Israphel is dying - are there any ways to save it?

Kojdaddy

10 hours ago, Meatloaf said:

I just came back for the group pvp. Dredge + Fort sieges.  Abyss pvp but also the PVP on leveling maps made it exciting! 

...yes and everyone has a reason to come back for. If you like those things then Aion is for you. Most people tried it and realized it wasn't for them.

8 hours ago, 66sB2F50 said:

👏it is exactly like that.
  everything that was once beautiful about me in Aion can be found here in this sentence👍

I corrected your sentence because that is what Aion beautiful for you. Apparently this is what made Aion bad for many others and this is why Aion died.

I know many people who quit Aion because of the open world pvp was too much for them when they tried to enjoy the game doing the basic stuff. You can't just throw someone into the pvp scheme while they just started and wear nothing when there is a player that plays for months and has made sure they are perma geared and low lvl so they can gang you.

Aion is not a game where you can play it the way you want, it is not solo friendly, it is not pve-oriented friendly and it is mostly directed at pvp.

It is pretty monolithic because people who enjoy an average playing and do not enjoy pvp won't like it and this is why it died eventually.

In WoW you can do both open world pvp and arenas but open world is predominantly pve and there is a ton of it, the crafting system never became obsolete and there are pve-only servers, if you want to enjoy pvp you do the pvp content you do not just roam the "enemy" map to gang players. The game was never designed into this type of aggressive pvp, they didn't even have fortresses and sieges in the early patches 9not sure if they have them now tho, haven't played for quite some time)

This is why wow is still successful and Aion isn't.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I corrected your sentence because that is what Aion beautiful for you.

You don't need to correct my sentence because my posts are always based on my point of view!

Better to correct people who think Aion Classic is just retail only in the past.

Therefor came so lot bad desicions in the past 

Like so many others, they really thought they could buy anything with real money (like in retail store) but no, they don't. You can't buy a skill here, help buy the candies and then sell them to the NPC (it helps a little at the beginning) and then you're OP.
The Deava pass is also just a help in my eyes for those who don't have time, for example 24/7, so many people here to keep up with their buddies at the weekend, of course you can overdo it as so many have done and now they are huffing around ?
I have no pity Sorry ...

That was from the beginning purely a misjudgment of these players and now they jumped off (oh what a shame, NOT)!

That's why there have been so many bad decisions in the past on retail.....

Yes, many thought they had peace in the game and pure pve maps....omg 

2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Aion is not a game where you can play it the way you want, it is not solo friendly, it is not pve-oriented friendly and it is mostly directed at pvp.

Yes, whoever decided for the classic in the last few months and is gone now should have asked an experienced player what Aion Classic means before jumping into it.

No, you can't get into a game and then, if you don't like it, demand that this and that be changed, this is how online games not work and neither do others!

2 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

You don't need to correct my sentence because my posts are always based on my point of view!

Better to correct people who think Aion Classic is just retail only in the past.

Therefor came so lot bad desicions in the past 

Like so many others, they really thought they could buy anything with real money (like in retail) but no, that's not the case you can't buy  skill here you can't buy already enchanted armor or weapons, no it doesn't help to buy the candies and then sell them to the NPC and then you are OP.

That was from the beginning purely a misjudgment of these players and now they jumped off (oh what a shame, NOT)!

That's why there have been so many bad decisions in the past on retail.....

Yes, many thought they had peace in the game and pure pve maps....omg 

Yes, whoever decided for the classic in the last few months and is gone now should have asked an experienced player what Aion Classic means before jumping into it.

No, you can't get into a game and then, if you don't like it, demand that this and that be changed, this is how online games not work and neither do others!

So Aion is a good game by your standards, a dead game by general standards. We aren't getting anywhere in this conversation.

For your Aion to succeed, you need it to be alive because a pvp oriented game that has no people has no pvp. The reason it is dead is because of the pvp oriented goal and the way the pvp is being addressed via item acquisition and P2W tactics.

Classic is on Death's speed dial.

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

For your Aion to succeed, you need it to be alive because a pvp oriented game that has no people has no pvp. The reason it is dead is because of the pvp oriented goal and the way the pvp is being addressed via item acquisition and P2W tactics.

Oh and your Aion classic (without pvp) is alive and then called what? Aura Kingdom?

I agree with @Arhangelos on most of his points. Also I believe that a PvE only server would have a higher population and a PvE oriented version of Aion even more. There are a bunch of people constantly shouting about great PvP and how great ganking is, yet just shouting out loud does not make it correct. Furthermore, people have very different defintions of PvP.

I would not want to play on such a server which the current Aion but I certainly believe in its potential.

@66sB2F50:
You do not make yourself look smarter by making silly posts.

