Melee skills gone after ascending from Scout to Ranger

AaronStone-DN

So, I haven't played in a really long time, plus I switched from the EU version to the NA one, which means I made a new character and I don't remember an awful lot about how this works. I started out as a Scout and I've just finished "Proving your worth". I chose to become a Ranger and I got a bunch of ranged skills. However, my melee skills (Soul Slash and Surprise Attack) are gone. From what I've read on the Aion wiki, it seems like Rangers are supposed to have these skills as well. Will I get them back later or something like that?

That is normal and happens to most if not all classes since 6.0. Old, pre-ascension, skills that do not fit your class are automatically replaced with skills appropriate for your class. For example, Smite for Priests gets transformed into Punishing Earth when you ascend to cleric, and to Meteor Strike when you ascend to chanter.

You will not be getting any melee skills of that sort back, only Retreating Slash and Counterattack (off an evasion) are melee, as far as I know. Counterattack is also only usable with dagger and/or sword equipped, which does make it lowkey annoying to use.

Archived