need help with anti-aliasing and default engine

I wouldn't get to antialising 8x myself, 2x would be more than enough. Problem with this game is that if you are doing massive event or go into towns you can't 1-click change settings so your pc can handle this. So I myself usually play on lower details although my pc can take higher graphics with 120fps in normal areas.

I can only assume this might have something to do with your graphics card. I am not 100% sure, try updating the drivers, if this doesn't solve the problem then try a smaller anti-alising and check if the problem persists.

I personally do not have a ghosting problem with higher graphics and never had an issue so I cannot really help that much with a sure solution.

5 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I wouldn't get to antialising 8x myself, 2x would be more than enough. Problem with this game is that if you are doing massive event or go into towns you can't 1-click change settings so your pc can handle this. So I myself usually play on lower details although my pc can take higher graphics with 120fps in normal areas.

I can only assume this might have something to do with your graphics card. I am not 100% sure, try updating the drivers, if this doesn't solve the problem then try a smaller anti-alising and check if the problem persists.

I personally do not have a ghosting problem with higher graphics and never had an issue so I cannot really help that much with a sure solution.

you can press shift+f12 to toggle other characters' visibility in highly populated areas and raids to circumvent this problem. this will allow you to keep high graphics settings. this game uses a modified version of CryEngine 1, and it's very poorly optimized. the only workaround is shift+f12. 

my drivers are up to date, and regarding anti-aliasing.. I've tried 2x, 4x, 8x, all of them have the same problem. I have to disable anti-aliasing for the transparency problem to go away, but then the game looks horrible. I guess I'll have to live with this since nobody seems to know how to solve this, or nobody checks this subforum. 

ps. not a single crash since I switched to default graphics. seems to work for me :) 

Archived