35 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

yes exactly I start a first person shooter and then I hope it changes to picking flowers yes yes ...

@Stormwingno

I show you your statements in a mirror as I understand them and you just complain ...

You do not have to be offensive, when people start Aion they start it as an MMORPG, WoW is an MMORPG too and it is different, people will not go around asking people "is Aion good" because that will give them a false image, if they asked you, you would have said that "Aion is amazing" because apparently you like the goal it has.

People will have to start a game and see what it is with their own eyes, when someone tried to play the game and gets ganged 10 times after getting out of town, that is where they stop the game. It is not new player friendly, it is not pve-content friendly and the ganging pretty much takes away every player that isn't going to dedicate themselves into playing a game only for killing others.

Also pvp-only games cannot call themselves MMORPG, because RPG has the term Role Playing and that includes a ton of things that do not nevessarily involve other player in pvp mode only. Going to plant your neighbours plants in housing was RPG for example.

44 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

Oh and your Aion classic (without pvp) is alive and then called what? Aura Kingdom?

...WoW is, I mentioned it and it still has a ton of servers. Apparently through the awful graphics and their warcraft universe they managed to keep it alive.

I am not here to fight you, aion right now in the west is pretty much dead, for many reasons including the aim the game ended up having and of course the management and the p2w tactics..

10 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

People will have to start a game and see what it is with their own eyes, when someone tried to play the game and gets ganged 10 times after getting out of town, that is where they stop the game. It is not new player friendly, it is not pve-content friendly and the ganging pretty much takes away every player that isn't going to dedicate themselves into playing a game only for killing others.

Yes, the goal is not immediately visible in my eyes (yes that is great) and I like challenges.

I would recommend it to everyone and tell you what the game really is like.

Housed with all the ups and downs of the classic.

If you want to achieve something, you can do so without having to put real money into your hand to buy the Battle Pass (you just have to invest more time than others and preferably with a Siels aura).
One has money, the other time.
That's how I see it.

But here in the forum, where it should be praised, it doesn't happen.

Lots of people complain and this is not a pretty sight for someone looking to start Aion Classic. How should I support that and make Aion Classic attractive so that more players can get into the classic? it is a contradiction!

People complain about dwindling numbers, but always looking for the error elsewhere.

many want everything to be as simplified as it is in retail or other p2w games, which it isn't.
I'm starting to feel that a lot of retail whales want the dead from Aion Classic because it's an antagonist in their own game.

24 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

You do not have to be offensive

sorry i'm not offensive yet.
but before I get there I'll stop posting here !

I promise to you😇

@66sB2F50:
I was neither complaining nor were you offending me.

Aion has been advertised as PvPvE MMORPG. If your first person shooter was advertised with a feature to pick flowers, yes I would expect it to have one. I believe that twinks killed the game for newcomers on retail, especially the versions before 2.0 and everyone that claims that it was fun and/or how the game was meant to be played is delusional. No level 20 likes to get ganked by six full geared +15 twinks the moment one steps out of a safezone shouting "noob". Rifting and PvP in lower maps was fine and exciting, but the magnitude it ended up with was a pure push away for everyone trying out the game.

People keep saying "if you dont like it, quit" yet they do not seem to realise that this is exactly what thousands have already done and more are doing. You can merge all the servers you want, at the end of the day you will have one server and no other left to merge with if you can not attract new players. Even now with the likely happening merge people might come back, the population might increase for a while however as soon as one faction takes control people are going to leave again.

38 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

No level 20 likes to get ganked by six full geared +15 twinks the moment one steps out of a safezone shouting "noob". Rifting and PvP in lower maps was fine and exciting, but the magnitude it ended up with was a pure push away for everyone trying out the game.

Back then, I was one of those who was ganked.

but I realized that I can keep walking past them and defending myself.

I never lost sight of the finish line that I wanted to reach back then.

But what I noticed at the moment is that many people want to quickly reach the level or an armor / weapon, but do not want to do anything about it.
# call it the current thinking and feeling (mentality) of an age. Anyway that's the real problem (in my opinion)
Imagine everything you and others want will be implemented by NC Soft ...
I am sure it will be complained about in detail in the forum.

(again, although NC West has accepted and implemented what the players want)

38 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

People keep saying "if you dont like it, quit" yet they do not seem to realise that this is exactly what thousands have already done and more are doing. You can merge all the servers you want, at the end of the day you will have one server and no other left to merge with if you can not attract new players.

If you don't get encouraged new players, I agree with you.
But you don't encourage them with lies, but with clear statements about how to deal with when and what to do in order to survive in the classic.

Any kind of effort in Aion Classic will be (in my eyes)
rewarded and that's exactly what sets Aion classic apart from other games.

