Returning player: need advice on Cleric or Chanter pick

1s82B9

Hi,

I haven't really played since 2010, and I want to start a fresh character and play as a dps-focused Cleric (which I read is a thing now) or Chanter. Can someone give me advice on which to go with for group PvE content and open world PvP content? I'm not interested in battleground type stuff. 

Also any advice on how to find guilds looking to recruit would be great. 

Thank you!

Which game are you going to play? Aion Classic or Aion Refly?

• Aion Classic is the game you remember in 2010. It is based on version 2.7 but only 1.2 content is accessible so far.
  • Aion Refly is extremely gear dependant, your equipment stats have a huge impact on your incoming and outgoing damage (especially when compared to classic version). Veteron, Eltnen, Theobombs, Altgard, Morheim, and Brustruin have been removed from the Refly version. Advanced stigmas giving +35% damage that requires huge efforts to enchant.

18 hours ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Which game are you going to play? Aion Classic or Aion Refly?

• Aion Classic is the game you remember in 2010. It is based on version 2.7 but only 1.2 content is accessible so far.
  • Aion Refly is extremely gear dependant, your equipment stats have a huge impact on your incoming and outgoing damage (especially when compared to classic version). Veteron, Eltnen, Theobombs, Altgard, Morheim, and Brustruin have been removed from the Refly version. Advanced stigmas giving +35% damage that requires huge efforts to enchant.

The retail version. Basically I want to be damage-focused with off-heals and support and I've read that Clerics aren't necessarily just primary healers now. So I'm not sure if I should go Cleric or Chanter.

For a damage dealer you will generally go with Cleric.

Chanters have low damage output as a physical attacker.

However they can make use of a PvE magic attack set to use with Blessing of Wind (affected by refly magic attack aka magic boost) to deal big close range magical damage, then switch to PvE physical attack set when Blessing of Wind is in cooldown.

Not practical in PvP due to low range of maces and lack of magic boost buffs with the chanter class to penetrate enemy player's refly magic defense (aka magic suppression)...

On 8/19/2021 at 10:53 AM, The Secret Cow Level said:

For a damage dealer you will generally go with Cleric.

Chanters have low damage output as a physical attacker.

However they can make use of a PvE magic attack set to use with Blessing of Wind (affected by refly magic attack aka magic boost) to deal big close range magical damage, then switch to PvE physical attack set when Blessing of Wind is in cooldown.

Not practical in PvP due to low range of maces and lack of magic boost buffs with the chanter class to penetrate enemy player's refly magic defense (aka magic suppression)...

Thanks! Do they have a lot of chain skills? That's something I'm also looking for - it's something very unique to AION that I wish other games had. 

Archived