Forums

For Everyone crying for 1.5

MintyR-DN

I know I'm gonna ruffle for feathers here but this is just my opinion!

Please stop crying for 1.5. Idk if anyone has thought of this but i'm pretty sure that the aion team isn't that big and is split between classic and regular aion. I'm gonna give them the benefit of doubt and say  that they are probably busy with the Anniversary things over there and is currently working on getting 1.5 right. Quite frankly, I would prefer for them to release 1.5 with as little bugs as possible instead of rushing it out.

Then again, this is just my opinion.

You must not be lvl 50, have every pve item you need, every pvp item you need, on a dead ass server (IS) and waiting perpetually on something new todo to help convince yourself not to play a different game.

That's the only rational way a human could think the thoughts your thinking. (Respect to your opinion though)

7 minutes ago, MintyR-DN said:

Please stop crying for 1.5. Idk if anyone has thought of this but i'm pretty sure that the aion team isn't that big and is split between classic and regular aion. I'm gonna give them the benefit of doubt and say  that they are probably busy with the Anniversary things over there and is currently working on getting 1.5 right. Quite frankly, I would prefer for them to release 1.5 with as little bugs as possible instead of rushing it out.

You realize that ''patch 1.5'' is 12 years old right? It's not like this is their first time doing this.

2 minutes ago, Cyrkle said:

You must not be lvl 50, have every pve item you need, every pvp item you need, on a dead ass server (IS) and waiting perpetually on something new todo to help convince yourself not to play a different game.

That's the only rational way a human could think the thoughts your thinking. (Respect to your opinion though)

Lol at anyone who thinks someone has every PvP item they need in Classic.

10 minutes ago, MintyR-DN said:

Your opinion is wrong .. And bugs? Yeah id agree if this was NEW content .. this is 12 year old content. They basically just have to press a few buttons and its implemented.

15 minutes ago, Equilibria-DN said:

Your opinion is wrong .. And bugs? Yeah id agree if this was NEW content .. this is 12 year old content. They basically just have to press a few buttons and its implemented.

First, pretty sure opinions can't be wrong or right ╮(︶︿︶)╭. Second, 1.5 is old but deava pass is not which is more of what I was referring to, should've made it more clear.

If they don't have the people to properly run the game perhaps they should hire someone, lack of a staff is not a valid excuse. They chose to take on classic and Retail, if they can't support it properly that should be their problem, not the customers. They sure as shit aren't giving us any discounts for the lack of progress or support with classic, so no I see no reason to give them excuses to continue to take no action with their game.

8 hours ago, MintyR-DN said:

Private servers are faster than NCSoft to deliver patch. Dark Poeta and dredg are the most looked after instances in Classic and are 12 years old. They have no reason to delay this other than milking the playerbase money.

First month, everyone gets to lvl 50 or close to it. Some hope 1.5 releases, but for most it's still too soon.

Second month, everyone gets to level 50, gets gear a lvl 50 could hope for. Everyone has Draupnir armor by now, if not better. They might be missing top or legs, but there's gold 45 for that. Everyone begins to feel the boredom and hope for DP/dredg to show up. It's been 2 weeks /3 waits for DP/dredg on IS-E.

It doesn't. Daeva pass ends during the 3rd month, most believe it'll be released at the same time Daeva Pass is renewed. To wait, they make alts/level up crafts and do daily "chores" of finding people in top/core for the quest. They go to TL or DC less and less and legion with people not on for more than 2 days becomes the norm.

Third month, still nothing. Less and less people online. Siege attendance goes from 200 in August to 90 now on Saturday.

And I'm pretty sure they'll release 1.5 just before the 4th month so that everyone renews their sub for one more month. Maybe two, if Tahabata isn't kind on droprate.

For people saying "It's just copy paste from what was 12 years ago".

If you just past what was the original 1.5, you'll get the same bug as there were at this time. So you need to take in account every bugs that have been fixed later. Also remember that classic own some 2.7 adjustment, so there's a need to adapt those into 1.5.

Also, you need to update the code. It was 12yo ago. Aion wasn't an optimized game (if you played during 4.X, remember Prades siege with 2fps), so it needs improvement, and classic is the perfect solution for it. Remember as well that code was running on 32bits OS, not on 64bits, and lots of language did evolved during this time. Crying on staff won't make them work faster, sending tickets will only make them loose time answering you rather than finding real issue.

