Pumpkin King's Haunt Temporarily Disabled

Arctic

Just now, Suyi-DN said:

Xforms can be removed/reverted for this, but when SW and Pixels happened..you could not? Nor can users use a restore token on combined xforms

So, what I gather from this is. NCwest is quick to fix something when it effects potential cash, but not when it's free stuff.  (SW event and pixel events)

lol, flipflop decisions

They are still compensating us over SW remember ?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 hours ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

@Kibbelz If you spent time on TM, then DN now KT, and knew this person over the years, you'd recognize that the language in this post is jarring.  This is a person that has always had an optimist view on things, enjoyed the game, is helpful with strangers.  If you don't know her, it just sounds like a standard forum gripe by a user - and in a relatively calm tone.  But with context, it's more like a nun dropping F-bombs [in my opinion, from knowing @Haniya-DN going back several years].  This should be a benchmark for how frustrated your player base is with the company, because this is not your typical complainer. 

Thank you for your kind words 🥰 But between the playerbase and the NC team, Aion has utterly crushed my gentle spirit over the years. Good work team 10/10

30 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Also, in accordance with the feedback we've seen around Titan Coins, we will be replacing them within the rewards with Experience Marks.

🤦‍♀️

Okay I feel like someone needs to explain to you guys that we're harping on the Titan Coins not just because they're a dumb and terrible reward, but because they are indicative of a larger issue. The Aion team is being lazy and careless with us. The items are not relevant to current content or game progression, the news post is full of errors, and the rewards are not event-worthy. What's the fastest, easiest way to point this out? The fact that one of the most famously rewarding and fun events (right up there with Daeva Dash and Frozen Magic) considers a near useless currency from several patches prior an event prize. 

42 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

In addition, please note that we have updated our article to remove a section which stated additional bonus rewards would be issued for certain quantities of "contracts used". This section was mistakenly included and we regret the error.

Truly incredible. You know what, I'm glad there's even less reason for people to buy your stupid BCM contracts now. I hope you have to issue refunds or get chargebacks due to false advertising. 

@Kibbelzyou forgot to include in hotfix to delete Apostles obtained by abusing support system during Stormwing Egg event. 

I trust that you will implement this too, because it's only fair. You've proven, after all, that you CAN, in fact, delete transformations from people's accounts; and you've also proven that you are just basically lazy in not wanting to do it until now, and lying about it claiming that "it's impossible due to game mechanics"

Seems like it's possible after all, eh?

Waiting to see this implemented. Thank you. 

21 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Saludos Daevas,

Somos conscientes de un problema que afecta a las recompensas del evento Pumpkin King's Haunt y lo desactivaremos temporalmente mientras investigamos. Gracias por su paciencia y comprensión, le proporcionaremos una actualización una vez que tengamos más para compartir sobre el problema.

Gracias.

Actualización:

pronto implementaremos una revisión que está destinada a resolver el problema que hizo que desactiváramos temporalmente el evento. Esperamos que esta revisión se implemente aproximadamente a las 12 p.m.PT. Durante este tiempo, los jugadores no podrán iniciar sesión en ninguno de los juegos, sin embargo, cualquier jugador de Aion Classic que esté actualmente en línea podrá continuar jugando.

Además, tenga en cuenta que hemos actualizado nuestro artículo para eliminar una sección que indicaba que se emitirían bonificaciones adicionales por determinadas cantidades de "contratos utilizados". Esta sección se incluyó por error y lamentamos el error.

Además, de acuerdo con los comentarios que hemos visto sobre Titan Coins, los reemplazaremos dentro de las recompensas con marcas de experiencia.

Por último, debido a un problema con el artículo incorrecto incluido en el paquete Gourmet Candy Galaxy, todas las transformaciones obtenidas mediante el "Recuadro de selección de contrato de transformación de Harvest Revel (4 tipos)" se eliminarán de todos los jugadores. Los jugadores recibirán una compensación adecuada.

Gracias por su paciencia y comprensión.

Hello and I suppose they will refund my Ncoin for buying a contract in the real money store, right? Why do you think that the transformations that by mistake of the administrators never asked for the parchment with a key, did we win it spontaneously? never! It was hours and hours of pumpkin farming. It is not the fault of any player that YOU did not review the alleged failure. Since the parchment item of the transformation never asked for a key to open! And now as if nothing would take them away ???

2 minutes ago, Rahvan-KT said:

@Kibbelzyou forgot to include in hotfix to delete Apostles obtained by abusing support system during Stormwing Egg event. 

I trust that you will implement this too, because it's only fair. You've proven, after all, that you CAN, in fact, delete transformations from people's accounts; and you've also proven that you are just basically lazy in not wanting to do it until now, and lying about it claiming that "it's impossible due to game mechanics"

Seems like it's possible after all, eh?

Waiting to see this implemented. Thank you. 

This is a very valid point. The lack of consistency is really riling up the players and giving us bad feelings towards the staff, which is unfortunate.

