New Discord Server Launch & Update From NC America!

Rownen

aion_discord_clyde_only.jpg

Hello everyone! We have a big announcement and status update we would like to share with you regarding a new Aion Discord server and the NC America team. This update is unfortunately late on our team’s part, but it was necessary as the NC America team moved forward through some changes and a new hiring process.

My name is Rownen, and I am very excited to be your new community manager here at NC America. As you may have noticed, communication and action has been absent lately from both the community manager and the game producers in the forums. Wissp, our previous community manager, has moved on to other opportunities. We appreciate Wissp’s hard work that he put into the forums and we wish him well. Unfortunately, the absence of a community manager during the search for a new candidate put this forum in the dark as the NC America team focused on game updates and events.

Additionally, as many of you may have noticed or read about, NCSOFT West has undergone an immense number of recent changes and has now formed the new entity, NC America. Employees that now work under the new NC America banner include our game directors and producers from Lineage II, Blade & Soul, and Aion. All of them have been adjusting to the new NC America work environment but have a renewed sense of optimism for the potential that lies ahead.

With that being said, I’m ready to step in and resume the community manager responsibilities! I’ve been in the MMO community for quite some time and have also been observing NCSOFT go through changes from afar. I was already excited to start making a difference in this community, but I want you all to know that I was briefed on a longer vision of NC America and the direction it wants to take and this is what truly inspired me to move forward with this role. I also acknowledge that you are probably used to hearing this before from new community managers in the past, so you will just have to let me prove it to you through action and engagement in the Discord.

This is a new beginning for everyone here at NC America. There is a lot of work to be done and new foundations to be built, but I am incredibly excited to be a part of this and look forward to working with you all to create the best experience possible through our games. I have many new ambitions for what I want to bring to this community, but for now, I don’t want to promise anything as I have a lot to learn about the company’s workflows before I get started. In the meantime, my first goal is to get this Discord up and running to its true potential. I will be posting many changes in the upcoming days. One thing I am particularly proud of, is our new player #game-suggestions system and channel. This new system is an organized way for you all to suggest what you are most passionate about in the game and allow us to take action on it, through actual reported feedback and transparency. Please check it out and read our plans for this new initiative. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all in the Discord and I'm excited for this new step. Thank you all!

JOIN OUR NEW DISCORD SERVER HERE:
https://discord.gg/w9bTSZTvCm

- Rownen

• Rownen pinned this topic

How to be a CM:

Step 1:  Introduce yourself and say how excited you are to be here.

Step 2: For the first few weeks respond to lots of people with "I'll pass it along to the higher ups and will let you know about it ASAP"

Step 3: Ghost the community for the next few months posting only the weekly maintenance and nothing else.

Step 4: Update your linkedin and quit.

I don't see a discord server making any difference. It's just another place to leave comments/suggestions that will be ignored.

The Halloween event is usually one of the best all year in Aion, but we got that taken away and in exchange get only a cash shop sale, but I guess at least now we can get pinged in discord to get disappointed faster without having to check the forums?

• Rownen unpinned this topic