Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - November 8, 2017

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Pumpkin King's Haunt event will end. Be sure to turn in your Stolen Pumpkins to Esta.
  3. Lucky Dice will end. Roll any remaining dice before it's too late!
  4. Kumuki's Cave Returns will begin. Full details can be found here.
  5. Harvest Revel will end and will return next year.
  6. Double EXP will be activated for one week.
  7. Housing auctions will begin after the maintenance.
  8. An issue causing some players to crash during sieges will be fixed.
  9. Character Name Change and Legion Name Change Tickets will be available after the maintenance.
  10. Sturdy Kenovikan and Heavy Tetran will be changed to improve looting reliability.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week
Qysu3eW1r64jEyrRtKDxSZTG6Y2nOSTgslvp4ftr jm2dqa719yvz.jpg uzfvQ2X.jpg

• Cyan pinned this topic
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blind pilot is great. Great Halloween costume, lol.

Bummer that pumpkin couldn't be extended for a week, but kind of excited to see the repeating (probably nerfed but I just want somewhere else to get XP) kumuki. And a week of double XP. xD

Also stocked up on popcorn for the housing drama. Please deliver, my dear Aion players.

I'm confused.  I was hoping to see Omegas available somewhere in this event.  There is an almost zero chance of getting an Omega from the Luna Daily instance now.  It used to be somewhere between a 1/4 and 1/10 chance to get an Omega when you S-ranked.  Now it is on the order to 1/100.  How are people supposed to enchant their gear now?  The event that just ended provided maybe two out of 35 pumpkins, which was nice but I need quite a few more.

Why the drastic reduction in Omegas?

1 minute ago, Prinz-KT said:

I'm confused.  I was hoping to see Omegas available somewhere in this event.  There is an almost zero chance of getting an Omega from the Luna Daily instance now.  It used to be somewhere between a 1/4 and 1/10 chance to get an Omega when you S-ranked.  Now it is on the order to 1/100.  How are people supposed to enchant their gear now?  The event that just ended provided maybe two out of 35 pumpkins, which was nice but I need quite a few more.

Because you can purchase omegas on the bcm now

• Aion Team

The event "Kumuki's Cave Returns" is not intended to be a replacement for any running events, nor is it a replacement for Kumuki's Daring Rescue. It's just a rotation for those that wish to run it for the extra EXP or items it offers. You will see normal events come and go as normal along side Kumuki's Cave Returns.

4 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Pumpkin King's Haunt event will end. Be sure to turn in your Stolen Pumpkins to Esta.
  3. Lucky Dice will end. Roll any remaining dice before it's too late!
  4. Kumuki's Cave Returns will begin. Full details can be found here.
  5. Harvest Revel will end and will return next year.
  6. Double EXP will be activated for one week.
  7. Housing auctions will begin after the maintenance.
  8. An issue causing some players to crash during sieges will be fixed.
  9. Character Name Change and Legion Name Change Tickets will be available after the maintenance.
  10. Sturdy Kenovikan and Heavy Tetran will be changed to improve looting reliability.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week
Qysu3eW1r64jEyrRtKDxSZTG6Y2nOSTgslvp4ftr jm2dqa719yvz.jpg uzfvQ2X.jpg

What the bloody heck mate. How can you re-enable housing when there are still problems with people being compensated for housing. I still check on forums and LFG you know and from what I heard the issue has not fixed.

Initially there were 5 servers with 1000 homes each per faction so that's 10000 homes. With server merge that shortens to 4000 homes, and yet you have the same relative amount of players as before. Obviously this is gonna create tension and many people will miss out and only the richest will afford homes.

There are many players who have been screwed over because support chose to punish EVERYONE who purchased a home after the server merge announcement on old forums because they thought EVERYONE WERE EXPLOITERS. 

We now have former home owners out of pocket who had homes but lost them because of the server merge and now are unable to get their old homes back because not only do they not have the compensation, but the prices are higher than before due to a disparity between supply and demand.