Whether it is about enchantments and  manastones or crafting,within a certain time , you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Of course you can be unlucky and get turned upside down umpteen times in one day/week, but there are always days when it is you who deal these blows!

8 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@66sB2F50:
I primarily want bug fixes, anti-cheat and better communication. If I did not like the core concept of Aion I would not be here.

I also hope for the best, but don't expect much.
Didn't mean to persuade you with these sentences.
I just enumerate what in general see for me.
In hope that I can still see how aion classic takes a different and hopefully better path after the real patch 2.7 than the retail sector back then.

19 hours ago, 66sB2F50 said:

In hope that I can still see how aion classic takes a different and hopefully better path after the real patch 2.7 than the retail sector back then.

The do have to take a different approach after the end of 2.7 otherwise they didn't catch the reason there was a need for Aion classic. The whole classic thing will become obsolete if it will end up like retail with just a different phase.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

The do have to take a different approach after the end of 2.7 otherwise they didn't catch the reason there was a need for Aion classic. The whole classic thing will become obsolete if it will end up like retail with just a different phase.

I agree with you 100% and can only hope to still be able to experience this here.
Because there are just too many who cry around because they don't like this and that in the current (or upcoming) patch.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:47 AM, Stormwing said:

I agree with @Arhangelos on most of his points. Also I believe that a PvE only server would have a higher population and a PvE oriented version of Aion even more. There are a bunch of people constantly shouting about great PvP and how great ganking is, yet just shouting out loud does not make it correct. Furthermore, people have very different defintions of PvP.

I would not want to play on such a server which the current Aion but I certainly believe in its potential.

@66sB2F50:
You do not make yourself look smarter by making silly posts.

Honestly, it sounds like you and Arch should just play Final Fantasy, and that maybe you didn't understand what this game is when you made accounts. Not trying to be rude.

1 hour ago, Adla said:

Honestly, it sounds like you and Arch should just play Final Fantasy, and that maybe you didn't understand what this game is when you made accounts. Not trying to be rude.

I have no problem with pvp, during 6.5 I never missed a single pvp instance, we usually won. I was always pretty active in sieges and reached the highest ranks.

I wouldn't play in a pve-only Aion with this pve content it has. But I am sure a pve server would have been more alive even at this current version. Because pvp is injected with p2w, there are cheaters and imbalanced classes.

We know very well what game we are playing. I have never played Final Fantasy myself as I loath most games that look way too anime in style. I didn't even enjoy the movie to be honest because it automatically took for granted you are invested in the FF universe and you know most of the things which I don't. It looked like a CGI movie that made not much sense and all the chars were unrelatable.

10 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I wouldn't play in a pve-only Aion with this pve content it has. But I am sure a pve server would have been more alive even at this current version. Because pvp is injected with p2w, there are cheaters and imbalanced classes.

Sorry but that's a contradiction for me.
So you wouldn't play on a only pve classic server , but others would?
That is not consistent and you have to admit it!
In addition, cheaters have always been on the go (since the beginning of almost 14 years ago).

I'm not going to say anything about the rest.
I've already been fooled to such discussions.

That ends, never good, for both sides.
Maybe here are too many & too young players who do not have a lot of life experience.

19 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

That is not consistent and you have to give it yourself!
In addition, cheaters have always been on the go (since the beginning of almost 14 years ago).

Maybe here are too many & too young players who do not have a lot of life experience.

Now you are being monolithic again. Understanding what people want is not contradiction.
This is why you cannot understand why Aion died, because you think only the way you like Aion and you call it "good".

~~
Plenty of people asked for Classic, I never did but when the time came for it I knew it would be more alive than retail because retail went full head to the wall at the time they announced classic.
And I was right:

• Classic exists
  • It is more alive than retail
  • I am not playing Classic at all because I never asked for it because I do not like the very early game mechanics (I log here and there but I won't play it actively)

(yet I know, understand and acknowledge why Classic is more alive than retail)

~~

NOW to our point:
Many people have spoken against forced pvp and people have been asking for pve only servers long before anyone asked for a classic, if you are not an old Aion player or if you left at some point you might have missed that but there were posts every day about it. There are no more posts like this today because those people who asked for this eventually quit.

Therefore:
If Aion had a pve only server it would have been pretty alive but I wouldn't play on it. At least not with the current Aion's pve content, both in retail and in classic.

~~

There is no contradiction:
I wouldn't spend a single day playing Classic, but it exists, it is more alive and I acknowledge this.

If you also acknowledged what people dislike about Aion you wouldn't try to convince us here that Aion's forced pvp model is the best thing. Because if it was, Aion would have never end up so badly.

18 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

That is not consistent and you have to admit it!

