Jump to content
Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - October 27, 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

This week, our maintenance for Aion Classic will begin at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect the servers to resume operation approximately 2 hours 15 minutes later.

After maintenance, we will begin the new Halloween event for Aion Classic. Visit our new blog post which includes details about the event so that you can be prepared!

Thank you, and enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

what's sad is i've spent more time on the forums than i have in game, that just shows you they don't have much interest as they're out of touch with their playerbase but i'm sure they'd know that if they spent grinding 200 balaur mobs and not getting a single boiling balaur blood stain, best way to know your audience is to get to know them and what better way than playing alongside each other to see the struggles that many of us players are facing

Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, just wow, i looked over that event and you're telling me i gotta gather candy canes and cookies in which i feed it to this pet in which it will only expel one revel pumpkin every 2 hours and i need 30 of them to turn into a npc for a chance at those garbage items, instead of fixing the problems this is what we get 60 hours of gathering

 

i'd fire all of you for being so incompetent at your job and as others have stated no wonder the feedback is terrible, if i were you i'd be embarrassed to shell this kind of news out and continue working,  you've just secured the loss of respect of many players, yeah i may "complain" but in reality i'm just pointing out the flaws that your company doesn't give a nyerk about

 

at this point the players should be getting paid from ncsoft as we're the ones having to deal with your crappy events which dont even work half the time, with you not fixing the problems in which we've given solutions, you guys literally dont have to do anything but just look, honestly take a look at all this glorious feedback that we give you and act upon it

 

if you guys delete this post it just shows that you as a company aren't able to handle criticism and better yourselves thus showing you were incompetent to even bring out aion classic in the first place, it would have been better to not release it that way people could hold onto their nostalgic memories but now it's just been tainted with this garbage release, either shape up or just shut your servers down cause no one wants to continue playing on a server where ap traders/cheaters run rampant without repercussions for their actions, maybe you do but i dont

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of feel bad for the ncwest team because people are really nasty to them and are at the mercy of the Korean devs who obviously don't care about NA but surely ncwest could be more transparent on the changes they are/want to plan

Edited by Magistrate
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Aion Team
4 hours ago, 1s26A418 said:

Any additional changes happening such as dux/stallari HP reduction or boiling blood drop rate increase?

The team talked about the latter on Monday, and while we can't commit to anything at the moment it's definitely on our radar. Hopefully I can get an update on this and have something more to share soon. I'll check on the first - I know general siege HP values are under the microscope though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

The team talked about the latter on Monday, and while we can't commit to anything at the moment it's definitely on our radar. Hopefully I can get an update on this and have something more to share soon. I'll check on the first - I know general siege HP values are under the microscope though.

@KibbelzWhat about the droprate for boiling balaur bloodstains? Can we expect an increase soon?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything is under a microscope meaning they are watching it because they have no idea how to change the values. The game is continually updated for a large player base this company is obviously just passing the updates on with no consideration for server population or participation which makes things undoable, which further decreases the number of players instead of dropping the values down until payers comeback or start participating more and then bring them back up accordingly you know like a scaling mob (the more people in the area the more Hit Points),  that would require them to actually be in game to monitor and evaluate the numbers, which again these people probably have no control over anything about the game aside from server maintenance .  Hence all replies being the generic "we are watching the numbers" when they are not, however they are aware and have no plans to do any changes because they are either not authorized or unqualified.  

I started Playing Aion at its North American Launch it was Beautiful and smooth I Played through level 60 cap and quit because life. I have recently returned 8 years later to an absolutely gutted game. almost all of the internal workings are gone ie crafting, several leveling maps, and I mean all but 3, character customization, and can we talk about how bad the graphics are now I mean they went in on them and lowered the resolution so much it looks like a blur of polygons that is literally covered in some sort of fog weather effect to I guess mask the fact that they stripped the graphics down and every thing else they could I guess to downsize the game files? maybe they don't have the resources to run a larger game so when new content is added they remove huge chunks of the game to make way? I don't know. I remember how clear and bright it used to be particle effects as far as the eye could see now they have extremely low res textures.

Remember when you could search other players on the main site and find them and about 6 months in to release it stopped updating the character loadouts ?

We all asked why back then and they were looking into it, as you can see they were not in fact it seems any problem with the game is just removed. I recommend instead of adding the new content you receive from Korea you instead delay it long enough for you to see if its going to work and in that time have changes made to the current patch that make sense for this market not Korea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the sad part is and NCsoft know this is when Aion was released in the west in 2009 they had to change it for the west market as they know they are not the same. yet they release Aion classic with no such attention why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

This week, our maintenance for Aion Classic will begin at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect the servers to resume operation approximately 2 hours 15 minutes later.

After maintenance, we will begin the new Halloween event for Aion Classic. Visit our new blog post which includes details about the event so that you can be prepared!

Thank you, and enjoy!

.... You made an open world grind event to gain the candies to farm for the pets.... You do realize the botters will dominate this event and if those candies are tradeable/sellable/brokerable you just made the RMT issue 1000x worse right? 

Also, other then the [Event] Jack O' Lantern, the rest of the rewards are pretty crappy. Should of just stuck the [Event] Jack O' Lantern in the Kuna store.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering why everybody is complaining about the "Siel's Aura" System. When the game was launched in EU (don't know how it was in NA), it wasn't F2P, we had to pay 15€ per month (what is about 12-13 $). If this is the price for a huge game like Aion i'm absolutely willing to pay it. 

