Weekly Server Maintenance - August 31, 2022 [Classic]

EMpulse

• Aion Team

Greetings once again, Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 2 1/2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• New Costumes and Accessories have been added to the shop:
    • [Event] Turbulent Times Outfit (650 Quna)

Thank you!

Are the drop rates going to be adjusted? The main reason, at least in my opinion for this being a large issue, was there was limited Firm Balaur mats dropping preventing leveling crafts or being able to craft the best current PVE weapons, without investing 1 billion + kinah.

Prices for Firm mats were around 6-700k before the 'drop rate fix' was implemented.

Prices have since risen, at least on the Asmo side, I can't speak for the elyos.

Is there any plans to increase the drop rates on these, or are these crafts/weapons only for p2w players willing to spend irl money for a billion + kinah?

veYiD0F.png

41 minutes ago, Aionvollgeilxdd said:

Turbulant times outfit sounds very appropriate :=) Keeep the good work and would u pls remove the admin curse from my BakaPole? Big Love

OOF!! How did I miss that reference? Hahahaahahah it's so funny because it's so true...

Just what the players need another OVERPRICED Outfit,i mean the game has hundreds of skins right, how about adding more than ONE and at more realistic prices.

And again start giving reset scrolls on quna shop the games already pay2win with candys Scrolls for dredge besh are actually useful and again permanent pets like we had before.

And maybe some XP amulets the stuff you add is seriously overpriced junk the games getting more dead by the day but hey lets keep doing the same rubbish,for heavens sakes your bosses in korea should read the forums then they actually understand why they losing money and players.

The price increases on the level 60 balaur materials is due to price manipulation and has nothing to do due with drop rates. These are the players that are trying to lock other players out of playing the game because they refuse to normalize botting. This artificial price increase is a form of encouraging rule breaking which then in turn costs NCsoft in loss of opportunity. When those players leave, we will have more frequent rule breaking from those unfettered players, and if not, the popularity of rule breaking per player will increase simplify because there are less players that play fair. Don't get me wrong though, they do have significant measures in place for botting, but the already existing kinah is still in circulation among the bot owners and a few lucky players. Some bots might farm unfettered for short periods of time, which is why it seems like they don't do anything about botting, but they do and if you look at the map there really isn't much botting at all because of this. Take all that I said, you got players forcing the population to normalize botting and then you get something like Aion 8.2. They do need to increase drop rates on balaur materials though.

10 hours ago, Akuman said:

Are the drop rates going to be adjusted? The main reason, at least in my opinion for this being a large issue, was there was limited Firm Balaur mats dropping preventing leveling crafts or being able to craft the best current PVE weapons, without investing 1 billion + kinah.

Prices for Firm mats were around 6-700k before the 'drop rate fix' was implemented.

Prices have since risen, at least on the Asmo side, I can't speak for the elyos.

Is there any plans to increase the drop rates on these, or are these crafts/weapons only for p2w players willing to spend irl money for a billion + kinah?

veYiD0F.png

You're damn right, it's the same for Elios, why do you need a crafting master if you can't get one?

Edited by 47altair47

15 hours ago, Edict said:

The price increases on the level 60 balaur materials is due to price manipulation and has nothing to do due with drop rates. These are the players that are trying to lock other players out of playing the game because they refuse to normalize botting. This artificial price increase is a form of encouraging rule breaking which then in turn costs NCsoft in loss of opportunity. When those players leave, we will have more frequent rule breaking from those unfettered players, and if not, the popularity of rule breaking per player will increase simplify because there are less players that play fair. Don't get me wrong though, they do have significant measures in place for botting, but the already existing kinah is still in circulation among the bot owners and a few lucky players. Some bots might farm unfettered for short periods of time, which is why it seems like they don't do anything about botting, but they do and if you look at the map there really isn't much botting at all because of this. Take all that I said, you got players forcing the population to normalize botting and then you get something like Aion 8.2. They do need to increase drop rates on balaur materials though.

That's why most people are buying/selling k i n a h. Its quite normalized because the sellers are making a decent amount and players are getting it for cheap.  Many are not complaining because they are okay with this as a means of keeping the economy as it is. 

18 hours ago, Kickenklober said:

That's why most people are buying/selling k i n a h. Its quite normalized because the sellers are making a decent amount and players are getting it for cheap.  Many are not complaining because they are okay with this as a means of keeping the economy as it is. 

Kinah bots literally farm all the mats on the broker. People talk about inflation through kinah bots, but lets be real here - lots of kinah gets absorbed back into NPCs, broker fees, teleport, Nanyu/Asvata paper for scrolls, soul healing. The bots farming materials are the only reason the broker isn't a ghost town.