You never understand because you do not listen to what PEOPLE want. There are people who love p2w but most people don't. If there was a no p2w server it would have been more alive but there would be p2w people who wouldn't play it because they want a cash shop. But understanding that a non p2w server would have been more alive is a general knowledge even p2w people would know this even those who wouldn't play on it would know that.

Many people like brutal offensive pvp, MOST people don't. If they implemented Fast Track Server it would have been full. If there was a pve only Aion many people would play on that and they would enjoy it. People who enjoy pvp wouldn't play on it. Understanding that most people dislike forced pvp is not a contradiction, it is general knowledge that even pvpers know except for you.

How hard is this?

The reason why I wouldn't play on a pve-only server is because I do not dislike pvp, I just find it hard to  compete with whales, if I could get to end game content (like I did in 6.x) I would have been doing pvp as well. And this is what many people also do. By the time we reach end game in a patch, another patch is already out rendering our items useless.

I do not like forced pvp content either but there can't be a middle ground, so if I had to chose between a pve-only and an all-inclusive server I would chose the later because I would hope I would be able to catch up and be able to play the game as a whole.

~~

BUT there are people who could live their whole life doing pve only and frankly they are many of them. A pve-only server would be more stable because what people dislike about aion is the class imbalance (pvp) and the p2w (pvp). This is why people quit the game, they can't compete and that is a pvp-exclusive issue.

A pve-only server wouldn't have the 2 most basic Aion's problems, p2w and class imbalance.

10 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

A pve-only server wouldn't have the 2 most basic Aion's problems, p2w and class imbalance.

You would be surprised, P2w is just a mechanic used by players when they are behind. Take skyforge for example, this game was talked about how p2w the PvE is. When the meta in gaming is speed running(doing content asap) p2w is just the players way of saying they are behind. Many people quit the game because people could progress faster than they could while paying.

This is all due to p2w being a made up term by gamers who are behind looking for someone or something else to blame. All in all p2w is subjective based off the agenda of the player who is using the term since it is made up.

38 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You would be surprised, P2w is just a mechanic used by players when they are behind. Take skyforge for example, this game was talked about how p2w the PvE is. When the meta in gaming is speed running(doing content asap) p2w is just the players way of saying they are behind. Many people quit the game because people could progress faster than they could while paying.

This is all due to p2w being a made up term by gamers who are behind looking for someone or something else to blame. All in all p2w is subjective based off the agenda of the player who is using the term since it is made up.

P2W is when you can pay for things you would otherwise have to work for. It is a spectrum, having prestige can be seen as p2w because for example you get more GP thus you can be a higher rank with the same effort to someone who isn't prestige and thus he is not even in the top 30 while you are in the top 5. But prestige is "only" 15$ per month and most people could afford one so it is not regarded a blatant and insane p2w tactic.

On the other hand buying direct hard to get niche items with real money can be a more aggressive p2w which can destroy balance. Like when enchants were scarce and BCM had them in abundance. Or when people couldn't get dazzlings, higher runes or meteor weapons and BCM had them. A friend of mine has all the important alts wit full dazzlings, many f2p players still don't have them for their mains.
~~

But I will agree that pve can also have p2w issues when you have ranks and people aim for those. For example prestige offers you a +400 pve buff that non prestige users do not have, if an instance has a ranking system, the p2w person can be on the top list due to slightly better dps so that could also be a problem. Of course Aion doesn't have many such ranks because it is not a pve oriented game. The only ranking pve system at the moment is Crucible Spire. Abyssal Splinter was supposed to also have one but they never implemented it.

~~

P2W is not a made up term, it is a true feature of games, a way for the company to make more money and people with extra cash to make their progress easier and/or faster or even worse get to a point where a non p2w person will never be able to be.

In Classic people had to play hours to get close to the 1m kinah and someone with money could get it in one click and he could get even more. The f2p would have to gather items and craft things and the p2w would buy them off from broker in one click and while the f2p had to go slowly gathering and spending time being a real life farm bot, the p2w could easily get geared up and enjoy the rest of the end game content including pvp, rifting, sieges and what not all while still having more money and items than the f2p farm-player..

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

you wouldn't try to convince us here that Aion's forced pvp model is the best thing.

I don't force anyone into my opinion or what I think is good!
But if you don't like the classic aion, that's fine with me.
But having a diskusion about : "a lot of people used to say back then"

doesn't help anyone here!

23 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

I don't force anyone into my opinion or what I think is good!
But if you don't like the classic aion, that's fine with me.
But having a diskusion about : "a lot of people used to say back then"

doesn't help anyone here!

Because that is when I said a pve only server would have been alive even if I never asked for one and I most likely wouldn't play in one.

Archived