Cant install Aion

Hi there! Im having some difficulties installing Aion. I can install the launcher just fine, but from the launcher it'll only install to about 13% and then I get this error-  "Failed to download the file. Check your network environment (ISP authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again. (5664)" - Ive uninstalled the game and launcher from everything on my computer, Ive ran CCleaner, tried to re-install. Ive tried turning off my firewall on my PC, ive restarted my router, ive gone into my router setting and added the correct ports (2106,7777,10241,80) to see if that was the issue. Ive even tried installing it on my  external ssd from another computer in a different house. Ive called my ISP and they did nothing to help me. Im at a loss as to what to do and would appreciate any help. Thank you!

On 4/10/2021 at 5:34 AM, Caspiana-DN said:

Hi there! Im having some difficulties installing Aion. I can install the launcher just fine, but from the launcher it'll only install to about 13% and then I get this error-  "Failed to download the file. Check your network environment (ISP authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again. (5664)" - Ive uninstalled the game and launcher from everything on my computer, Ive ran CCleaner, tried to re-install. Ive tried turning off my firewall on my PC, ive restarted my router, ive gone into my router setting and added the correct ports (2106,7777,10241,80) to see if that was the issue. Ive even tried installing it on my  external ssd from another computer in a different house. Ive called my ISP and they did nothing to help me. Im at a loss as to what to do and would appreciate any help. Thank you!

If you have the game in another pc do this:

• Start the installation on your new pc
  • Stop the update, and close the updater.
  • Copy-paste the whole game from the other pc to the folder that the installer just made
  • Restart the updater and simply run the file check
  • It shouldn't need to install anything and will only check the files.

If this doesn't work then it is your pc doing weird things. Maybe not enough space, or not enough RAM, I do not know the specs.

• 3 months later...

Same problem, copying the installation over will not solve anything.  Even with the game fully installed I still can not log into the launcher to launch the game.  The error occurs before we even get to the option to install the game.  I have reinstalled windows, reinstalled NC launcher 2, flushed DNS, reset router and tried using a VPN.  ISP has not changed their routing since it started happening.  Waiting on support but im guessing it will just be a copy and paste response.

5950x, RTX3080, 2tb nvme ssd with only windows install and 64gb of ram.. its not a computer issue.

Archived