Jump to content
Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - October 20, 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion will begin tomorrow at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect the servers to resume operation approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes later.

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas!

Our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion will begin tomorrow at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect the servers to resume operation approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes later.

Thank you!

Forest of Life permenant when? Botting is encouraged and rewarded, we need the Forest as a permenant feature to afford these KR EXP mark prices (without botting or quitting our jobs). Please make the game playable again, it's a no-brainer.

Also no Harvest events yet? Cutting it a bit close o-O

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Aion Team

@Aria We'll have news this coming week about our upcoming Harvest Revel event. As we mentioned in another thread - we've shared the feedback w/ the team about this event as well as the Hanbok Pixel one :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

@Aria We'll have news this coming week about our upcoming Harvest Revel event. As we mentioned in another thread - we've shared the feedback w/ the team about this event as well as the Hanbok Pixel one :)

Thanks @Kibbelz. Any word on the Forest making its return as a permenant Shattered Abyssal Splinter-style function? They serve the same purpose of providing a resource pool which exists in KR but not in our NA localised version. Forest was the perfect way to fix our EXP defecit without forcing event-based progression; which makes recommending the game to friends much harder and it is far more difficult for new players to catch up. It is not abusable nor does it disrupt the gameplay or any kind of economic balance. It's a necessity to participate unless NCW will lower EXP mark vendor prices moving forward.

It was introduced to us as a new zone, not an event, so we weren't even expecting it to be timed in the first place and honestly the feedback at the time across the board from everyone I spoke to was overwhelmingly positive. The disappointment to see it removed cannot be understated, and I hope there are internal talks about reinstating it soon

 

Edited by AriaTheMelodious-DN
(didnt mean to quote my own post >_<)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd still like to see the Forest back in our hands, like Aria said.

And if the point hasn't already been hammered in.. That's the only area we can reliably go to for autohunting since Timeless Terrace was not meant to be autohunted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Echoing the sentiment from this and last week's maintenance thread- NA players have no legitimate and reliable way to earn the experience marks needed for this patch. We didn't really have consistent means in previous patches either, but EXP marks have overwhelmingly replaced all other in-game currencies besides kinah and Luna, and at least those two can be grinded or farmed or P2W'd. For the love of god please just add the Illuma and Norsvold auto-hunt regions back in the game permanently like Abyssal Splinter. Other players have made better arguments for this than I can, but it really was the perfect solution to NA's lack of experience marks and the NCWest team deleted it with no warning. We were all happy to revisit these old maps, there was plenty of room for everyone to farm, there was a soft cap with hourglasses, and you could set your own schedule and pace (compared to Garden of Growth, in which you were locked into that farm for an hour).

From what I can gather, a large number of players are just botting on alt accounts to farm experience marks and feeding the cheated rewards to their main to make progress- and after all this time I can't even blame them. I value honest gameplay more than just about anything but  you as the NCWest team have made Aion so broken that is is nearly unplayable (similar to what you've done in the past) by keeping Korea's cost of resources without any of their means of acquiring them. This is so much worse than tempering solutions and omega stones though, even worse than 6.2's absolute drought of enchantment stones; we need experience marks to advance in every single aspect of the game and you just will not provide the means for us to farm EXP. 

Do you guys understand just how depressingly un-fun it is? To get home from work, log in, do quests, not make any progress from the RNG boxes, and realize we won't make any progress until next week because no one can afford to buy wrapping scrolls? I can't even be upset about missing the NPC spawn or the scrolls being sold out because I can't afford the damn things anyway. At some point you can't afford gear to disenchant for refining dust or manastone fasteners either. And hey, thanks for increasing the cap to Silona and Pradeth sieges, but it's pretty nyerking dire when people in LFG are worried about spending 4 experience marks for the title each week. :/ 

Anyways, it's late but I'm still hoping the Harvest Revel event is pretty juicy, give us all something to look forward to. Y'all are cutting it kind of close though. Is there even an IRL pumpkin carving event this year? Good lord this is depressing, I'm going back to the Sims. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Also, this wrap npc bullsh1t is so bad, try to bring some events that give wraps.

Totally agree and support. It's buggy too. I know people that were kinda next to the NPC, got to the NPC in seconds and when they tried to buy it they got the message they've used 60 marks... But when looking the inventory F, nothing there. So... BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess we aren't getting any halloween/pumpkin event? @Kibbelz the halloween event is something I know alot op players been looking forward to so if it isn't coming could you conform it? 

5 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Also, this wrap npc bullsh1t is so bad, try to bring some events that give wraps.

And this is also something important to address, just a few min ago I was waiting for the marketeer it spawned barely 100m away from me and due to server lag it was sold oud before I could get there. 

I understand it shouldn't be to easy to obtain, but it does have to be possible and right now for alot of players it isn't. And the wrap system is also widening the unbalance between the factions. 

@KibbelzI understand u can't change things, but would be great if u could move it up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, @Kibbelzthere 100% needs to be a permanent way for Asmos to earn passive skill books and the illusion armor dropped from Ardath. By the time Asmos are allowed to progress, the game will be 100% empty. All these other requests for changes allowing Elyos players to further dominate the map are pointless.

Edited by Pharoahra-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Also, this wrap npc bullsh1t is so bad, try to bring some events that give wraps.

Imagine, they listen to you and make an event where a shugo spawns in inggison at 4am EU time and sells 10 wraps first-come first-served.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Do you guys understand just how depressingly un-fun it is? To get home from work, log in, do quests, not make any progress from the RNG boxes, and realize we won't make any progress until next week because no one can afford to buy wrapping scrolls? I can't even be upset about missing the NPC spawn or the scrolls being sold out because I can't afford the damn things anyway.

This.. Can you guys please pay attention to this?? @Kibbelz@HimeWe cannot stress enough to say this is so sad and disappointing to go over Apsarantha and spend so many hours farming just to get the reward and never comes the right armor piece. And repeat the process all over when the quests refresh, and be sad again because you get the piece of armor you need on an alt and you can't even put them on your account warehouse....

 

Also, where are the events? Minion events, exp, transformations? Anything at all? :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

 

Melon event style? I hope not lol. They can't be that stupid... RIGHT?????????????????

 

After all these years, I still believe they are not stupid. However, I feel they like "first-come-first-serve" things. For example. why not make wrap npcs spawn at random location, random spawn - ok, but why not simply make a weekly limit per account like with legendary enchantment tickets for example ? They can make npc stay there for let's say 3 min real time so people who don't get there in time cannot buy but at least so that the ones who made it there can get their wraps ?

As for myself, I can say that mystic cloth still haven't dropped even for my alts, so even with wraps I still have nothing to transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2021 at 7:53 PM, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Thanks @Kibbelz. Any word on the Forest making its return as a permenant Shattered Abyssal Splinter-style function? They serve the same purpose of providing a resource pool which exists in KR but not in our NA localised version. Forest was the perfect way to fix our EXP defecit without forcing event-based progression; which makes recommending the game to friends much harder and it is far more difficult for new players to catch up. It is not abusable nor does it disrupt the gameplay or any kind of economic balance. It's a necessity to participate unless NCW will lower EXP mark vendor prices moving forward.

It was introduced to us as a new zone, not an event, so we weren't even expecting it to be timed in the first place and honestly the feedback at the time across the board from everyone I spoke to was overwhelmingly positive. The disappointment to see it removed cannot be understated, and I hope there are internal talks about reinstating it soon

 

I usually don't post, but I'll have to agree here. Please bring Forest back. It would help some players who have limited play time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...