I didn't go out of my way to check housing for suspicious activity between buyers and sellers and report them here with screenshots and details about transaction only for innocent players to pay for the mistakes very few did. You need to fix this or you will pay dearly for this. How is it right that I get 9.6bill and 700 guestpetals through my mail while someone who bought a home a few months later after the announcement period, gets shafted for doing what I did especially when the prices remained somewhat the same. The way NCsoft support has dealt with this is, if you bought a home before the date you are not an exploiter, while everyone did is automatically an exploiter and plea to fix this is shot down.

Cyan and Hime you need make a sticky thread about this, and how players can go and resolve these issues because the kind of ignorance to the issue is turning away loyal players to the game and just feeds into the problems that started a server merge.

YOU NEED TO SUSPEND HOUSING UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS FIXED, OTHERWISE I WILL MAKE YOU PAY!

Additionally some actual acknowledgement and compensation for DDOS attacks needs to be done. People have lost runs and missed out opportunities especially with the pumpkin king event.

I'm usually a calm person and have the communities' best intentions at heart but as of recent I'm incredibly angry about this and will not stand to the fact that innocents are being punished the same as the exploiters I reported.

Oh I just remembered, you let those who cheated in fallen poeta go off lightly instead of doing severe bans while people who spent real money to level on things like luna defense progressed less and got shafted. Is this how you treat the community, cheaters get to keep their level and accounts while good players pay more (well just pay) to get less XP.

2 hours ago, Prinz-KT said:

Its a 30% chance to get omega enchantment stone (tested recently from opening 86 S rank bags) which is the same as it was at the start of 5.6. Instead of blatantly lying how about you actually test this out and not cause trouble.

1 hour ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

There are many players who have been screwed over because support chose to punish EVERYONE who purchased a home after the server merge announcement on old forums because they thought EVERYONE WERE EXPLOITERS. 

That statement is false. I purchased a house about a month before merge for 12 mil (to get access to the village shop guestblooms, if you wonder why I bothered) and I got back what I paid plus some maintenance fee.

So no, not EVERYONE

Just now, Zkaza-KT said:

That statement is false. I purchased a house about a month before merge for 12 mil (to get access to the village shop guestblooms, if you wonder why I bothered) and I got back what I paid plus some maintenance fee.

So no, not EVERYONE

My goodness how thick in the head can you get of course you get the base price back. I'm talking about people who were improperly compensated, they paid a lot for their homes but only received the base price for their home. E.g people forked out billions on an estate buy only got back 335mill.

You are not affected.

3 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

My goodness how thick in the head can you get of course you get the base price back. I'm talking about people who were improperly compensated, they paid a lot for their homes but only received the base price for their home. E.g people forked out billions on an estate buy only got back 335mill.

You are not affected.

If you're not talking about EVERYONE, you should not talk about EVERYONE. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Zkaza-KT said:

If you're not talking about EVERYONE, you should not talk about EVERYONE. ;) 

Look pretty much everyone pays above the base price for the homes, even for a house if you payed 12.5mill for it NCsoft support will only pay out 12mill instead of 12.5 mill and call you an exploiter and will shut you down if you try and ask the rest of the 0.5mill. Barely anyone purchase homes for the base price, they'll pretty much always pay more than the base price.

Maybe I should have been more specific, but when I say everyone, I'm talking about everyone who did not get proper compensation for homes purchased after the server merge announcement. You shouldn't be nitpicking what I say.

On 2 november Cyan you wrote "A special rotating Kumuki's Daring Rescue will be starting November 8. Full schedule and details will come next week."

Now is just kumuki cave..

Is good anyway cause of experience, ap and medals but a choice of drops would be even nicer.

Nevermind anyway but at least change the post you made on 2 november.

Have a nice day

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

The event "Kumuki's Cave Returns" is not intended to be a replacement for any running events, nor is it a replacement for Kumuki's Daring Rescue. It's just a rotation for those that wish to run it for the extra EXP or items it offers. You will see normal events come and go as normal along side Kumuki's Cave Returns.

But.... there are not other running events. We will have only kumuki´s  :(

And about the omegas. Well. I sitll do my lunas. Now we can not get an S in every run just being AFK. But in those that I got S I did not see differences about the drop of them. I got 1 omega for every 3 or 4 rank S. I can undertand that maybe they seem to be hard to get. But in the past was the same or maybe even harder. To obtain a L110 or better was really hard. We loved the alchemist event for the manastones and enchantments it used to give.

Archived