Social-Related Changes to Aion

Attestant

Excuse my writing a bit, a wrote this in a hurry before my church routine for today.

It has been a frequent issue with players making abhorrent gamer-speak, harassing or trolling players, making accusation-speak toward players, making political-speak, advertising their bodies, making various see-what-sticks out-right-false accusations about NCsoft, or forming various cult-like frameworks for players to unconditionally spite NCsoft and some already-discriminated-against groups. All these things makes players turn away from the game and makes NCsoft lose money and makes the game hard to play. I have already posted about this on the forums, but I have a suggestion to fix it easy.

I have conducted a little review of player behavior and I believe that largely, players are unable to responsibility socialize, proficiently socialize, or construct socialization. Sometimes even just talking innocently in game creates a torrent of savagely disputes between players. I feel as if the escape into fantasy devolves us into being unable to socialize and creates delusions that we need to leave in game when we want to socialize on the forums. This is why we need to delete all number channels and restrict recruiting to the LFG function in the menu. We need to punish anyone using the LFG function for anything other than looking for game activities. For trading, the forums can be used. The forums needs to switch to a mode that only allows moderator-authorized posts or posts from proven-socially-adept players. Forum posts shouldn't have competition for the most amount of likes and players should not only pay attention to a few highly likely posts, sometimes pieces of posts have value in them; this means we should delete the leadership boards, there really is no player capability to lead anything anyway, it simply just doesn't exist and we all aware of it. The forums should delete reactions, as this is the highest level most players choose to interact at, which is unacceptable and embarrassing.

With these changes we can make a healthy Aion for players, for the community staff, and for the company as a whole. Additionally, these changes will reveal the activity level on Aion to be higher than what may be thought by new players before the changes due to the shift to using the forums more.

Please correct me if I'm misunderstood.

Is the proposed solution simply to regulate people's conversation and exclude if necessary, punish those who do not use the LFG in the correct way? Everything must be done as described in the text, delete, exclude, forbid. All this because the players are unable, according to the text, to be socially responsible?

Change the forum to be regulated with authorized posts, eliminate ranking and reactions, in short allow only what should be allowed.

I would like to know who would be the moderators who would decide what is right or wrong, what can be said or not, posted or not?

The only easy thing I could see in this post is a way to implement a specific thinking doctrine for whoever is responsible for moderating all this in the way the text describes and this can go south real quick.

7 hours ago, Oldplayer-IS said:

Please correct me if I'm misunderstood.

Is the proposed solution simply to regulate people's conversation and exclude if necessary, punish those who do not use the LFG in the correct way? Everything must be done as described in the text, delete, exclude, forbid. All this because the players are unable, according to the text, to be socially responsible?

Change the forum to be regulated with authorized posts, eliminate ranking and reactions, in short allow only what should be allowed.

I would like to know who would be the moderators who would decide what is right or wrong, what can be said or not, posted or not?

The only easy thing I could see in this post is a way to implement a specific thinking doctrine for whoever is responsible for moderating all this in the way the text describes and this can go south real quick.

I clearly support freedom that doesn't violate people's rights, otherwise I would ask for all forms of socializing to be deleted or to be unmoderated. As I like to say, you can't shout fire in a crowded theater.

Edited by Edict

8 hours ago, Edict said:

I clearly support freedom that doesn't violate people's rights, otherwise I would ask for all forms of socializing to be deleted or to be unmoderated. As I like to say, you can't shout fire in a crowded theater.

First of all the expression you used is for situations in which panic takes over the human being and there is a high probability of irreversible physical damage to all involved so it doesn't apply to every situation and if you stretch too much it can be considered a metaphor.

To be clear I am not against regulations, but a sense of proportions must be taken into account. If someone says things that offend someone else, they should first be warned and explained why they cannot take the attitude that they did, in short, attempts must be made to raise awareness.

Moving towards extreme regulations will bring about more extreme responses.

Your solution may even be easy, but I maintain my opinion that there is a great possibility of going wrong.