Estimated Downtime
~2 hours

Notes

• Unlearn Master Knowledge and Unlearn Expert Knowledge will be Added
  • Padmarashka’s Candy Tree Ends
  • Raging Mantutu Raid Ends
  • Thanksgiving Theme Ends
  • Winter Enchantment Stone Special Bundle Ends
    • Empyrean Lord's Gift Event EndsReward Distribution: [Event] Elite Primus Pilus Weapon Selection Box
      • November 28

4 hours ago, Rownen said:

Classic Server Maintenance - November 28, 2023

When
3:00 PM PST. See your time zone here: https://everytimezone.com/s/4c372c1e

Estimated Downtime
~2 hours

Notes

• Unlearn Master Knowledge and Unlearn Expert Knowledge will be Added
  • Padmarashka’s Candy Tree Ends
  • Raging Mantutu Raid Ends
  • Thanksgiving Theme Ends
  • Winter Enchantment Stone Special Bundle Ends
    • Empyrean Lord's Gift Event EndsReward Distribution: [Event] Elite Primus Pilus Weapon Selection Box
      • November 28

23:00 my time, how dare you force me to sleep, who do you think you are, my dad? 😅

Hi Rownen (and also Tarzaned / the other GM that showed up in game the other day),

Really, really confused as to how you guys have started to reach out to the community more, but we still are having the exact same issues week to week that make people quit. Surely, somebody in that community discord is telling you guys the truth? If it hadn't been turned into a brand new PvP discord due to a lack of moderation, it would probably have more people like me in there that actually know what the hell is going on with your game.

How are we still having weeks in this game where all of our previous week's events end and we gain no new ones.

You realize that we are LOOKING for reasons to play the game, to log-in, but having zero drop rate padmas (have personally killed 6 padmas since event ended, 4 golds 0 eternals), zero drop rate BTHM (3 runs, 2 eternals throughout), and no pve buff (making all the tiamat groups that formed for the 2 weeks we did have it all break up because its much tougher without it) ensures that we have a consistently low population game. WHY should anybody choose to put their time into Aion when it has been proven over and over that your time is not valued?

I've had easily 30-40 players over the last 2 months come in and out of my legion (2nd most active on asmo side) and the complaints are always the same: why should I play a game where I'm not being rewarded for my time? Why are NCSoft so poor at communicating to us? And my personal favorite: did they really take all the drops out of the game? (YES, THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THAT, @forum lurkers LOL)

It just shows an absolute disconnection to the status / population of your game when for the 7-8th time in the past few months, we have a week to week cycle where there is zero incentive for players to log in to the game besides to do their dailies. Give us SOMETHING. Flip a switch and turn the warg flight time buff on. What happens to all of this code / content that we are provided in the past, does it just *poof* and is unusable ever again? Or is it an issue of competency amongst those running the operation over here, as is the common conclusion of outsiders looking in.

Much love, hugs, and kisses,

#1 BG of Bunny Mafia, F-Tier Glad,

Wolffist

8 hours ago, Wolffist said:

Hi Rownen (and also Tarzaned / the other GM that showed up in game the other day),

Really, really confused as to how you guys have started to reach out to the community more, but we still are having the exact same issues week to week that make people quit. Surely, somebody in that community discord is telling you guys the truth? If it hadn't been turned into a brand new PvP discord due to a lack of moderation, it would probably have more people like me in there that actually know what the hell is going on with your game.

How are we still having weeks in this game where all of our previous week's events end and we gain no new ones.

You realize that we are LOOKING for reasons to play the game, to log-in, but having zero drop rate padmas (have personally killed 6 padmas since event ended, 4 golds 0 eternals), zero drop rate BTHM (3 runs, 2 eternals throughout), and no pve buff (making all the tiamat groups that formed for the 2 weeks we did have it all break up because its much tougher without it) ensures that we have a consistently low population game. WHY should anybody choose to put their time into Aion when it has been proven over and over that your time is not valued?

