trying to be a doomsayer because I believe that is not progressive. I want the game to succeed because I am quite emotionally invested in the game. I just feel we are approaching key potential turning points in the game if we push too far past these key turning points we may have a very hard  time recovering.

14 minutes ago, Sgt Sneak said:

I am not trying to be a doomsayer because I believe that is not progressive. I want the game to succeed because I am quite emotionally invested in the game. I just feel we are approaching key potential turning points in the game if we push too far past these key turning points we may have a very hard  time recovering.

I can only 100% truly speak for myself,  but I went from Doing 2-6 instances a day and PvP’ing in between, to 1-3 a day. To just maybe 1 if requested. To just gathering a tiny bit, maybe selling stuff on broker etc.

I love this game with a passion, and every day I seem to be less and less interested. I’m married with a kid and a full time job. I only play 2-4 hours a day when I’m lucky. If I have hit a plateau I can only imagine what it’s like for people with more time than myself.

I don’t have the time to grind guards all day like some so beyond the 3 PvP accessories I have I’m not complaining.

TLDR; full DC Armor, every single Adma accessory, two +10 Bakarma weapons, (and the bow; I’m a Sin). 449 Alch, 399 Essence etc. #outofstufftodo

37 minutes ago, Sab said:

I can only 100% truly speak for myself,  but I went from Doing 2-6 instances a day and PvP’ing in between, to 1-3 a day. To just maybe 1 if requested. To just gathering a tiny bit, maybe selling stuff on broker etc.

I love this game with a passion, and every day I seem to be less and less interested. I’m married with a kid and a full time job. I only play 2-4 hours a day when I’m lucky. If I have hit a plateau I can only imagine what it’s like for people with more time than myself.

I don’t have the time to grind guards all day like some so beyond the 3 PvP accessories I have I’m not complaining.

TLDR; full DC Armor, every single Adma accessory, two +10 Bakarma weapons, (and the bow; I’m a Sin). 449 Alch, 399 Essence etc. #outofstufftodo

You are not doing bad for yourself given your limited time...but yes it has become dry to say the least...given I play a lot but still.

Archived