It may be true about the 3rd month subscription to get money though, money they could invest to hire more staff :) 

21 minutes ago, Farorre said:

If you just past what was the original 1.5, you'll get the same bug as there were at this time. So you need to take in account every bugs that have been fixed later. Also remember that classic own some 2.7 adjustment, so there's a need to adapt those into 1.5.

Also, you need to update the code. It was 12yo ago. Aion wasn't an optimized game (if you played during 4.X, remember Prades siege with 2fps), so it needs improvement, and classic is the perfect solution for it. Remember as well that code was running on 32bits OS, not on 64bits, and lots of language did evolved during this time. Crying on staff won't make them work faster, sending tickets will only make them loose time answering you rather than finding real issue.

It may be true about the 3rd month subscription to get money though, money they could invest to hire more staff :) 

well said!

The problem wasn't patch doesn't come out fast enough but rather all boosting stuff that NCwest giving to premium users such as candies(converting to kinah), coins, exp ap boost, AP trading even selling loot right causing all of this.

What you suppose to play classic aion for ? When you can buy everything already and became a god ? Even we have 1.5 now it will be a repeating circle. Oh someone will have a wonderful idea and suggest then we removed enchantment limit to no limit and introduce omega stones from 4.x ,add stigma enchantment even transformation system. Well if you really thinking this seriously. Sorry to tell you but you're a completely idiot. That's how retail destroyed itself in the first place.

I guess greedy has rapidly deteriorating intelligence of NCsoft already and hardly anything could reverse this effect. If money is NCsoft philosophy then only death is the end result.

8 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

What you suppose to play classic aion for ? When you can buy everything already and became a god ? Even we have 1.5 now it will be a repeating circle. Oh someone will have a wonderful idea and suggest then we removed enchantment limit to no limit and introduce omega stones from 4.x ,add stigma enchantment even transformation system. Well if you really thinking this seriously. Sorry to tell you but you're a completely idiot. That's how retail destroyed itself in the first place.

That's an interesting story, but it's not the point here, but I'll still answer :

• First, Aion always have been a P2W. Remember people purchasing enchanting stone, enchanting safety, or (in europe at least) selling gold pack for kinah. Yet, that's not because you CAN purchase everything that you MUST do it. I was top 50 on Urtem (EU) during 4.0-7 without paying more than the initial cost for subscription. That's why they're doing a battle pass, to have some money to entertain the server.
  • Until the "high deava" system (4.8), there wasn't much issue with omega stone (If you ever tried to use some without being a casher, you couldn't reach more than +17, and very few +20 skill was usefull).
16 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I guess greedy has rapidly deteriorating intelligence of NCsoft already and hardly anything could reverse this effect. If money is NCsoft philosophy then only death is the end result.

• They tried some improvement, some new things. Some was pleasant (Stigma update was pretty fine as it helped lots of class to be more hybrid, no all failure on mana stone...), some bit surprising (Deleting katalam and siege ? Deleting the abyss ? One of aion feature is to fly, you couldn't fly at all during a time). You can't blame them for trying, even though some was really some shity idea.

But as I said, that's not the point about the 1.5 update. If you don't like a game because it's a P2W, either you try to win without paying, or you leave for another game, but don't complain about it.

I getting tried of if you don't like just leave don't complain or their games their rules philosophy. It's mean you acknowledged those as problems but you just simply don't care. This elite attitude is what ruining your classic aion because you telling everyone who criticism your beloved company shut up and leave. Don't you see what happening ? Everyone is doing what exactly what you told they leaving. Then I don't even know why you even crying about your game dying when you never listen to anyone who pointed out what's the problem.

But yeah if your ultimate goal is not saving the game but shut everyone who try to criticism the company then it's perfectly reasonable.

Just to make things clear, I'm not a staff member, just another player. So if some of aspect of the game are issues, I can't do anything.

What I'm telling you is, first that you aren't in the good post to complain about game policy, second that complaining about a policy isn't easily solvable. Boycotting a game is one of the best solution to change a policy. If no one play a game, staff will think about "hey, what goes wrong?". If everyone keep on playing, they might just say "Shut your nyerk up, keep on giving money." I'm not even proud of NCsoft or anything, as I'm from Europe, and Aion was under Gameforge rules.

