Essence for SM?

Transcend-KT

Just a basic guide. Reallocate according to your play-style and needs:

You want Elemental Smash and Aetherphase Contract regardless of what you do. I always have Command: Element Discharge, but this one is more personal preference.

For pure PvE, take Boost Defense and Enhance Attack. Any other essence can be dumped into Knowledge or skills of your choice. I like to pump Weaken Spirit and Vacuum Choke. Erosion and Backdraft are also good.

For PvP, take Transformation: Vessel of Earth (SMs are almost always targeted first so this make you tankier for a short while), Boost Interpersonal Defense, Boost Interpersonal Attack, Nightmare Scream, and Command: Spirit Barrier if you want to shield group members. Dump whatever else is left into Knowledge, Precision, or skills.

Someone else can weigh in on the relevance of Boost Godstone Resistance.

Elemental Smash is a bread-and-butter skill since it replaces Ritual Push, so it's basically a must have regardless of situation. Aetherphase Contract is helpful for getting out of tricky situations when solo, but if you're comfortable without it, you can assign the points elsewhere. You can always reassign essences, so find what works for you. You should always take it for PvP.

Since you mentioned stigmas:

PvP: http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/gACDMPQ65 

Infernal Pain can be replaced with Shackles of Vulnerability. You should bring Spirit Wall of Protection if you want to help your group. Earth cleanses and heals, Fire provides a reflect barrier, Wind boosts evasion and accuracy, Water boosts magical accuracy and m.res.

PvE is more personal preference, but I use this for soloing: http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/gBCGNPQ65

10 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Elemental Smash is a bread-and-butter skill since it replaces Ritual Push, so it's basically a must have regardless of situation. Aetherphase Contract is helpful for getting out of tricky situations when solo, but if you're comfortable without it, you can assign the points elsewhere. You can always reassign essences, so find what works for you. You should always take it for PvP.

Since you mentioned stigmas:

PvP: http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/gACDMPQ65 

Infernal Pain can be replaced with Shackles of Vulnerability. You should bring Spirit Wall of Protection if you want to help your group. Earth cleanses and heals, Fire provides a reflect barrier, Wind boosts evasion and accuracy, Water boosts magical accuracy and m.res.

PvE is more personal preference, but I use this for soloing: http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/gBCGNPQ65

Oh so when I chain it it'll override Ritual Push?  That chain did some great work with Scour when I was soloing BT, made it so much faster.

Our Stigs are the same except I can't afford an IP yet so I make due with a rotation that includes Alacrity lol.  Speaking of Stigs, is it worth it to "Charge" them with a master or should I be putting efforts elsewhere?

Yes, you use one or the other, but not both.

Regarding stigmas: there are some that are more worthwhile than others. Find the ones that decrease cool-down and focus on those first; for example, Spirit-Burn-to-Ashes benefits the most from charging. You get bundle rewards from Spire. Stigmas are among them. You can choose to open them and get stigmas for your class or sell them. My personal opinion is that you should focus on other things before stigmas, but you also get them for free, so you can't go wrong either way. As far as priorities go, weapons, gear, accessories enchantment are far more crucial.

The benefits of charging stigmas are better summarized here: Azsurance's Tumblr

Hmmm, so when I use WS and I tap it again for it to auto chain, which would it choose?  Do I have to make a custom chain for it to always choose ES?

Gotcha, I'll save my Kinah and efforts for those.  N' I'll go with my original plan of going into Accessory and Weapons crafting since it's all about end game PvE!!  Thanks again.

...Charging Stigmas seems to be a heft investment, but a 7th unlocked secret Stigma along with the other bonuses seem pretty strong!

The order is predetermined, so it would default to Ritual Push.

You can change this by pressing K (or whatever key you have assigned to skills) and look under the Chains tab. You can choose in which order your skills will appear on the chain. Drag your desired skill higher to increase priority.

Archived