Forms of Speak That Should Be Sanctionable

Attestant

The amount of real world political speak in LFG is on the rise and unwelcome in any amount. Real world political speak now-a-days is tantamount to memetic phrases and purposely frustrating statements, which by definition means it isn't substantive content and is disruptive to enjoyability of the game. It is my hope that the Aion team starts cracking down on these disruptions.

I've also seen some legion names mock the authority of NCsoft by naming themselves after bannable offenses, creating an illusion as if they don't get banned and that NCsoft doesn't take those activities seriously. I've also seen legions named after racist-toward-asian memes. I would like to also see something get done about those issues as well. We can't have people going around in game thinking those activities aren't sanctionable.

Lastly is speak that has no means but to break a rule. People will frequently send messages in LFG without any real consequence other than to open others to harassment, unwanted attention, etc, but will stop short of being sanctionable even though everyone knows their intention or what they mean. Usually it's some form of harassment such as exposing someone's privacy or actions; a false flagging operation; or it is short of sanctionable speech (hate speech). This is very common and very much needs to be taken care of.

2 hours ago, Edict said:

Blocking doesn't prevent unwanted attention and it doesn't stop people from continuing to speak in such ways that make the game's reputation look bad.

Oh you don't have to worry about LFG making the game's reputation look bad, that's already been handled. 

4 hours ago, Edict said:

Blocking doesn't prevent unwanted attention and it doesn't stop people from continuing to speak in such ways that make the game's reputation look bad.

Are you new here? NCwest already did that on their own lol. They don't need help for that.

2 minutes ago, Edict said:

Not really.

The game reputation look bad? Oh yeah, they sure did. And once EU is released there will be no reason to keep this server open.

With 260+ posts I'd assume you have been here for a while, and if you can't see that on your own by now, then there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

You can never really get away from the politics any more. People bring them up in every game. Even if we had an active CM in game issuing mutes, we'd still see it when it's posted, and people who really wanna bring that stuff up, will find a way. Be that logging alts, making other accounts, etc. My point is this exists within every community, it's been around long before Aion and it's never going to stop. Would it help to have someone muting? Sure, but the same effect can be achieved by simply doing as others mentioned and blocking the offending players.