Returning / Lost Player

Nayanu-DN

Hello!

I'm a returning player, all the way back from the 3.x days.. and I'm basically completely lost.  I've managed to figure out a few things (Katalam gives nice accessories, IDD and hidden mobs gives nice gear), but after that I have no idea what to actually do.

I see recommendations to +15 stigmas, but what does one do to actually accomplish this?  Are there specific quests / instances / npcs for this purpose?  I think I've gotten maybe 2 stigma + stones from things like Lugbug

I've also seen Daevanion skills as a recommendation, but really have no clue how to even get started here.  I'm as hopelessly lost when it comes to things like runestones too.

I like to feel my way around / get things done on my own, but my limited knowledge is absolutely gimping my experience.  Is there a reliable way to make Kinah?  Are there any notable NPCs I need to know intimately for specific skills / quality of life stuff? Is there a specific crafting path we should take to level aetherforging?

Sorry for the absolute influx of questions, and thank you for any assistance :)

On 8/11/2021 at 5:50 PM, Nayanu-DN said:

Hello!

I'm a returning player, all the way back from the 3.x days.. and I'm basically completely lost.  I've managed to figure out a few things (Katalam gives nice accessories, IDD and hidden mobs gives nice gear), but after that I have no idea what to actually do.

I see recommendations to +15 stigmas, but what does one do to actually accomplish this?  Are there specific quests / instances / npcs for this purpose?  I think I've gotten maybe 2 stigma + stones from things like Lugbug

I've also seen Daevanion skills as a recommendation, but really have no clue how to even get started here.  I'm as hopelessly lost when it comes to things like runestones too.

I like to feel my way around / get things done on my own, but my limited knowledge is absolutely gimping my experience.  Is there a reliable way to make Kinah?  Are there any notable NPCs I need to know intimately for specific skills / quality of life stuff? Is there a specific crafting path we should take to level aetherforging?

Sorry for the absolute influx of questions, and thank you for any assistance :)

Hey, so theres a lot of catching up to do, first things first:

-Currently the cat egg event is a good way to catch up on Cubics, so should get into that asap, the cubics bundles raise your stats by a fair bit so its not something that should be missed out on, read on that on the event page.

-You need a transformation, we just got an update that lets you get an Ultimate one in 5-6 months, but that requires completing the lugbug daily/weekly quests, in the process of doing that you can get a ancient/legendary one aswell to get you by until you get the Ultimate, Make sure you buy Ancient/Legendary Breath of Transformation every month and an Ultimate Breath of Transformation when they bother adding that to BCM, and combine with the shards from lugbug to get the transformation.

1. IDD normal has 100 entries and drops Sovereign weapons and armors, so you can spam that until you get the full set.

2. Crimson Katalam for Heartguard accessories, you need to farm some XP Marks for that, and its a good time atm with the 300% XP Buff, you need 32 marks for the full set of accessories.

3. Hidden mobs for manastones, tho post merge might be a little hard to get those.

4. For stigmas, thats where it becomes shady, theres no way to get a reliable amount of stigma enchant stones outside of events to even try and get your stigmas enchanted, my advise is to farm kinah and buy +9 stigma stones from broker and start from there, otherwise you can end up using 100s of enchant stones to even get to that level which is a gamble, OR (i hate saying this but its the way it is) wait for an event that gives out +9 or +12 stigma bundles, end of the year is a time with good events so might be the best chance.

5. Daeva skills, more or less the same as stigmas as far as enchanting goes, unlocking is not that hard, you can buy 6 daevanion marks from npc every week and aetherforge a skill book, and farm more marks from PF/SL/Eso. The enchanting part atleast to Advanced state is again locked behind events and the need for 100s of books, and you also need a good amount of daevanion essences which you can start obtaining by farming Battlefield coins from Dredge/ID/EC/IB/CV pvp instances wining doesnt matter you get some if you lose too that give coins which you can use to buy essences from npc.

6. Renown NPCs sell some needed stuff, so you might want to start questing to raise the renown lvl in the zones, and use XP marks to buy some Daeva skills, stigma enchants, gear enchants.

7. Minion, for that you need either to run Minium Vault where you could get contracts that give Grade A-C minions, and gather minium in the process which is needed to upgrade, or if you plan on getting prestige pack, you can farm prestige coins by doing the quests, and with 4000 coins you can buy an upgraded Grade A minion, and repeat all that until you get enough Grade As to combine for a Grade S.

8. Kinah, for that you can farm Crucible Spire Lower level upto level 8 where theres a golden pig dropping 15milion worth of kinah item, you can do it 4 times a week without prestige, 6 times with( it resets on Mondays and Wednesdays) and you can make some kinah there, other than that you have to wait for events to get something worth selling for the big money.

9. Better accessories, once you get some level of gear where you are not completely useless for the group you can start doing PFHM 1st boss to collect soul stones which you can use to buy better accessories, but thats a long process.

10. Again, end of year we get some good events, we get anniversary in september, pumpkin for halloween, harvest revel, christmas ones, that give a lot of the needed stuff to progress in any meaningful way, so if you stay around that long you might have a chance.

Thats the gist of it, im probably missing some stuff so others feel free to add or correct.

Archived