Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wonsul-DN

Sorc- What stigmas do people run these days in PvP

Recommended Posts

Question is in the title,

Do people still run control with aoe sleep ?

Or is getting dps stigmas +12 and aoe sleep in the bonus slot the must have combo these days ?

Just curious as to what fellow sorcs are running..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Wonsul-DN said:

Question is in the title,

Do people still run control with aoe sleep ?

Or is getting dps stigmas +12 and aoe sleep in the bonus slot the must have combo these days ?

Just curious as to what fellow sorcs are running..

 

I doubt many sorcs have +12 stigmas. also pvp lasts like 1 second for us, it is pretty conditional, like if you get jumped you can pretty sure know you are dead.

We are in the bottom tier in the pvp rank, sleep is ok to have but since pvp wise we are walking dummies, I personally have the dps spec so at least I can be good at something (a little bit more dps when the enemy is not targeting me).

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorcs have been neglected, pretty much since 3.0. We still have the pre 3.0 pvp 40-50% dmg handicap on Storm Strike, Glacial Shard and Flame Spray, which never accounted for the insane addition/increase in magic suppression/magic resist and combined with the long 3-4 sec cast times makes it really impossible to even stack enough dmg on healing classes nowdays.

We used to die fast but kill fast, that was the tradeoff before, now we die as fast but do close to no dmg comparatively to other classes. They added songweaver and figured why bother with sorc, when sw is a sorc with heals and almost no cast times and no pvp handicapped skills, Like Treble Cleve is instant and does 5k dmg and even has lower cooldowns than our nukes. Song of ice, fire, thronesong was enough on its own to kill most not overgeared classes in 5.X.

And about the Sorc stigmas, they are a joke. Wintry Armor reflecting 2000 flat hp on classes like glad and templar that have 80-100k hp is useless, you can never survive 40-50 hits to reflect enough dmg for wintry to matter, when there are glads/sins/vandals doing 30-40k single hits. Elemental Ward, 1000 Magic Resist and 1000 Magic Defense, in 7.2 where current gear has over 10 000 of these is less than 10% increase which again is close to useless. CCs that have been halved in pvp, so most sleeps last like 5-6 seconds which makes it impossible to crowd control effectively, because if theres a cleric as soon he wakes up ripple follows then theres nothing you can do, but get stunned/silence/fear locked to death.

The fact is that sorcs need to be greatly overgeared to even have a chance compared to other classes, making it not a really fun class to pvp with without heavy time/money investment.

I dont know, i might be wrong i mostly do PVE anyway, so feel free to correct me. :)

Edited by Viseris-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

I dont know, i might be wrong i mostly do PVE anyway, so feel free to correct me. :)

This is exactly what it is, our class is outdated, we are the only casting class, every other class has predominantly instant skills with only a few that need charge or cast. And because everyone is hitting at max attack speed, they can throw hits like an automatic weapon or something, shooting 10 bullets per second.

For sorcerers to be a competitive class, we need 90% of our skills to be instant cast like all classes do and leave the rest 10% with some casting time. And that won't make us overpowered, it will make us equal to all other classes, because we still have the least HP, least defenses and least amount of surivability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×