Community Question: Forums Organization and Other Suggestions!

Rin

• Aion Team

Hey everyone!

Along with my multiple daily tasks (you all keep me VERY busy! :D), I've been looking through the forums and noticing a lot of items I'd like to change as time permits. One of these is the forum topic areas and how they are organized! 

I wanted to talk to you all and make sure that any changes I make are okay, and also hear if you have other suggestions IN GENERAL for the forums OR outside of it! (specifically community related, not game related!). My ultimate goal is to promote the forums as a good area to keep in contact with each of you about the game, promote fan made items, hear your suggestions, etc, AND also give more chances to connect with one another. 

Here's the TL;DR of what I'm looking for in this thread:

• Make sure the list below is acceptable to change the forums organization to.
    • Hear your additional suggestions to the organization (if any).
  • ALSO hear OTHER suggestions to general community based things you'd like to see:
    • Do you like having community spotlights maybe, such as in-game screenshot fashion votes or fanart collections?
    • Would you like having custom-made Aion stickers or emojis?
    • Other suggestions that would be fun to hang out here and engage together?
    • ANYTHING ELSE? You saw something on another forum you liked? Crazy suggestions? Go ham, I wanna hear it all!

Basically, let me know what might be fun or cool that you've seen done in the past or in other places! I'll add it to a list and see what things I might be able to do, again, if time permits! Also, as stated, here's how I'd like to re-adjust all the forums sections:

SECTION: Aion

• Announcements (Add)
  • General Discussion
  • Game Discussion: (ADD: "condenses" items below into an easy access list.)
    • Classes
    • PvE
    • PvP
    • Legion Recruitment
    • Housing and Professions
  • Suggestion Box
  • Bug Reports
  • Player to Player Support
  • Server Discussion (Remove)

SECTION: Aion Classic

• Announcements (Add)
  • General Discussion
  • Game Discussion: (ADD: "condenses" items below into an easy access list.)
    • Classes
    • PvE
    • PvP
    • Legion Recruitment
    • Professions
  • Suggestion Box (Add)
  • Bug Reports (Add)
  • Player to Player Support

SECTION: General

• Community Discussion (Add) Where we would talk about general community related things, such as this topic?
  • Community Creations
  • Off Topic Discussions
  • Archive

Let me know what you think and what other suggestions you have!

sorry to keep you busy but your reply to us is completely appreciated thanks.

I think you can add up : Events : Item that is in demand. 
Cause we still right now felt that the game is not moving forward with oldies rewards.
And also main events should be posted 2 to 3 days in advance so people can still change rewards before it happens.

Edited by TimelessAngel-KT

• Aion Team
50 minutes ago, TimelessAngel-KT said:

sorry to keep you busy but your reply to us is completely appreciated thanks.

I think you can add up : Events : Item that is in demand. 
Cause we still right now felt that the game is not moving forward with oldies rewards.
And also main events should be posted 2 to 3 days in advance so people can still change rewards before it happens.

No no don't worry, it was a small joke! I enjoy responding as much as I can for you all and doing my reports—its very important to me and to the team!

1. I think the "events" suggestion section you're speaking about, can be posted in the "suggestion box" part! The suggestions box area is dedicated to all requests on events, changes in game, etc, and will help me keep it organized!
  2. As for when the event details and blogs go live, what I can tell you all right now is we're trying our absolute best to make sure this information goes out in a timely, accurate manner. However, there are current unfortunate limitations and for that I am sorry:

As I continue to stress to everyone over and over (sorry), I cannot make any promises in certain aspects and this is definitely one of them, but I am hoping to eventually work towards what you want here (RE: main events posted 2 to 3 days in advance). I beg that everyone please continue to be patient though as, depending on several very large factors, this is currently out of my hands. I hope everyone knows that I am listening though to these requests and am doing my absolute best to keep making the blogs as informative and timely as possible within what means are given to me.

Basically, speaking entirely from myself as the community manager, I am so sorry that these currently cannot go live sooner, but any chance I am able to get them out to you all earlier than the day of maintenance, I am absolutely pushing every single moment to get this out to you. Even more so if (and hopefully very, very rarely) it goes out later than that, it is not the intention.

