Female characters' Armor and Outfits

Tisa

Why isn't there any cool, protective armor available for female characters?  The armor sets all make our characters look like either strippers or naughty school girls.  Calling it "armor" is laughable, as it obviously protects nothing and gives the undie shots every time you fly.  Is this game made by 15 year old boys?   I like cute outfits, too, but it is insulting that there are no serious looking armor sets for female characters. There are so many female players and you are sending them a horrible message. Please join this century and update your armor selections to include options that actually look like armor, like the mens'. 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:28 PM, Tisa said:

Why isn't there any cool, protective armor available for female characters?  The armor sets all make our characters look like either strippers or naughty school girls.  Calling it "armor" is laughable, as it obviously protects nothing and gives the undie shots every time you fly.  Is this game made by 15 year old boys?   I like cute outfits, too, but it is insulting that there are no serious looking armor sets for female characters. There are so many female players and you are sending them a horrible message. Please join this century and update your armor selections to include options that actually look like armor, like the mens'. 

There are 4 types of armor:

• Robe (lowest physical defense, moderate evasion, highest MR)
    • All classes
  • Leather (low-mid physical defense, highest evasion, moderate MR)
    • Ranger / Assassin / Chanter / Cleric / Gladiator / Templar
  • Chain (mid-high physical defense, mid-low evasion, moderate MR)
    • Chanter / Cleric / Gladiator / Templar
  • Plate (highest physical defense, lowest evasion, lowest MR)
    • Gladiator / Templar

What class are you playing?

On 10/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, Pyromage-DN said:

I don’t get this post.

have you seen literally every other armour apart from the shop skins?

aion is incredibly tame, if it isn’t a skin they’re almost all fully covered armours. Even the cloth, with the exception of a couple of asmodian armours.

If you don't get it then you are obviously blind.  Female characters in chain or leather look like Victorias secret rejects. You don't get how a woman would get tired of the Asian fantasy clothing that is obviously directed at men? 

57 minutes ago, Oscoti said:

If you don't get it then you are obviously blind.  Female characters in chain or leather look like Victorias secret rejects. You don't get how a woman would get tired of the Asian fantasy clothing that is obviously directed at men? 

lol.png

yeah I'm soooo blind. such victoria secret, much asian fantasy 🙄

23 hours ago, Pyromage-DN said:

lol.png

yeah I'm soooo blind. such victoria secret, much asian fantasy 🙄

Is that chain or mail? Oh look you found an outlier. Stop pretending to be stupid and just look at the npc's for examples of what was being addressed. 

Naughty schoolgirls? Victoria's secret rejects?...

https://imgur.com/a/y0YDQsX

I admit we see a bit more "skin" on the leather armors but chain, really? These are 2 of the endgame sets btw.

"Please join this century" I didn't know this century's policies for women were to wear  clothes covering all the skin and mini-skirts were forbidden ! Sounds like pure freedom.

4 hours ago, Oscoti said:

Is that chain or mail? Oh look you found an outlier. Stop pretending to be stupid and just look at the npc's for examples of what was being addressed. 

That’s chain, plate AND leather right there.. also look at above’s examples too, hell, look at any armor that is not a shop skin, and you’re almost full covered female OR male. These are far from an exception.

OP is clearly referring to the shop skins everyone’s running around in, which are  by player choice and can easily be dismissed and not used.

To be fair a lot of the skins that are less ridiculously unprotective (exposed thighs or part of chest) for women came after 3.0.  (Sarpan).

Kahrun coin plate was fully covering the body with decently covering helmets, same for the crucible gear.

Alright, so they still had high heels, but at least the armoring made more sense.

Example: cruci gear

e18813e353681af214e284578a3fe9a5.jpg

On the flip side, there are slutty gears for male characters as of 2.* as well (such as balic skins from Esso) and the 'gladiator' style skins from Udas where dudes were running around with fully exposed chests.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, Pyromage-DN said:

I don’t get this post.

have you seen literally every other armour apart from the shop skins?

aion is incredibly tame, if it isn’t a skin they’re almost all fully covered armours. Even the cloth, with the exception of a couple of asmodian armours.

Do you play Elyos or Asmo?  I can't speak for the Elyos side, but I play an Asmo cleric and SM.  The armors are all thigh high stockings, mini skirts, high heels and  super low cut tops. Any time I fly, I get panty shots of my character.  And who the hell runs and fights in high heels?  Lol  Seriously, I don't mind that those are appearance options  for my toons, I just wish there were a few more serious or practical-looking options that gave the impression of a fighting magic-user, not some girl going out to the clubs.  

On 10/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, Seppura said:

tisa and oscoti complaining abt skins in a 12 year old game. skins that were made 10+ years ago... as if ncsoft is gonna go in and adjust them or something. must be OP's first time playing this game x)

Actually,  I did just start playing  when Anion Classic was released.  I never had the chance to play the original version.  NC puts new skins in its shop regularly, so there is no reason they couldn't add some cool-looking , more realistic armor.  I have been a gamer for many years.  I know not to expect too much from certain companies, but if no complaints or suggestions are made, nothing ever gets better. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Avator-KT said:

To be fair a lot of the skins that are less ridiculously unprotective (exposed thighs or part of chest) for women came after 3.0.  (Sarpan).

Kahrun coin plate was fully covering the body with decently covering helmets, same for the crucible gear.

Alright, so they still had high heels, but at least the armoring made more sense.

Example: cruci gear

e18813e353681af214e284578a3fe9a5.jpg

On the flip side, there are slutty gears for male characters as of 2.* as well (such as balic skins from Esso) and the 'gladiator' style skins from Udas where dudes were running around with fully exposed chests.

Yeah, I like the glad and temp armors. They are more realistic. 

On 10/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, Tisa said:

^this

I actually don't mind skimpy gear like the Udas set.. but this school girl stuff is ugly, especially those big bows. 

Archived