Make Siel's Aura buyable with game money.

Mihara-KT

Hi,

I downloaded Aion Classic last night. And I deleted it after 1 hour.

It is absolutely sad to see that you can't play without the Siel's Aura. Once again NC, you killed the game.

Me and my husband are old players, we literally MET on Aion 9 years ago and still are a couple ! We loved Aion. We played a lot, as free-to-play, and put money sometimes in cash shop to buy pets and skins. We always payed our gold pack with kinah.

Now your obsession with money and cash shop since many years killed the game, the community, and let a small group of pay-to-win players, all others quits. Like we did.

I don't know if you prefer a small community who puts a "lot" of money, like this you have less troubles, and money enter anyways, or you are just idiots.

Why you keep repeating the same error again and again and kill the game again and again.

If it was possible to play Aion like it was before, me and my husband would playing now and farming the game like we always did xD. I read on forum last night to see if it's worth to buy Siel's aura to play, and I read everywhere that the game is already dead.

Why don't you do something else to buy the Siel's Aura ? Like with Kinahs, or a game token rewards ? I know gold seller are still a problem (after 15 min on the game, I saw gold seller message, 10M = 8usd), and after 30 min in the game, I saw 4 bots on follow going to farm, so paying Siel's Aura with kinah is not the best for you, I can understand.

You should do something that everybody can play the game (xp, quests) and of course, you don't have all advantages (like gathering, access to broker, even abyss point), and players need to buy at least 1 Siel's Aura, and after, by doing specific number of quests, tasks, whatever,  you get a token to buy the Siel's Aura.

If it was like this, me and my husband would come back now 😛 And so other players will.

I hope this could be possible.

Thank you.

Edited by Mihara-KT
typo

On 5/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mihara-KT said:

Hi,

I downloaded Aion Classic last night. And I deleted it after 1 hour.

It is absolutely sad to see that you can't play without the Siel's Aura. Once again NC, you killed the game.

Me and my husband are old players, we literally MET on Aion 9 years ago and still are a couple ! We loved Aion. We played a lot, as free-to-play, and put money sometimes in cash shop to buy pets and skins. We always payed our gold pack with kinah.

Now your obsession with money and cash shop since many years killed the game, the community, and let a small group of pay-to-win players, all others quits. Like we did.

I don't know if you prefer a small community who puts a "lot" of money, like this you have less troubles, and money enter anyways, or you are just idiots.

Why you keep repeating the same error again and again and kill the game again and again.

If it was possible to play Aion like it was before, me and my husband would playing now and farming the game like we always did xD. I read on forum last night to see if it's worth to buy Siel's aura to play, and I read everywhere that the game is already dead.

Why don't you do something else to buy the Siel's Aura ? Like with Kinahs, or a game token rewards ? I know gold seller are still a problem (after 15 min on the game, I saw gold seller message, 10M = 8usd), and after 30 min in the game, I saw 4 bots on follow going to farm, so paying Siel's Aura with kinah is not the best for you, I can understand.

You should do something that everybody can play the game (xp, quests) and of course, you don't have all advantages (like gathering, access to broker, even abyss point), and players need to buy at least 1 Siel's Aura, and after, by doing specific number of quests, tasks, whatever,  you get a token to buy the Siel's Aura.

If it was like this, me and my husband would come back now 😛 And so other players will.

I hope this could be possible.

Thank you.

There're ways to play without Aura, even though would require lots of effort, discipline, and even so, you wouldn't be able to compete against pay to win players. But everything depends on your goals, I started playing with Aura until reaching level 38 at the start of Classic, and then as soon my Aura expired, I also stopped playing like the majority of people. After almost an year, I back to the game and tried to level up since I got free Aura from Twitch, and the game was surprisingly more affordable to play in matters of progress and xp, thus I leveled up my character, essence, aether and alchemy.

For three days Aura, was a good progress, then I thought would be a good idea try playing without Aura. Got mad when couldn't complete some quests, since I couldn't take quest items from loot, and started to plan ahead my steps. I entered the game before Aura resets, got into a party, and as soon we got into a Dungeon or Dredgion, my aura would reset, allowing me to take items again. This way I could complete the majority of quests I needed and so on, even though was hard to find parties to play with, at the specific time my Aura was active, thus why I had to keep login in and out several times just to check LFG.

I kept playing like that for a month before deciding to purchase a full month Aura. Then, after getting my stigmas opened, most of my campaign completed, professions leveled up, and even getting AP Stigmas, I've notice that Aura wasn't that important, unless you want to compete against people. If you just want to have fun doing quests and enjoying the game without any ambition, then it's possible, but very limiting, of course. I found funny to see so many AFK characters, while I had to diligently manage my Aura, then I started thinking how much money people just waste.

But I honestly believe it's hard to imagine NCSoft would allow us to buy Aura with in-game money. They're doing a lot by allowing new characters to take 1h Aura every time they reach a specific cap etc. This indeed facilitates the leveling, to the point people started abusing it to create characters in the opposite faction in order to trade AP, or mess up Dredgion parties etc. If NCSoft turn it free to play, or something, it will just increase the abuses and harm the game as a whole, since it was designed to be a subscription based game.

They could make free to play events, or give Auras out of promotions, like they're doing in Twitch and so on, three days Aura Free and so on, this wouldn't harm the game, on the opposite, would just encourage more people to back playing the game. Even someone as myself, miser, money grubber as "Nyerk" back to the game after testing it out again, imagine what others would do.

What they could do, in order to prevent gold sellers is to allow us to turn Quna into Kinah, like we have in Blade & Soul. But still, I believe Aura is mandatory and beneficial in order to prevent harmful people in the game, people who would just use bots and abuse it, also would facilitate GMs work and so on. I just believe they could decrease the Aura price, since Aion is a dated game, and it's unfair to bill people 15$ a month.

Anyways, more you pay-to-win, more inefficient, incompetent and weak you're. I remember a time when players just rushed to the end game, and didn't know how to tank or heal, and most people were complaining about that, so you can't facilitate much either. The ideal would be having a balanced game, where you would need to invest time and money in order to play, but not abusing the audience.

If we encourage companies to abuse their player base, or companies to abuse their audience, we would not only encourage players to do the same, but we would deteriorate the social values that bind us together, generating chaos. Most people are weak minded, and would just behave pretty much based on their immediate environment dictations, thus why we must work within some core values.

Companies, based on their influence, are shaping the social aspects of our society, and our games are just a reflection of our society, culture, behavior etc. More corruption we have within a company, more inefficient their employees, and easier to manipulate such company in order to satisfy the interest of third parties. That's the main social issue we're facing nowadays, that leads to wars and so on (just watch Aion's lore, a world divided, corrupt governors and gods, everybody waiting for a broken savior who lost its memories and is thrown from a side to another, just to die again and resurrect in Poeta over and over).

• 4 weeks later...

I think Seals Aura shouldn't remain tradable, it can't be that players have to pay for other players, that's one reason, the other reason is that exactly these players who play for free don't really take the game seriously and keep having problems with their behavior do to other players.

If someone loves the game they will stay and pay, if someone just plays the game for fun and doesn't take it seriously they will eventually leave the game anyway.

Edited by MissAlita

Basically, I always play in such a way that I don't terorize or hurt other players and always with respect. If everyone would do that then the game would be a lot easier, many players have already left aion because there are players who just can't deal with people and push their ego that can't be the point of a game.