Templar Damage

Mythander-IS

Maybe my memory is clouded by the other MMOs I have played through the years. But, I do not remember Templars taking as much damage as I am. Even none elites will take me to 3/4 - Half health.. Am I doing something wrong.. or has mitigation been tweaked some?

Guest Eshier
On 6/28/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mythander-IS said:

Maybe my memory is clouded by the other MMOs I have played through the years. But, I do not remember Templars taking as much damage as I am. Even none elites will take me to 3/4 - Half health.. Am I doing something wrong.. or has mitigation been tweaked some?

I have been using this guide for Templar's. I'm not sure if its still relevant but I have been doing really well in pvp in the abys. I haven't been killed yet. I'm able to 1 v 1 and can get away easy when I'm jumped by multiple people. One thing I have noticed is the damage we take from magic. I'm unable to fight clerics and mages without help. Invest in a gold shield. They are pretty cheap and use the coin gear until you can by abyss gear. I spend all my time farming in the abyss. I'm currently level 32 using  the coin gear from Morheim. I also only us a shield and sword. I don't  do the great sword thing. I'd invest in the weapon and shield first. They are easy to get assuming you are selling mana stones and drops from dungeons. Slot Block and attack. Below is the guide. I'm no expert on Templar. I played cleric and assassin back in the day.

https://guidescroll.com/2013/11/aion-online-templar-pvp-build-guide/

On 6/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, Guest Eshier said:

I have been using this guide for Templar's. I'm not sure if its still relevant but I have been doing really well in pvp in the abys. I haven't been killed yet. I'm able to 1 v 1 and can get away easy when I'm jumped by multiple people. One thing I have noticed is the damage we take from magic. I'm unable to fight clerics and mages without help. Invest in a gold shield. They are pretty cheap and use the coin gear until you can by abyss gear. I spend all my time farming in the abyss. I'm currently level 32 using  the coin gear from Morheim. I also only us a shield and sword. I don't  do the great sword thing. I'd invest in the weapon and shield first. They are easy to get assuming you are selling mana stones and drops from dungeons. Slot Block and attack. Below is the guide. I'm no expert on Templar. I played cleric and assassin back in the day.

https://guidescroll.com/2013/11/aion-online-templar-pvp-build-guide/

Thanks. I will check this out. And yes spirit master and sorc are the bane of my existence 

• 3 weeks later...

I concur. As attack manastones are a bit rare and currently very expensive on the broker, I usually just stack all block. It helps a lot. Once you reach level 20, get Holy Shield (stigma) and use that to reflect damage. Doom Lure is ESSENTIAL to have as a templar - I honestly don't know why they didn't just make that a skill, instead of a stigma. It can grab a running enemy and stun them long enough for you to hit them, hopefully before they have a chance to cast.

Whenever possible, upgrade your accessories - magic resist is hard to come by at lower levels, but if you can afford to handicraft, the procs will provide better magic resist than anything else you can find or loot at the same levels. 

• 1 year later...
On 22/7/2021 at 1:01, Sveida said:

Estoy de acuerdo. Como las piedras de maná de ataque son un poco raras y actualmente muy caras en el corredor, por lo general apilé todos los bloques. Esto ayuda mucho. Una vez que alcances el nivel 20, obtén Holy Shield (estigma) y úsalo para reflejar el daño. Doom Lure es ESENCIAL para tener como templario. Sinceramente, no sé por qué no hicieron de eso una habilidad, en lugar de un estigma. Puede agarrar a un enemigo que corre y aturdirlo el tiempo suficiente para que lo golpees, con suerte antes de que tenga la oportunidad de lanzar.

Siempre que sea posible, actualice sus accesorios: la resistencia mágica es difícil de conseguir en los niveles más bajos, pero si puede permitirse la artesanía, los procesos proporcionarán una mejor resistencia mágica que cualquier otra cosa que pueda encontrar o saquear en los mismos niveles. 

Sure as long as you can get doom lure. So far I can't find the stigma stone.