TL;DR, Please forgive me, I'm doing my best at every chance possible within what limitations I have, I promise! ❤️ 

If you have more suggestions, please feel free to drop them in here for community related fun stuff!

Separation of Aion vs Classic sections:
One thing I am still begging is the two forums of Classic and Retail to be separated or at least opt out of the forum we do not care about. When I hit "Unread  Content" I would love to exclude anything that has to do with classic, it is utterly irrelevant to retail, they are both Aion but practically two totally different games, I know having two forums would be too much, but at least let us have a check box or something to avoid having to check the irrelevant forum. The worst part is that there is no indication where a post belongs to when you make a search or click the "unread content", not even a prefix "Aion" or "Classic Aion" before the title or any mention.

Custom Avatars:
We need custom avatars too at some point and please make sure they are not animated gif friendly and if they are, make an option for our accounts to have the animated Avatar not play automatically.

Animated image posts:
Now that I said animated gifs, it would be great if we could have an option in our account settings (forums again) to prevent animated images on comments to play automatically, I know this is possible. If someone wants to see the animated gifs they can either click on it or have the auto-play activated already in their account options.

I am ok with all the other additions you posted and making it better organized.

If I find any other changes I'd love to see I will come back to add them.

Edited by Arhangelos

• Aion Team
6 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Separation of Aion vs Classic sections:
One thing I am still begging is the two forums of Classic and Retail to be separated or at least opt out of the forum we do not care about. When I hit "Unread  Content" I would love to exclude anything that has to do with classic, it is utterly irrelevant to retail, they are both Aion but practically two totally different games, I know having two forums would be too much, but at least let us have a check box or something to avoid having to check the irrelevant forum. The worst part is that there is no indication where a post belongs to when you make a search or click the "unread content", not even a prefix "Aion" or "Classic Aion" before the title or any mention.

Custom Avatars:
We need custom avatars too at some point and please make sure they are not animated gif friendly and if they are, make an option for our accounts to have the animated Avatar not play automatically.

Animated image posts:
Now that I said animated gifs, it would be great if we could have an option in our account settings (forums again) to prevent animated images on comments to play automatically, I know this is possible. If someone wants to see the animated gifs they can either click on it or have the auto-play activated already in their account options.

I am ok with all the other additions you posted and making it better organized.

If I find any other changes I'd love to see I will come back to add them.

I will DEFINITELY look into the separation of Aion and Classic. It is something I know others would like as well, and where I'm hoping that "general" section will be good for discussions like this that apply to both games, while the rest is all game related and can be sorted as such for folks to enjoy what topics they are most interested in. I'll be asking about this one for sure!

For custom avatars, I am a TOUCH wary due to obvious reasons, but I would like to still see that there is SOME customization—or—having much more icons than there already are and perhaps rewarding others with special ones for being exemplary community folks! There's a few thoughts here, but definitely stay tuned on this one as it's one I'm also interested in figuring out and trying some things.

Animated gif filter is interesting... I'll definitely see if this platform is able to handle that! I don't know the answer to that one, but I'll make sure to ask and see if it's possible to handle this as it's a good idea!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aion Team

Hey everyone! I'm bumping this thread again to get some more eyes on it. Now that we have the forums updated, I plan to start making small changes and playing with backend forums details, but first I want to organize what we have currently.

Let me know if anyone sees any strong issues, otherwise I'll slowly be rolling out re-organization soon!

• Aion Team

I should also note, if you see some random little new pieces pop up and disappear, I apologize! I am playing with some stuff in the back end, but nothing should affect anyone's forums experience—just please excuse any mess if I do happen to make any!

• 4 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, Rin said:

I will DEFINITELY look into the separation of Aion and Classic. It is something I know others would like as well, and where I'm hoping that "general" section will be good for discussions like this that apply to both games, while the rest is all game related and can be sorted as such for folks to enjoy what topics they are most interested in. I'll be asking about this one for sure!

Bumping this, when will we finally have separate forums for the two totally different games? Who's idea was to have classic and retail in one place?