Remove GP from IB/ID

Arhangelos

Remove GP from IB/ID  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to remove the ability to p2w your rank?

• Yes make it only with siege so people cannot p2w with luna resets
    • No, keep it p2w possible because it gives NCSoft more money

Thank you for making the GP ranks monthly, this is making it competitive again and p2w whales that did EB non stop in the past, or those that got GP from things that were wrong and fixed, like AP->GP, or coalition afkness, or insane amount of GP in everything during 5.8 are gone from ranks already. GP needed a fresh start and even better we get a fresh start every month.

BUT please, remove the ability for the ranks to have a p2w ability. Some people might have done like 40 luna resets to get where they are, this is money to your company but this tells people they need to take a second seat because there is a vip seat section for those who pay. If the ranks are meaning to show who is "better" then this ranking system failed. It is like running the Olympics and those who are not good enough can pay to get the golden medal.

So there you have it, leave a comment if you agree or disagree. Stay on topic

(P.S. fix the reward system, 1-star and above get 0 rewards and 0 AP)

Honestly, resetting IB/ID allows people who play classes like cleric, templar, chanter,  etc (classes without high dps that cant kill guards in siege like say.... a sorc) to still acquire gp. It also allows people who don't pay for prestige (so they don't get as much gp from siege in the first place) to still get high ranked. If you remove that function, all that is left for the top ranks is the prestige users who play high dps classes and are pve geared enough to get a lot of damage on the guards. 

Basically, an argument can be made for both sides of this. I personally like the resets cuz I'm not afraid to be a Wallet Warrior :D

11 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Honestly, resetting IB/ID allows people who play classes like cleric, templar, chanter,  etc (classes without high dps that cant kill guards in siege like say.... a sorc) to still acquire gp. It also allows people who don't pay for prestige (so they don't get as much gp from siege in the first place) to still get high ranked. If you remove that function, all that is left for the top ranks is the prestige users who play high dps classes and are pve geared enough to get a lot of damage on the guards. 

Basically, an argument can be made for both sides of this. I personally like the resets cuz I'm not afraid to be a Wallet Warrior :D

I do not see them complain when they can rule the other ranks like arenas because some of them are either broken or have healing+dpsing+tanking abilities when they shouldn't. Sorcs suffer in arenas for example because our class is getting weaker.

Class imbalance is not an excuse for giving people the ability to buy their ranks. We can ask them to balance classes, this would fix it.

And if people can pay 10x luna resets per day they most likely already have prestige.

P.S. we can make a new poll asking them to give more GP via pvp means and less by killing guards. Excalibur is 2nd but he didn't need a ton of luna resets, he got 600+GP plus the 300 winning reward in the first siege. He used grappling hook along with vaguely and sourdouh and they went in and aoe melee all the guards

7 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I do not see them complain when they can rule the other ranks like arenas because some of them are either broken or have healing+dpsing+tanking abilities when they shouldn't. Sorcs suffer in arenas for example because our class is getting weaker.

Class imbalance is not an excuse for giving people the ability to buy their ranks. We can ask them to balance classes, this would fix it.

And if people can pay 10x luna resets per day they most likely already have prestige.

Idk, the first Templar in rank for AoD is #30, but #1 for GP on KT is a templar because he can pay for resets. I'm just saying, locking our IB/ID resets locks out a LOT of players from being even near GP ranks.

Server imbalance is not an excuse for the $130+ compensation EK got, when veteran players have been nyerked over 100 times and got nothing. NCSoft doesn't need an excuse obviously.

I didn't have prestige until recently but I used luna resets, mainly because the other rewards I didn't need at the time and I couldn't justify $15 on that when that was 15 more entries, especially since I wasn't running every instance in the game at the time so the 1 additional entry didn't bother me.

I agree pvp should be more involved in GP acquisition. 

7 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Idk, the first Templar in rank for AoD is #30, but #1 for GP on KT is a templar because he can pay for resets. I'm just saying, locking our IB/ID resets locks out a LOT of players from being even near GP ranks.

Server imbalance is not an excuse for the $130+ compensation EK got, when veteran players have been nyerked over 100 times and got nothing. NCSoft doesn't need an excuse obviously.

I didn't have prestige until recently but I used luna resets, mainly because the other rewards I didn't need at the time and I couldn't justify $15 on that when that was 15 more entries, especially since I wasn't running every instance in the game at the time so the 1 additional entry didn't bother me.

I agree pvp should be more involved in GP acquisition. 

He is first in harmony though, and yes injustices are bad. But none of this is being solved by p2rank. Templars were gods in 5.8, they enjoyed it.

The whole engine supports instant skill users because of the no animation hackers. They should also fix this.
We cannot say "if your class doesn't support no animation hack, we will allow you to p2rank as a solution".

Paying to go up in ranks is wrong as an idea, it is another problem, not a solution. Fixing bugs and imbalances is another issue.

Archived