Dredge times

Viti

On 10/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, Viti said:

Will these times ever be changed? For EST people these times are 2pm 10pm and 2am we be lucky to even make one of those. 

I was actually coming here to post this. How is it Australia has better times than east coast NA? For any working adult, these times are untenable. First one isn't even close to a lunch hour and the 10pm one is too late. We won't even talk about 2am. Ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, Oneiros said:

How is it Australia has better times than east coast NA?

Its not better for Australians. Dredge times are 5am, 1pm and 5pm for us. There needs to be an additional evening dredge time to cater for the oceanic timezone (its not gonna happen anytime soon as I understand the game caters to the NA audience).

The big issue is Korea has a SINGLE time zone and thus such times were vetted for dredgion instance over there for their customer base. But the single option for server time (Mountain) along with how will the server handle day lights savings time changes (Korea doesn't have that either to my knowledge) makes the direct transfer of times not appropriate for Aion Classic.

The solution is extremely simple, yet requires effort from NCsoft/west to listen to their customers and understanding that a lot of customers work now and are limited in their game time. We know they can change entry times  on the server as they did this on fortress timers which were changed a few months ago. Options such as giving us all 3 entries in a day without a cooldown would be awesome, but may not be feasible and still doesn't fix the time issues of the East Coast customers (come on....dredge at 2-4 PM, 10-12PM, and 2-4 AM are hilarious in excluding individuals with school or regular working hour jobs).

Server time of the dredgion instance should be something like 2-4 PM entry time, 6-8 PM entry time, and then 10-12 PM entry time.

Then if we look at the extreme for the west cost they get dredgion instance entries at 1-3 PM, 5-7 PM, and then 9-11 PM. 

The other extreme for the East Coast gets dredgion instance entries at 4-6 PM, 8-10 PM, and then 12- 2 AM. 

13 hours ago, Voodoodoctor-DN said:

Its not better for Australians. Dredge times are 5am, 1pm and 5pm for us. There needs to be an additional evening dredge time to cater for the oceanic timezone (its not gonna happen anytime soon as I understand the game caters to the NA audience).

that actually IS better than east coast NA. I would love your dredg times.

5am (before work), 1pm (lunch break), 5pm (after work --- I can dredg while my food is heating or something)

ours?.. 2pm (middle of afternoon, I'm in meetings), 10pm (kinda late but ok), 2am (hell no)

Right now as a north american I can only make 1 dredg a day when my Aussi guild mates are doing 3.

36 minutes ago, Avator-KT said:

that actually IS better than east coast NA. I would love your dredg times.

5am (before work), 1pm (lunch break), 5pm (after work --- I can dredg while my food is heating or something)

ours?.. 2pm (middle of afternoon, I'm in meetings), 10pm (kinda late but ok), 2am (hell no)

Right now as a north american I can only make 1 dredg a day when my Aussi guild mates are doing 3.

I think something you said really is a problem for NCsoft/west for retaining customers. You said "kinda late but ok". For now you are willing to sacrifice that time to jump into a dredge and then likely go to sleep or get ready for sleep. That is a sacrifice many will only do for so long before the burden makes the dredge instance not fun. Then when your legion mates get 3 dredges a day they will get geared faster, further making the game less fun due to reduced ability to stay competitive.

Archived