 

@Kibbelz I don't get it, why can't you guys be more transparent and start a REAL discussion about the server maintenance and the updates you put on the servers? I don't think its too difficult to just put 1 hour per day into a good(!) communication with your customers. For example: Make a new Subject in your Forum and name it something like "Maintenance Discussion", then filter the good critics from the pure hate and answer 5-10 questions. Another way would be an ingame-survey, they often did it on EU servers and sent a little gift like a small crown with it, so the users see, that their time for they survey has a kind of value to you. 

As you still do nothing to get a good atmosphere in your forums (short answers without meaning) and only silence from your side, many people can't see another way than start insulting you to get ANY response. That's an alarming sign you just can't let unmentioned and unseen... 

I really hope you find a way to make the game more playable than the last months and accept the fact, that until now you guys really f*cked it up. I love the game Aion and i appreciate the work you're doing, but please take more care of the opinions your customers have and share with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bondeji said:

I'm wondering why everybody is complaining about the "Siel's Aura" System. When the game was launched in EU (don't know how it was in NA), it wasn't F2P, we had to pay 15€ per month (what is about 12-13 $). If this is the price for a huge game like Aion i'm absolutely willing to pay it. 

 

@Kibbelz I don't get it, why can't you guys be more transparent and start a REAL discussion about the server maintenance and the updates you put on the servers? I don't think its too difficult to just put 1 hour per day into a good(!) communication with your customers. For example: Make a new Subject in your Forum and name it something like "Maintenance Discussion", then filter the good critics from the pure hate and answer 5-10 questions. Another way would be an ingame-survey, they often did it on EU servers and sent a little gift like a small crown with it, so the users see, that their time for they survey has a kind of value to you. 

As you still do nothing to get a good atmosphere in your forums (short answers without meaning) and only silence from your side, many people can't see another way than start insulting you to get ANY response. That's an alarming sign you just can't let unmentioned and unseen... 

I really hope you find a way to make the game more playable than the last months and accept the fact, that until now you guys really f*cked it up. I love the game Aion and i appreciate the work you're doing, but please take more care of the opinions your customers have and share with you. 

Mostly because, don't lock quest item drops behind it. It was a subscription when it was released which I gladly paid every month until it went  F2P, which even that model we didn't have limited loot if it changed after that it was after I had long quit the game. If I'm coming back to check it out again and I'm not sure I want to pay. forcing me to pay it at level 7 to finish a campaign quest its kind of BS.  Paying is not a problem it's how they go about it. Either do or don't but don't waste my time having me re download this relic only to realize its been made less fun and Isn't at all F2P.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how ncsoft legit lowers droprates in theo, anuhart armor isnt able to be ded so now we have rising enchantment stone prices, very little world drops to even de into any stones coupled with new gear that needs enchantment and manastones with few farming areas. 

Then the piece of resistance is NCSoft legit turns forts into a lottery where its a do u get dredged or not type of deal and if u do good luck. Then the only thing they can say is they are monitoring it. Like theres nothing to monitor if u cant kill the dredge commanders its broken fairly simple. I have no idea wat there is to monitor in this situation with declining population and one of the largest reasons to even play the game is essentially bricked its just frustrating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

The team talked about the latter on Monday, and while we can't commit to anything at the moment it's definitely on our radar. Hopefully I can get an update on this and have something more to share soon. I'll check on the first - I know general siege HP values are under the microscope though.

@Kibbelz

@Loki

PLEASE do not overcorrect on the bloods. Miragents/Fenris should still remain a significant achievement and overall difficult set to obtain. The only ask is to make drop rates mirror that of the original Aion 1.x patch from 2009/2010, which, by the way, is not that much different from current drop rates (it took me 600 hours to farm 400 bloods in 2010).

Please do not put bloods in the Daeva Pass, or a Heart Heart of Magic in the Daeva Pass. We do not need handouts like that. It would ruin any sense of achievement or progression, and spoil the efforts of those who already went through a lot of difficulty to get the proc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19s19C5EB said:

@Kibbelz

@Loki

PLEASE do not overcorrect on the bloods. Miragents/Fenris should still remain a significant achievement and overall difficult set to obtain. The only ask is to make drop rates mirror that of the original Aion 1.x patch from 2009/2010, which, by the way, is not that much different from current drop rates (it took me 600 hours to farm 400 bloods in 2010).

Please do not put bloods in the Daeva Pass, or a Heart Heart of Magic in the Daeva Pass. We do not need handouts like that. It would ruin any sense of achievement or progression, and spoil the efforts of those who already went through a lot of difficulty to get the proc.

 

Someone obviously got their proc and wants to try and keep it away from others.

In a game where RNG determines most everything, the sense of achievement that you speak of is not equivalent across the board for everyone.  In 2009/2010 the drop rate was very different as I had to farm 1100 bloods (1000 for my husband’s 9 fails and only 100 for mine since I proced the first time).  So using your math with old drop rates .. 1100 bloods would be at least 1400 hours .. or 2hrs a day for 2 years.

 2 yrs for a pair of pants .. No thank you.

That isn’t an achievement that is a stupid waste of time and not a fun way to play a game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ethyrea-DN:
I partly agree. Randomness spoils feelings of achievement. I used to start out within a small legion on retail (about 14 members) of which ten left due to either failing the heart or that required handcraft profession bow multiple times. While I do not like to take away others feeling of achievement, I believe that three tries should be enough to get the pants at the current state of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Ethyrea-DN:
I partly agree. Randomness spoils feelings of achievement. I used to start out within a small legion on retail (about 14 members) of which ten left due to either failing the heart or that required handcraft profession bow multiple times. While I do not like to take away others feeling of achievement, I believe that three tries should be enough to get the pants at the current state of the game.

Yes.   Knowing that your work WILL pay off (after the 3 tries at most) at least provides some light at the end of that tunnel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...