Nefarious system of inserting manastone

Ethanchanter

Until we will have to endure that to successfully insert 6 stones of manastone it is necessary to spend 80 stones, it is absurd.

IF YOU FAIL YOU SHOULD BREAK ONLY THE LAST STONE

They set the Quna manastone event with a purchase limit (x3) and with that, not inserting even 6 stones for a piece breaks everything and you are left without a quna and without stones.

I don't think I'm the only one who always fails with this.

People have been complaining about the manastone socketing system since day 1 of Aion Classic launch.

NCsoft refuse to do anything about it.

The same problem was fixed in Aion retail over 10 years ago, why not fix Classic from what NCsoft learned then?

When a manastone socketing fails, it SHOULD NOT DESTROY ALL THE PREVIOUSLY SOCKETED MANASTONES on that item.

This is how OG aion was; I preferred it after the change to let the stones stick with a reduced success rate, but end result is the same RNG socketing.

It's just the game mechanics; it's not a bug that needs fixing, just an unliked mechanic... 100% socketing supplement will come later, I guess.

5 hours ago, Duhkha said:

This is how OG aion was; I preferred it after the change to let the stones stick with a reduced success rate, but end result is the same RNG socketing.

It's just the game mechanics; it's not a bug that needs fixing, just an unliked mechanic... 100% socketing supplement will come later, I guess.

OG Aion was not like this lol wtf OG AION was really really hard no way you acutally compare this classic to OG aion lmfao 

13 hours ago, Duhkha said:

Aion Classic is not a reboot of original Aion, it is a rethink with additional content. Which means the lessons learned from previous Aion versions should be incorporated. The current Classic manastone system is a bad decision by the development team, that's all.

I know many people,  that have actually left Aion because of things like the manastone failure rate. Each failure is an unpleasant experience, people start to think they are unlucky, then try and avoid that negative feeling by either not installing manastones, or simply leaving the game for one that does not cause so much negativity.  Eventually some of the remaining customer base behaves like Battered Woman Syndrome (BWS) where they hope for change after suffering consistent abuse,  or think it's their fault.

A wise sales manager should talk to the devs about this kind of thing. There are lots of good books on the psychology of gaming.