Assassin and latency

Cnc

Hello all. I've heard that Assassin is the most latency reliant class in the game, but I really love the class style. That said I have a question for you all that play with high latency mainly:

Is 140-150ms playable as Assassin for PVP? Please keep in mind that I intend to get extendable weapons and I know that extendables will be a must for me most of the times. I know that I can do PVE just fine so that is ok. I currently play Gladiator and I can do -fine- (though I do have a Lannok's extendable, not yet blessed by Bakarma).

If you have always played with <60ms then this question is not really for you as you are blessed.

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

Hello all. I've heard that Assassin is the most latency reliant class in the game, but I really love the class style. That said I have a question for you all that play with high latency mainly:

Is 140-150ms playable as Assassin for PVP? Please keep in mind that I intend to get extendable weapons and I know that extendables will be a must for me most of the times. I know that I can do PVE just fine so that is ok. I currently play Gladiator and I can do -fine- (though I do have a Lannok's extendable, not yet blessed by Bakarma).

If you have always played with <60ms then this question is not really for you as you are blessed.

Thank you in advance.

I know this isn’t for me, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

I can’t really speak for anyone other than myself; I find that anything over 100ms is unplayable. I sit around 50ms usually, and when it spikes over 100ms I can definitely feel it. I won’t PvP until it stabilizes. 

I'm not saying it’s not possible, or that you can’t succeed, I just know I’m not comfortable over 100ms. Or even 75+ for that matter. Anything over 75 and I start looking for processes that could be contributing factors.

57 minutes ago, Sab said:

I know this isn’t for me, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

I can’t really speak for anyone other than myself; I find that anything over 100ms is unplayable. I sit around 50ms usually, and when it spikes over 100ms I can definitely feel it. I won’t PvP until it stabilizes. 

I'm not saying it’s not possible, or that you can’t succeed, I just know I’m not comfortable over 100ms. Or even 75+ for that matter. Anything over 75 and I start looking for processes that could be contributing factors.

Appreciate the imput. But I can also notice when my ping goes from 140ms to 180ms. I am -kind of- used to pay with 140ms as a Gladiator with extendable, but Gladiator has a lot of survivability, cleaves, root. While assassin has Ambush, a dash and a 10m teleport. Staying on top of people as Assassin is far more important I'd say. Even with extendies I'm guessing that I'd need to be at 1-2m range of people running (on my screen, due to the latency) to be able to hit them.

That's why I asked mainly to people with 120-150ms as they play like that daily.

Archived