Sorc PvE rotation

Majicks-DN

So I've unlocked Raging Inferno and Magic Rush. Let me say, quite a nice upgrade in dmg. I have some questions though. Should I be weaving in Raging every 1-2 cast skills? Or should I let the DOT tick for 8s, especially the crits. Math says weave it, regardless of ticks, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Also, is it worth waiting for the debuff from Blaze (-250 magic defense) on an opening, or is the little dmg you gain from that out weighed by actually just popping Vaz + Rush and nuking with some RI weaves? And just saving harpoon as a filler?

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, Majicks-DN said:

So I've unlocked Raging Inferno and Magic Rush. Let me say, quite a nice upgrade in dmg. I have some questions though. Should I be weaving in Raging every 1-2 cast skills? Or should I let the DOT tick for 8s, especially the crits. Math says weave it, regardless of ticks, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Also, is it worth waiting for the debuff from Blaze (-250 magic defense) on an opening, or is the little dmg you gain from that out weighed by actually just popping Vaz + Rush and nuking with some RI weaves? And just saving harpoon as a filler?

Thanks in advance!

Weave it every time you can, the dot is good but it is a dot and you only renew it. even in criticals it is good to spam the skill.

with -700 m.def from flame fusion and the -250 from blaze you make a good combo, whatever more you add, the better it is, some people even use the other daevanion too (the drain ability we have) it has a daevanion option to not drain HP but give -600m.def, which also adds, and with addition to Magic Rush which is +1200 m.attack to you, you can increase the difference. Add aetherblaze to it (vision stigma) which boosts your dmg by 15%

For pve all this works, it does take some time to do obviously, but it works, for pvp it is almost impossible to do any of these, before you have the time to cast them you are most likely dead.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Weave it every time you can, the dot is good but it is a dot and you only renew it. even in criticals it is good to spam the skill.

with -700 m.def from flame fusion and the -250 from blaze you make a good combo, whatever more you add, the better it is, some people even use the other daevanion too (the drain ability we have) it has a daevanion option to not drain HP but give -600m.def, which also adds, and with addition to Magic Rush which is +1200 m.attack to you, you can increase the difference. Add aetherblaze to it (vision stigma) which boosts your dmg by 15%

For pve all this works, it does take some time to do obviously, but it works, for pvp it is almost impossible to do any of these, before you have the time to cast them you are most likely dead.

Thanks! I didn't think about Spear gust, was looking at that as a more pvp option, but you're right, that 8s or so debuff would fit nicely at least around flame fusion on an opener. The PvP thing... yeah, been on the receiving end of some... stuff :D  

5 hours ago, Majicks-DN said:

Thanks! I didn't think about Spear gust, was looking at that as a more pvp option, but you're right, that 8s or so debuff would fit nicely at least around flame fusion on an opener. The PvP thing... yeah, been on the receiving end of some... stuff :D  

The daevanion I meant  is clipping spear and it actually does -300 in normal mode and -600 in advanced mode. I still do not use it to be honest. I'd rather have the ability to drain.

Archived