Cannot find LIBEAY.dll

Ravege-DN

So I thought I would check out Aion again, but upon returning I get the error: Cannot find LIBEAY.dll Please reinstall the application. Problem is I re-installed it, several times. I looked for fixes, tried several different things, still no luck getting the game to work. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

So I'm definitely not super computer inclined, but a bit of googling says that file is Windows-related, not Aion-related. So I don't think re-installing Aion would fix that problem anyway. It looks like you can get that file from various places online. Not sure if it will help you.

That's weird cus other games rely on LIBEAY.dll and run no issues on my pc, and its installed in my Aion directly, I even copied it to my System 32 to see if it would do anything, so don't know how to fix the issue. It's not a good idea to download .dll files as 1)they can be infected with Malware, and being a main system file you could destroy your pc by downloading a bad one, also downloading one not specifically created by your systems registry can cause errors. Thanks for replying though, sadly I don't think I will be playing the game again unless I can find a confirmed fix. I mean I am very technologically inclined when it comes to Pcs, so if someone knows a legit way to fix it I would like to see. I just don't get why other games work, but this one doesn't. It's almost like the current version has a glitch in its pathing or something, I just don't get it. Oh and I did try doing a system repair to see if it found and corrupted .dll files, and it didn't find any issues, so no idea. 

Archived