Game feels dead, and unplayable

Eletrolux

Hello,

I want to share my experience with the game so far to know if i'm the only one that think the game is unplayable at the moment.

Last time i played aion was on OG 2.5. And since there's a new server i decided to try it out. Oh damn, it was a mistatake... From lvl 1-54 i couldn't group with a SINGLE person in the game. I'm playing the whole game by myself, because there's literally nobody in the game to play with, no Instances groups not even for the harder campaigns. I feel like this classic is only made for the people that already have friends inside the game. I was expecting the game to get better after lvl50. But no, it got worse. The current content is too hard to make without a group and it makes extremaly fustrating to get anything done. 

I dont understand why NCSOFT decided to make a new server. If it's this bad population wise, they should 100% merge the servers "yes i know, its a brand new server, but if you cant get anything done on it, what's the purpse of it? ". If i dont see any comuncations about it i would just quit the game, not because i want it. But because i can't get anything done. 

Can anyone gives me feedback? I'm the only one who's having these issues?

For what it's worth, the 1-50 content was changed to be soloable and is pretty much intended to be done that way. The group campaigns for Tlabs/Alabs/Azo etc. and their asmo equivalent were changed to be quick solo quests, and the campaigns themselves had their EXP adjusted to so that just doing them gives you the exact EXP needed to progress levels so the idea is to just spam campaigns and go 1-50 in a few hours, then you hit Ingi/Gelk and basically do the same thing. All the old low level group content was functionally cut from the game so yeah you won't find anybody doing it. 

So what you're experiencing is pretty normal, there's only reasonable group content at "endgame" which largely consists of things people want statics for.

1 hour ago, 2s877F3-DN said:

For what it's worth, the 1-50 content was changed to be soloable and is pretty much intended to be done that way. The group campaigns for Tlabs/Alabs/Azo etc. and their asmo equivalent were changed to be quick solo quests, and the campaigns themselves had their EXP adjusted to so that just doing them gives you the exact EXP needed to progress levels so the idea is to just spam campaigns and go 1-50 in a few hours, then you hit Ingi/Gelk and basically do the same thing. All the old low level group content was functionally cut from the game so yeah you won't find anybody doing it. 

So what you're experiencing is pretty normal, there's only reasonable group content at "endgame" which largely consists of things people want statics for.

I understand that 1-50 was nerfed to be done solo. And that's 100% and not the issue to be honest. 

But tell me, i dont have friends in the game, and Aion Classic does not have a discord for me to know more people. And Party Finder is dead ingame. Should i just quit then? I can't even complete campaigns anymore.

4 hours ago, Eletrolux said:

I want to share my experience with the game so far to know if i'm the only one that think the game is unplayable at the moment.

It was a little better before the 2.5 update on Feb. 15th (?) when they removed open world drops. Since then it's been complete silence and just more issues every patch. One thing they did fix with 2.7 at least was the needed low level stigmas, but it's too late, most people already quit or moved over to start in EU Classic which launched recently.

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/11468-your-aion-classic-is-unplayable/

Not much has changed since I posted this, have a look at broker for manastones for example.

I don't think they have much staff left working on this anymore, look how they even misspelled the new server name (Nezekan/Nezekan) directly in the game, or these stigma boxes.. assuming they copy/pasted the templar string to replace the class name for the rest, and didn't even remove the original word, something so basic, makes you wonder what kind of QA/QC they have (0). New class can't even use teleporters. New server is emptier than the Sahara desert.. (how could they ever think it was a good idea to open a new server with the main one already empty ????).

It baffles my mind that this is a real company, this game atm feels like it's run by a bunch of kids toying around with a private server.

B9vMlOJ.png

Edited by Shirene-DN

That’s because the game is dead.

No loot to collect. Constant log in bug for months. No communication for months about what’s going on.

Then dropped this craptastic update. Boxes and keys are the solution to no loot drops in the open world? What’s next, paying to use /say or /3 each time?

Game breaking bugs. But who cares. Nyerk dolla dolla bills y'all.

Graphics engine updated and removed even more nostalgia. Looks ugly imo, ruined character sliders, no free plastic surgery tickets.

Classic where? Some complained it wasn’t classic before, it definitely isn’t now.

Everyone moved over to EU. Sure it’s more of the same crap but both servers are by far more populated than N.A. ever was at any point. Oh, and candies aren’t sellable for large amounts kinah. Nyerk.