Crucible (Lower) Final Boss

Gabrielis

I'd like to share with you my way of doing the lvl15 boss in the Crucible Spire (Lower), since many people ask about it and I think it will be useful not only for new players but also for all who has not been doing this instance for some reason and want to start.

Why to do Crucible Spire Lower ? Because this is the only way how to get HP cubics (Life Garkion cubic). Maxed life cubic gives a player +5500 additional HP.

Now about the final boss which can be challenging for anyone who doesn't know the mechanics. I am playing a sorcerer but I hope this will be useful also for other classes.

1) Watch out for the debuff he puts on you. Once you see your HP bar turn green, dispell it immediately (using a Greater Healing Potion for example). This debuff will leech you HP and you cannot heal yourself while it is on. If you let the debuff stay and the fight gets long, you will quickly end up at 25% HP or less, which can be very dangerous.

2) Kite the boss around the circle clockwise or anti-clockwise. Why ? Because this boss spawns around him puddles of purple smoke and if he is staying near one of them for a while, he will heal himself massive amount of HP like 25-50% (yes, that's a lot). Going around the circle seems to me the best strategy since this is the only trajectory you can follow in one direction as long as you need and the purple smoke puddles despawn after a while, usually when you go around the full circle. So, cast 2-3 spells and move 15m, cast 2-3 spells and move 15m, rinse and repeat. However, don't get frustrated if you see the boss heals. It will always heal at least once, sometimes he spawns way too much smoke and it's almost impossible to completely prevent him from healing. If you see him heal, no worries, that's not your fault, just keep casting and moving around the circle. Another thing that supports this strategy, is the 4 towers that are positioned at the rim of the circle. They are there to make it more difficult for you to go around the circle and lay your spells on the boss, because otherwise that would be simply too easy !

3) For the same reason - do not use any root/movement speed debuff on the boss ! That will keep him near the purple smoke for longer. I also use silence often, but idk if that can prevent the boss from healing but still use it just in case.

4) Again - keep mobile ! Do not stay at the same spot for longer than 2-3 sec. If you keep the boss at the same spot, not only he will heal himself back to 100% HP but he will also try to nuke you with a 20k dmg skill, which can be especially fatal if you didn't remove the poison debuff.

I also keep my DP nuke for the end of the fight, once you see the boss at less than 5% HP try to nuke him down fast !

The regular attack of the boss deals usually a low damage, but can be around 2k for low-geared people. If you cannot stand it, pop luna buff.

As a conclusion, this fight is not only a dps, but also a survivability race, if you see it takes longer, don't despair but rather continue the same strategy I described and the boss will finally die. Don't give in fast. I think that's it, feel free to add if you have some other tips or a different strategy for this boss. I only want to add that I use the same strategy for lvl5 boss since they are very similar.

On 25/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, Gabrielis-KT said:

3) For the same reason - do not use any root/movement speed debuff on the boss ! That will keep him near the purple smoke for longer. I also use silence often, but idk if that can prevent the boss from healing but still use it just in case.

Stuns or roots are prohibited but slow is good, because it doesn't put it in one spot and at the same time it doesn't run to you super fast to stop near you, you practically keep it at a distance and in constant movement while it tries to reach you.

This is why I use Advanced Frigid Wave and not Advanced Raging Inferno, it is ranged, instant and puts a mere 20% slow which makes it easier to kite and gives you enough time to cast your spell before it reaches you and stops in one spot.

59 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Stuns or roots are prohibited but slow is good, because it doesn't put it in one spot and at the same time it doesn't run to you super fast to stop near you, you practically keep it at a distance and in constant movement while it tries to reach you.

This is why I use Advanced Frigid Wave and not Advanced Raging Inferno, it is ranged, instant and puts a mere 20% slow which makes it easier to kite and gives you enough time to cast your spell before it reaches you and stops in one spot.

It makes sense, people must understand that raging inferno is not a universal remedy, in fact me too I use frigid wave at this boss. But I don’t use freeze/frozen shock.

17 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

It makes sense, people must understand that raging inferno is not a universal remedy, in fact me too I use frigid wave at this boss. But I don’t use freeze/frozen shock.

Raging Inferno is good for brain-dead dps when you can be close and continuously spam it for added dps output. Even in pvp you can still use Advanced Frigid Wave because it still acts as an instant debuff helping bury silence, but in all other cases it is a ranged skill with slow so it could help as well.

Archived