Mouse movement causing massive FPS drops now

Seren-Dust

I was going to try to come back to the game after a month of hiatus, when i realized that now i am having that good old issue that you can easily find on google (quick search examples https://forum.aion.gameforge.com/forum/thread/7958-mouse-flickering-drop-of-fps/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/aion/comments/kib6yo/huge_fps_drop_when_moving_the_mouse/  etc )
, like the title says everytime i move my cursor in game, it creates a MASSIVE drop in my frames per second, and it only gets worse the longer i play - to which it seems the only solution is to rollback to drivers from a year ago on my graphics card (Nvidia), which i also am not very willing to do because i want to be able to play other more recent games that require up-to-date drivers (as one should). 

Seeing this issue is not brand new and many others have experienced it before even Aion Classic came to be, is there going to finally be a proper solution or will i just never be able to play this again? 

I have been having the same issues since 1.5 update. I re-downloaded my video card and the game without a fix. 

The only solution I have found is restarting my computer and then the game is fine for about 15-30 minutes. Once the lag starts hitting I just don't move curser on the screen and play via keybinds as best I can and that works.

14 hours ago, Darob said:

I have been having the same issues since 1.5 update. I re-downloaded my video card and the game without a fix. 

The only solution I have found is restarting my computer and then the game is fine for about 15-30 minutes. Once the lag starts hitting I just don't move curser on the screen and play via keybinds as best I can and that works.

If you are experiecing this with  Nvidia, you can always rollback your graphic card drivers to the version they state in the links i posted above, which are 1 year old drivers or whatever.
I personally am not willing because i need up to date drivers for other games. 

I had the same problem when I had installed the Nvidia control panel and GeForce Experience. I uninstalled both and my mouse never stutters nor do I get extreme low fps.

Needless to say I have an RTX3000 series so my GPU is meant to lpay everything at max even at 4K.

The sad thing is that GeForce experience could have been an amazing tool for capturing video directly from the card but with everything they add to it they make it junk.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:54 AM, 1sFC524 said:

I wasn't in the game for a month. And now I got the same problem. As I see it, there is no normal solution?

Not that i know of, as far as it seems it's either rollback the drivers to who-knows-how-old drivers, or apparently uninstalling the whole Nvidia interface?! o.o i don't even know man... 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:26 AM, Seren-Dust said:

Not that i know of, as far as it seems it's either rollback the drivers to who-knows-how-old drivers, or apparently uninstalling the whole Nvidia interface?! o.o i don't even know man... 

If the drivers are to be blamed then roll them back, but when I saw the issue with my RTX3070 the drivers were OK, when I uninstalled NVidia Control panel it stopped stuttering, I also had to uninstall GeForce experience because the program was kidna forcing the shadow play or whatever else it tried to shove down my throat so I had to uninstall it too, and that is sad because GeForce experience allowed me to capture my game play without any impact on my pc and make crystal clear videos at minimal size.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, Arhangelos said:

If the drivers are to be blamed then roll them back, but when I saw the issue with my RTX3070 the drivers were OK, when I uninstalled NVidia Control panel it stopped stuttering, I also had to uninstall GeForce experience because the program was kidna forcing the shadow play or whatever else it tried to shove down my throat so I had to uninstall it too, and that is sad because GeForce experience allowed me to capture my game play without any impact on my pc and make crystal clear videos at minimal size.

Which is exactly why i am NOT uninstalling the geforce Experience just for this game. 

12 hours ago, Seren-Dust said:

Which is exactly why i am NOT uninstalling the geforce Experience just for this game. 

Maybe there is a collision between the tweaks GeForce Experience tries to do and the old engine of Aion, so Aion is partially to be blamed. But Nvidia Control Panel was made from hell, that thing not only was useless but it did the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

I wish they made a stand alone capturing program for the NVidia cards but without the rest of the bling they try to put into their programs that nobody uses.

21 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Maybe there is a collision between the tweaks GeForce Experience tries to do and the old engine of Aion, so Aion is partially to be blamed. But Nvidia Control Panel was made from hell, that thing not only was useless but it did the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

I wish they made a stand alone capturing program for the NVidia cards but without the rest of the bling they try to put into their programs that nobody uses.

Well, i had no issue before this patch, and i also have no issue in this other server i tried that is 5.0 🤷‍♀️ and i also have never had an issue of compatibility with any other game, new or older, so idk man...
I'm also guessing that contacting Nvidia will be probably pointless, as they will try to find any possibility to pin the issue on me/my hardware or whatever, they will spend weeks asking me to do all sorts of tests and troubleshoots to "make sure its not on me" and disregard that many others are experiencing the same  lol
With that said, i'm also guessing this thread will mean nothing and do nothing productive either, so it's a loss-loss situation for me lol 

On 10/21/2021 at 6:43 PM, Arhangelos said:

I had the same problem when I had installed the Nvidia control panel and GeForce Experience. I uninstalled both and my mouse never stutters nor do I get extreme low fps.

Needless to say I have an RTX3000 series so my GPU is meant to lpay everything at max even at 4K.

The sad thing is that GeForce experience could have been an amazing tool for capturing video directly from the card but with everything they add to it they make it junk.

LOL I had the same issue and this fixed it DAYUMN!

• 4 months later...

Archived