I've had easily 30-40 players over the last 2 months come in and out of my legion (2nd most active on asmo side) and the complaints are always the same: why should I play a game where I'm not being rewarded for my time? Why are NCSoft so poor at communicating to us? And my personal favorite: did they really take all the drops out of the game? (YES, THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THAT, @forum lurkers LOL)

It just shows an absolute disconnection to the status / population of your game when for the 7-8th time in the past few months, we have a week to week cycle where there is zero incentive for players to log in to the game besides to do their dailies. Give us SOMETHING. Flip a switch and turn the warg flight time buff on. What happens to all of this code / content that we are provided in the past, does it just *poof* and is unusable ever again? Or is it an issue of competency amongst those running the operation over here, as is the common conclusion of outsiders looking in.

Much love, hugs, and kisses,

#1 BG of Bunny Mafia, F-Tier Glad,

+1 with Wolfy. Some people do in fact have limited time to play. Also the reason I asked if they even run any statistics as to how many groups/people are actually clearing some of these instances? What happened to instances that were a little longer, but actually creative, and actually dropped items after all the effort? People are tired of wasting their time and effort to end up with nothing. People are tired of socketing gear to end up with nothing, and broke. I'm sure a good bunch also spend money for quna only to end up with... nothing. Come on, NC. The buffs and 100% drop rates are good. Make at least 75% drop rate as a norm? Give use something to be proud about after all the TIME and EFFORT. 

We care. Please and thanks!

I quit the game a decade ago, and just now yesterday I came back to AION.  Honestly, I am glad I haven't put any real money into the game yet.  I was tempted, but now I am not sure anymore.  It has been passed 15 minutes since announcing that the server would be down for maintenance.  I care about the game, it is why I came back to play.  Hoping something nice changed for the better with AION.

Why no weapon?

Empyrean Lord's Gift Event EndsReward Distribution: [Event] Elite Primus Pilus Weapon Selection Box

Is the event who you have stay online for more than 3 hours?

BTW i was leveling many alt to 58 and so your counter stop while changing alt.  

On 11/29/2023 at 1:36 AM, Lilyofthevalley said:

I quit the game a decade ago, and just now yesterday I came back to AION.  Honestly, I am glad I haven't put any real money into the game yet.  I was tempted, but now I am not sure anymore.  It has been passed 15 minutes since announcing that the server would be down for maintenance.  I care about the game, it is why I came back to play.  Hoping something nice changed for the better with AION.

There's no point starting now, the game is broken since the 2.5 update (nothing drops from mobs in open-world), and Classic is a LOT more P2W than retail ever was. Everything is nerfed to hell, you are not gonna make any kinah or progress unless you spend a lot of money. Manastones don't drop anymore, balic mats don't anymore (= no crafting), the little you can sell to NPCs has been nerfed by 75% (10k -> 2.5k), and most ways to generate kinah in a legit way are gone. Also none of the fixes and improvements that retail had over the years have been passed onto Classic.

Edited by Shirene-DN

true

2 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

There's no point starting now, the game is broken since the 2.5 update (nothing drops from mobs in open-world), and Classic is a LOT more P2W than retail ever was. Everything is nerfed to hell, you are not gonna make any kinah or progress unless you spend a lot of money. Manastones don't drop anymore, balic mats don't anymore (= no crafting), the little you can sell to NPCs has been nerfed by 75% (10k -> 2.5k), and most ways to generate kinah in a legit way are gone. Also none of the fixes and improvements that retail had over the years have been passed onto Classic.

4 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

This is actually really untrue with the 2.8 update. There are legitamate ways to make kinah, manastones and balic mats and you can make a lot of kinah without spending any money. 

1 hour ago, Shirene-DN said:

Go ahead and enlighten us.

I am tempted but posting on the forums is going to lower how lucrative it is. All I can say is if you want to make kinah go out in the world and observe what people are doing. Look at who is selling manastones, balic mats, etc. on broker and try to notice what they are doing when you encounter them maybe. That is somewhat how I learned some tricks.