200.gif

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

To those asking about Pixel Transformations, I confirmed with the team that our current intention is to return them with the Hanbok Pixel event as we had last year.

Ah the deflection card, and to those asking questions actually related to the matter at hand?

It was ncsoft's fault in the Stormwing event and it's still ncsoft's fault in this one, but now is it possible to remove the transformations? but didn't do that at the Stormwing event?

It was ncsoft who allowed this to happen.

3 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

To those asking about Pixel Transformations, I confirmed with the team that our current intention is to return them with the Hanbok Pixel event as we had last year.

Why are you guys not addressing all of our other issues??????????? Like come on..

3 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Oh and btw when you update  your event details consider being a bit transparent and own the mistakes by at least updating the date of the post and an update note ??

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

returning them as in removing them? Better late then never I suppose, maybe try doing that with the SW egg as well? asking to much? Then again your team did nyerk up royally with the Halloween event that you literally copied and pasted from last year with an extended 2 hours to maintenance as well, whats the deal with that? Like 2 hours extended maintenance and you couldn't find this bug until the player base got a whiff of it? GG id say.

2 minutes ago, Ide said:

returning them as in removing them? Better late then never I suppose, maybe try doing that with the SW egg as well? asking to much? Then again your team did nyerk up royally with the Halloween event that you literally copied and pasted from last year with an extended 2 hours to maintenance as well, whats the deal with that? Like 2 hours extended maintenance and you couldn't find this bug until the player base got a whiff of it? GG id say.

Sometimes I wonder how they keep their jobs really.

21 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

We are aware of an issue affecting the Pumpkin King's Haunt event rewards and will be temporarily disabling the event while we investigate. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we will provide an update once we have more to share on the issue.

Thank you.

Update:

We will soon be deploying a hotfix which is intended to resolve the issue which caused us to temporarily disable the event. We expect this hotfix to deploy at approximately 12pm PT. During this time, players will not be able to login to either game, however any Aion Classic players currently online will be able to continue playing.

In addition, please note that we have updated our article to remove a section which stated additional bonus rewards would be issued for certain quantities of "contracts used". This section was mistakenly included and we regret the error.

Also, in accordance with the feedback we've seen around Titan Coins, we will be replacing them within the rewards with Experience Marks.

Finally, due to an issue with the wrong item being included in the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle, all transformations obtained by using the "Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types)" will be removed from all players. Players will be appropriately compensated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

GG I used my 800 contracts saved :( dang NCSOFT mistake we suffer .. We made mistake we also suffer .. what a cruel joke 

4 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

"Returning" as in the contracts will be made available again when the event "returns". At least that is how I read it.

That may be the proper way of viewing it, but I was still on the idea that if they were removing the Halloween transform then they would be removing the ones from the previous event. Since they blatantly said that they can remove transforms as to a year ago they said they couldn't

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone, we'd like to share an update.

We will soon be deploying a hotfix which is intended to resolve the issue which caused us to temporarily disable the event. We expect this hotfix to deploy at approximately 12pm PT. During this time, players will not be able to login to either game, however any Aion Classic players currently online will be able to continue playing.

Finally, due to an issue with the wrong item being included in the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle, all transformations obtained by using the "Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types)" will be removed from all players. Players will be appropriately compensated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

absolutely ridiculous, players have spent real money to consume the 500 contracts,  a EVENT that YOU posted and now all the sudden have "mistakenly released by accident"  me being one of the many players who purchased contracts to meet the goal of 500,  now....bam....gone.....there needs to be a resolution for the players who qualified before you decided to remove that part of the event,  like come on really?????  

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

After further consideration and after reading the feedback from the community, we have decided to move forward with including the originally shared bonus rewards for those who use certain milestones of transformation contracts during the event period. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

After further consideration and after reading the feedback from the community, we have decided to move forward with including the originally shared bonus rewards for those who use certain milestones of transformation contracts during the event period. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Too late, I already uninstalled.

1 hour ago, Chamu-KT said:

Just leave the event as it was and let people get their halloween collections done. For once is the only good thing that has ever happened in aion this year.

This would have been the only possible professional decision.  If you look logically at the cost/benefit of rollbacks, it's an easy choice.

Most people that would pay money for keys would have bought them last year.  Anyone that's new to the franchise within the last year might or might not buy keys.  But I'd say that when they see the LFG gripes about the company confirmed by NCSoft's actions, it will be less-likely they'll spend money, now and in the future.   

I didn't even know about the pixel contracts, and players being told that it wasn't possible to roll back xforms.  It's one thing to make bad decisions when dealing with customer, but openly lying to them is next-level bad.

This brand hit doesn't stop with Aion.  I wouldn't play another NCSoft title, free or not.  I'm not willing to get emotionally invested in another game where I can be certain that it will be exactly like this.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The long term cost and the hit to the brand is far worse than short term money lost for chest keys.

Archived