And honestly speaking, I prefer to play with 50 peoples that enjoy the game, rather than have 200 peoples who complain on everything because it's not their taste. The game might die, then there will be an update to bring more people, and try to correct issues. Update work, people will stay, update fail, game will close. That's how it worked, works and will ever work.

To be honest nobody can verify your claim whatever you're a staff member or just a normal player.

I believed words are the most basic deceiving act I believed only action and result only matter.
It's like NC keep telling you all good stuff they investigating ,working ,sending information but no end result you can really see.

https://www.reuters.com/companies/036570.KS

If this doesn't tell what's wrong with NCsoft then nothing will perhaps only death can ?
Even you're just a player your response helps nothing but keep NCsoft wrong way being wrong.

And lastly why you redirected all bad things in the game to us who complained ? When we have no influence or even power to manage the game? When clearly the problem is from NC mismanagement. You really think if nobody complained and your game problems will magically solved ?

9 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I believed words are the most basic deceiving act I believed only action and result only matter.

I agree, that's why I'm telling you to boycott instead of complaining.

10 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

And lastly why you redirected all bad things in the game to us who complained ? When we have no influence or even power to manage the game? When clearly the problem is from NC mismanagement. You really think if nobody complained and your game problems will magically solved ?

I don't know how you did understand this. I just keep on saying that THIS POST isn't the place to complain about management. If you want to complain, do it where it's appropriate. And as I said, you have power : Stop paying / playing. If negotiation doesn't work, act will.

I wondering how you can even sure I'm paying and playing the game when I never even stated or confirmed I was/am doing so ?

I'm doing both boycott and criticism, a boycott without voicing out what's the problem are both powerless and useless.
If you're not a staff as you claimed ? Who and what giving you powers to decide I can or I can't complain or criticism the company in this thread ?
What authority you have here to enforce what people can post or can't ?

I suggest you stop protecting wrong actions as well. If NC wrong then they wrong and they deserved to be criticism.
If you have nothing meaningful to response I suggest you should just not reply anything at all.

2 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I getting tried of if you don't like just leave don't complain or their games their rules philosophy. It's mean you acknowledged those as problems but you just simply don't care. This elite attitude is what ruining your classic aion because you telling everyone who criticism your beloved company shut up and leave. Don't you see what happening ? Everyone is doing what exactly what you told they leaving. Then I don't even know why you even crying about your game dying when you never listen to anyone who pointed out what's the problem.

But yeah if your ultimate goal is not saving the game but shut everyone who try to criticism the company then it's perfectly reasonable.

A spade is a spade, and will always be a spade. Feedback isn't bad until it becomes a situation where people are sitting on a forum complaining for months or years at a time that "THE SPADE STILL HASN'T STOPPED BEING A SPADE." 

There are some things that a company will never change about their game no matter how vehemently you oppose it. For example, if you go into a gacha game's subreddit or forums and complain "THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S A GACHA GAME" you're basically screaming into the void because gacha is the industry standard for mobile games, and if they change their business model it will be something that will only happen years after the game's initial release, and after years of careful planning. 

The actual term is "actionable feedback." Which basically means "Does this feedback provide us information, or an opportunity that we did not already have." Saying "CANDY IS RUINING THE GAME REMOVE IT NOW" is not actionable feedback. For starters, it's an opinion and it's an opinion that NCSoft was aware some people would have when they made the decision to re-release the game with a subscription and a cash shop. It's also an opinion that tends to be exclusive to the more casual players who simply do not know how to make money in the game. 

Let see if rapidly losing players on their games and their stock continuing falling down would speed up their progress eh ?

There're 2 types of people who lying in this world.

-First one who tells everybody the false information but they never really believed in what they said they just fool other people and manipulated people to benefit their ways.
-Second one who tells lies to themselves often enough even events and things they claimed never happened or existed and they truly believed in their own lies this type is pathetic and twisted reality into their own world. They will keep cherrypicked truth that they like and discarded everything else.

Oh well anyway the problem isn't 1.5 come fast enough it's the management problem. Soon after 1.5 everyone will come here and complaining 1.9 can't come soon enough too.

9 hours ago, Farorre said:

Nobody needs to update the code for NA, Korea already had the new 1.5 in their classic so the only thing they would need is to implement it here.

Archived