Item Restoration and the time it takes to happen! Rant.

Arhangelos

So I wanted to try enchanting some paragon gear I had since Tiamaranta event and since I had a ton of enchants (years worth of ancient, legendary and ultimate from quests, events, renown etc, along with the fact I didn't gear at all during the whole 7.x) and a ton of paragon exchange tickets (renown rewards), I ended up with like 300 paragon enchants or something.

Long story made short, I broke a few paragons, 1 broke from +0 to +1 with the very first stone, fastest hundred-million burn in my history! Eventually the 4th item I had reached +6, I didn't know if I wanted to use blessed so I thought to yolo it to +7 with normal enchants and potentially get the "use 100 paragon enchant to get the +8 box" along with it. It broke at some point while still +6, that was on Wednesday.

~

The same day I requested it to be restored, I told them I know I have 3 tokens, I know I will lose 1 and I know I will be left with 2. The reason I wrote those is because I knew they would go through that and request me to confirm it!!! So I wrote it on my first ever message while opening the ticket!

A little less than one day later they replied! "We confirm that you are eligible, you have 3 tokens, you will lose 1 and you will be left with 2. Confirm you want the trade!"

B@#%h please! I already said that, you could have already done it! So I replied to them that I do agree on this.

Again, a little less than one more day later I get the reply "You need to be logged out for the item to be restored, reply to this ticket when you logout".

...I have been sleeping for hours, went to do my chores for hours and somehow they managed to try to restore it that 1~2 hours I was logged in!

So I logged out and replied with "I am logged out please proceed with the restoration".

It has been 6 hours since I did it and I am still logged out waiting for the ticket to update!

~

This thing started on Wednesday and today on Friday after the daily reset, I am still waiting for this ticket! I wish they simply allowed us to tick a box "kick me out of game if you need to restore my item", I would have clicked it so hard it would leave a burn-in on my monitor or something!

restore.jpg

15 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

I also wish this was a feature, for the same reasons.  It can take many hours for GMs to process a ticket and in the mean time players are just waiting.

My last token was actually much faster, I gave them al the info they would have given me and told them to proceed and I confirm. And this is what they did super fast.

But being able to be kicked would be the best in some cases.

7 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

My last token was actually much faster, I gave them al the info they would have given me and told them to proceed and I confirm. And this is what they did super fast.

Wow.  I've never been able to get them to do that.  In the past, no matter what I put in the initial request, they'd confirm they could do it, and then still ask.  Glad to know this is changing, or maybe it's just one GM.

There might be some risk in simply telling them to go ahead in your initial request as their rules do change.  For example, the restoration policy for certain things changed.  Such that a particular item can only be restored once (this is global across all players and time), and that restores are limited across types.  Once you restore a paragon armor piece, you can't restore another armor piece on that toon again.  So when they make changes like this it's probably best if they explain the updates prior to taking your token and making an unrecoverable impact you maybe didn't intend to approve.

10 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Wow.  I've never been able to get them to do that.  In the past, no matter what I put in the initial request, they'd confirm they could do it, and then still ask.  Glad to know this is changing, or maybe it's just one GM.

There might be some risk in simply telling them to go ahead in your initial request as their rules do change.  For example, the restoration policy for certain things changed.  Such that a particular item can only be restored once (this is global across all players and time), and that restores are limited across types.  Once you restore a paragon armor piece, you can't restore another armor piece on that toon again.  So when they make changes like this it's probably best if they explain the updates prior to taking your token and making an unrecoverable impact you maybe didn't intend to approve.

I was explained this rule in the last restoration as well, I only requested weapons which are exempt from the "type" rule but they told me only one armor type per 6 month period.

It is not even like we have an abundance of paragon items to enchant and break but anyways. Weapons are still not in the "type" rule which means you can restore three different weapons with you 3x tokens per 6 months.

I just consumed all my tokens for 3 paragon weapons and just burned 100 enchants for the +8 box. I can't say I am happy or relieved, just numb, all weapons went to +6, then broke, and one weapon went to +7 with 25x blessed consumed in total.

Archived