Aion Tempest

Brewery-KT

Aion Legions of War is also a mobile game...Aion Tempest appears to be something completely different as Aion Legions has already been released outside of the US. Is this a second mobile title? It looks far superior to Aion Legions.

Im REALLY hoping this is something where you can create your own character... I'm sick to death of generic "Collect all the heroes but all the good ones are rng" Mobile games x.x 

ETA: Ahh, just saw...legions and tempest is the same thing. I pray to Azphel that this isn't A2 x.x

This actually shouldn't be too surprising. Aion isn't faring well in Korea, so NCSoft is sticking with the tried-and-true, and focusing considerable resources on Lineage Eternal. Lineage and Lineage II have always had higher profits than Aion in all regions. A considerable amount of NCSoft's earnings in the previous quarters came from mobile games, so they are pivoting in that direction.

It actually looks quite nice as a trailer but considering it's just another mobile game, it's meh again... Was looking forward to see some changes again in Aion (gameplay, graphics etc), but not even sure if A2 will ever be a thing or not, there's just too little info about it. There's still a lot of things which NCSoft wanted to do like let our characters be able to swim for example, because of this, I'm sharing this Vision Trailer by NCSoft from a while back: 

I think are just cicles. 

Lineage came first and was a great and famous game. But just like every game NCSoft creates, was left behind some years later. Lineage died as the other games. But now they are remaking games related with that world. So maybe we will see something related to Aion in the future. IMO it is better to keep the games alive and try to improve the games with the patches like other companies do. But I guess that creating a new fresh game gives them the option to start with new technology and create a modern game easier than just trying to make an old game to evolve and having to fight with an old structure and the incompatibilities they find in every upgrade and thinking about how to recicle the old content. 

Archived