/joinchannel command not working

Guest Genesis

Guest Genesis

Steps to reproduce:

You will need two people connected at the same time to do this.

Step 1: Create a channel either using the text command in chat. The following will create a channel called "testchan" with password "1234":

/createchannel testchan 1234

This command should work and you should see that the channel was successfully created.

Step 2: Have someone else try to join your channel using /joinchannel. 

/joinchannel testchan 1234

You should see at this point that they are unable to join the channel, and it instead tries to send the command as a text message. 

(Optional) Step 3: Try to join the channel via the UI, just to see that the channel itself works. 

eRQ5WPi.png

If you go to "Manage Private Channel" in Menu > Community, you should be able to click "Join" and then enter the name and password of the channel created in step 1. This will put you into the channel and you can use it to communicate.

----------

More background + screenshots

We are supposed to be able to use /joinchannel [channelname] [password] to be able to create a private channel for communication:

gaDsnka.png

However, this command is not working right now. When trying to use it, it'll just output the entire command in the chat you have selected.

RmbGVod.png

The channels themselves functionally work and /createchannel works to create a channel. But to join a channel right now, you can only do that via the UI:m8TLV22.png

It would be great to see this fixed for better in-game communication between people in different legions.

Guest Genesis

I forgot to mention this in the main post: The reason why it's important for the command to work is so that we can put it in a macro, which makes the process of creating/joining channels much easier. It becomes one click of a macro instead of digging into a menu and typing a name/password :)

Guest Someone
1 hour ago, Guest Genesis said:

I forgot to mention this in the main post: The reason why it's important for the command to work is so that we can put it in a macro, which makes the process of creating/joining channels much easier. It becomes one click of a macro instead of digging into a menu and typing a name/password :)

I think the commands are case sensitive, so you should try with /JoinChannel and so on.

Guest Genesis
18 minutes ago, Guest Someone said:

I think the commands are case sensitive, so you should try with /JoinChannel and so on.

That still doesn't work unfortunately, and the create channel command works both ways.

Archived