Chanter Skills Suggestion - Part 2

Edmond-KT

Regarding my last post about the Chanter Stigmas, i would like to add/ask something as a suggestion.

As i mentioned a couple weeks ago, currently, other than Word of Life, most of Chanter's normal stigma skills were like not "consistently" updated with the v6 of the game. The bonus Acceleration cheer, healing conduit, word of protection, etc give is totally useless, they could maybe have been remotely useful in previous versions, but with current stat mechanics, they are totally worthless (healing 82 hp, really?).

Rage spell was removed supposedly because the atk. bonus was going to be added to Word of Inspiration, but it was instead "split" between those two (4% inspiration and 6% inspiration), which in my opinion would make sense if they stack, but they don't.

So, what i would like to ask, along with the possibility of boosting Word of Protection its, would it be possible to enable Word of Inspiration and Word of Instigation to stack?

I may come across as rude here, but I am a rude person by nature.

You are missing a key stigma in all this being Blessing of Wind now giving +12% attack + 690 something damage per hit, and now lasting 1 min with a 3 min cd (with a 2min 16 second cd for me for having the stigma at +9). This combined with the 4K DP Winter Circle, which doubles (100% increase) your attack for 30 seconds with 1 min CD, you hit arguably as hard as a gladiator when you pop your buffs.

While I do get where you are coming from, I had trouble understanding fully what you are communicating. 4% attack on Word of Inspiration is still great. Keep in mind these % adjustments are to reflect the massive increase in base stats that the 6.x gear has brought. As I recall Word of Instigation used to give 15% attack, but now only gives 6% - this is because we are walking around with 10K physical attack and easily 50K HP.

TBH - I feel your concern should be more so on getting the needed CRIT. There is no need to stack Word of Inspiration and Word of Instigation.

How come none of my skills give me the 5000+ Crit I need to have 30% Crit chance? lol.

Forgot to answer your question -

The reason Word of Protection was nerfed, was because it was OP in terms of the amount of resistances it was giving you. Now with less stuns and arguably less CC, and no native KD chance, if they made no changes to WOP, that would break the game.

23 hours ago, Pikachu-KT said:

I may come across as rude here, but I am a rude person by nature.

You are missing a key stigma in all this being Blessing of Wind now giving +12% attack + 690 something damage per hit, and now lasting 1 min with a 3 min cd (with a 2min 16 second cd for me for having the stigma at +9). This combined with the 4K DP Winter Circle, which doubles (100% increase) your attack for 30 seconds with 1 min CD, you hit arguably as hard as a gladiator when you pop your buffs.

While I do get where you are coming from, I had trouble understanding fully what you are communicating. 4% attack on Word of Inspiration is still great. Keep in mind these % adjustments are to reflect the massive increase in base stats that the 6.x gear has brought. As I recall Word of Instigation used to give 15% attack, but now only gives 6% - this is because we are walking around with 10K physical attack and easily 50K HP.

TBH - I feel your concern should be more so on getting the needed CRIT. There is no need to stack Word of Inspiration and Word of Instigation.

How come none of my skills give me the 5000+ Crit I need to have 30% Crit chance? lol.

Forgot to answer your question -

The reason Word of Protection was nerfed, was because it was OP in terms of the amount of resistances it was giving you. Now with less stuns and arguably less CC, and no native KD chance, if they made no changes to WOP, that would break the game.

Bless of Wind is greater stigma, that's why i said "no NORMAL stigma". Greater stigma is a totally another tale, in fact, there are too many "good" greater stigmas for the few slots.

My point is that there are no "really good" normal stigmas and the "group buffs" are almost all nerfed or outdated, so, allowing both words to stack would not be so bad in my opinion and would not unbalance the game so much.

Then why did you bring up Word of Protection? That is also a greater  stigma...

Anyway - they did buff certain NORMAL stigma skills for chanter. 

-Word of life is now a much stronger HOT

-Soul Lock is now non-conditional

-Rise (2min 16 second CD) for a second remove shock, not bad not bad

-Leaping Strike is now a guaranteed KD (albeit you have to channel/cast it)

-Splash Swing damage has been increased

Honestly I run the same 3 stigmas on me being Annihilation > Rise > Soul Lock, and in my extra slots Word of Life + Word of Inspiration. Never a problem.

Chanters are strong this patch. No changes needed. I've heard that they get nerfed in the upcoming 6.x patches. Then I will complain with you, but currently, to paraphrase a certain someone from my legion, its almost like - You have a beautiful woman in bed (or guy, whatever floats your boat). 10/10 person. But Instead of joining them in bed. You choose to complain about a mole on his/her arm. 

Come on, play the game.

20 hours ago, Pikachu-KT said:

Then why did you bring up Word of Protection? That is also a greater  stigma...

Anyway - they did buff certain NORMAL stigma skills for chanter. 

-Word of life is now a much stronger HOT

-Soul Lock is now non-conditional

-Rise (2min 16 second CD) for a second remove shock, not bad not bad

-Leaping Strike is now a guaranteed KD (albeit you have to channel/cast it)

-Splash Swing damage has been increased

Honestly I run the same 3 stigmas on me being Annihilation > Rise > Soul Lock, and in my extra slots Word of Life + Word of Inspiration. Never a problem.

Chanters are strong this patch. No changes needed. I've heard that they get nerfed in the upcoming 6.x patches. Then I will complain with you, but currently, to paraphrase a certain someone from my legion, its almost like - You have a beautiful woman in bed (or guy, whatever floats your boat). 10/10 person. But Instead of joining them in bed. You choose to complain about a mole on his/her arm. 

Come on, play the game.

"Then why did you bring up Word of Protection?"
Quote: "..and the "group buffs" are almost all nerfed or outdated.."

"Word of life is now a much stronger HOT"
I said that in my first post ;) WoL is the only "word skill" that was properly updated.

"Rise (2min 16 second CD) for a second remove shock"
Rise is an absolutely situational skill. It'll only work in a scenario when you are getting shocked exactly 2 times, not one, not three.

"Soul Lock is now non-conditional" "Leaping Strike is now a guaranteed KD"
Annihilation hits for WAY more damage than those two, plus it chains and the next skill stuns with a %.

"Splash Swing damage has been increased"
I give you that, Splash Swing, along with Mountain Crash are the two strongest burst dmg skills.

I'm not complaining, just suggesting that the group buffs could be improved =P. We are an hybrid class, if we build for DPS, we will not outrun a dps class in terms of burst damage, if we build for tank, we will not overcome a plate class, if we build for support, we will not win over a cleric. But building for hybrid is the only way that "in total" we will be better than a single other class, because we will be making more than 33% dps, 33% tank, 33% support.

I'm currently running Splash Swing + Word of Life + Annihilation (this last is the one i'm looking to change).

Archived