25 minutes ago, Lychee said:

I am tempted but posting on the forums is going to lower how lucrative it is. All I can say is if you want to make kinah go out in the world and observe what people are doing. Look at who is selling manastones, balic mats, etc. on broker and try to notice what they are doing when you encounter them maybe. That is somewhat how I learned some tricks.

Playing/abusing the broker doesn't work if everyone else is also doing it.

1 hour ago, Shirene-DN said:

Playing/abusing the broker doesn't work if everyone else is also doing it.

That isn't what I meant for you to do. I meant when you see a person you've seen listing stuff on the broker in the open world, observe what they are doing to get the stuff they are selling. Where are they at, what mobs/bosses are they killing, etc.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:13 AM, Lychee said:

That isn't what I meant for you to do. I meant when you see a person you've seen listing stuff on the broker in the open world, observe what they are doing to get the stuff they are selling. Where are they at, what mobs/bosses are they killing, etc.

+1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:13 AM, Lychee said:

Where are they at

Obviously they aren't here complaining about 'broken' stuffs which aren't really broken

You basically get at minimum 5m/3 days for 2 minutes of effort. So 50m/month. A lot of the daily quests offer kinah which essentially repays what consumables youll be using while playing the game. 

There is a variety of items that the market has been very much after with the new update as well. 

I'll give an example, although not a lot of income, its easy and passive income. Fine Elemental stones have been deleted from Balaurea maps, and can only be obtained in AB. Thus the price for them has skyrocketed because theyre a baseline mat in pots/consumables. There is a morph to take 1 Magical Aether and make 2 Fine Elemental stones. 1 Brilliant magical aether can be bought for 40-45k (asmo side) which gives 27 Magical aether. Assuming the higher end of 45k, thats 1.666 kinah per magical aether. Fine Elemental stones are selling for 3k-4k each. So at 1 Magical Aether (1.6k), you get 2 Fine Elemental stones (6-8k). You can easily get a thousand stack just after a few hours of play if you're conscious of morphing. The margin is high but the speed is still not super, but its passive and think how much dp you waste when you play when you could be doubling/tripling kinah. 

That is Aion, you gotta be a bit more lucrative. There is many ways to make kinah. We will be getting 3.x patch soon in a few months, if youre buying daeva pass save your 95+ stones, theyre gonna be super valuable then when people are rocking 60aug2 and need to enchant. 

edit: Asmo and Elyos sides vary, diff markets for diff people. For example, Attack 5s were still about 1mish on elyos when they were going for upwards of 2m on Asmo side. My 600+ stack was worth bank lol. 

Edited by Jake-DN

2 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

You basically get at minimum 5m/3 days for 2 minutes of effort. So 50m/month. A lot of the daily quests offer kinah which essentially repays what consumables youll be using while playing the game. 

There is a variety of items that the market has been very much after with the new update as well. 

I'll give an example, although not a lot of income, its easy and passive income. Fine Elemental stones have been deleted from Balaurea maps, and can only be obtained in AB. Thus the price for them has skyrocketed because theyre a baseline mat in pots/consumables. There is a morph to take 1 Magical Aether and make 2 Fine Elemental stones. 1 Brilliant magical aether can be bought for 40-45k (asmo side) which gives 27 Magical aether. Assuming the higher end of 45k, thats 1.666 kinah per magical aether. Fine Elemental stones are selling for 3k-4k each. So at 1 Magical Aether (1.6k), you get 2 Fine Elemental stones (6-8k). You can easily get a thousand stack just after a few hours of play if you're conscious of morphing. The margin is high but the speed is still not super, but its passive and think how much dp you waste when you play when you could be doubling/tripling kinah. 

That is Aion, you gotta be a bit more lucrative. There is many ways to make kinah. We will be getting 3.x patch soon in a few months, if youre buying daeva pass save your 95+ stones, theyre gonna be super valuable then when people are rocking 60aug2 and need to enchant. 

edit: Asmo and Elyos sides vary, diff markets for diff people. For example, Attack 5s were still about 1mish on elyos when they were going for upwards of 2m on Asmo side. My 600+ stack was worth bank lol. 

why not play wow season of mastery lol 

• Rownen unpinned this topic