Constant crashing

I have had ZERO issues with the game crashing until today. I am lucky to be in the game for 15-20 minutes before it completely freezes and takes forever to let me end the task to get it off my screen. Anyone have any ideas for a fix for this? (windows 11 unfortunately) :/

On 6/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, Zotashi said:

I have had ZERO issues with the game crashing until today. I am lucky to be in the game for 15-20 minutes before it completely freezes and takes forever to let me end the task to get it off my screen. Anyone have any ideas for a fix for this? (windows 11 unfortunately) :/

It's funny because they're blaming it on windows 11 but it's not a Win 11 issue. I know so many people still on 10 and having these same crashes.

11 hours ago, Ontwo said:

It's funny because they're blaming it on windows 11 but it's not a Win 11 issue. I know so many people still on 10 and having these same crashes.

Windows 11 has its own demons irrelevant to Aion, but the aion issues are not a windows 11 problem. Maybe they get worse with windows 11 but they sure do exist in windows 10 as well. I play on win10 and I have issues. My printscreen button no longer works while aion runs, and if I alt-tab to another program and try to write anything the keyboard lags a lot and I am obviously not the only one with this issue, it is a 8.2 aion feature to bug the whole system and affect the keyboard.

How can a program mess with the whole input system of windows and nobody bats an eye!

Edited by Arhangelos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Funkula changed the title to Constant crashing
  • 2 months later...

"The program Aion.bin version 2422.706.1004.2950 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. "

I have this issue after my PC updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.  CONSTANT hard freezes in game.. sometimes so bad I have to reboot because Aion itself won't go away and close even using Task Manager.

I've tried... reinstalling Aion, running registry cleans, scanning Aion game files, reinstalling GFX drivers using clean install, disabling 3rd party anything else going on in Windows, adjusting Windows and in game graphics settings - including full screen vs windowed mode, repairing all C++ redistros, etc. etc.

The only thing I can see left is re-imaging to Windows 11 but f-that tbh. 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

"The program Aion.bin version 2422.706.1004.2950 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. "

I have this issue after my PC updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.  CONSTANT hard freezes in game.. sometimes so bad I have to reboot because Aion itself won't go away and close even using Task Manager.

I've tried... reinstalling Aion, running registry cleans, scanning Aion game files, reinstalling GFX drivers using clean install, disabling 3rd party anything else going on in Windows, adjusting Windows and in game graphics settings - including full screen vs windowed mode, repairing all C++ redistros, etc. etc.

The only thing I can see left is re-imaging to Windows 11 but f-that tbh. 

You're going to have to downgrade to Windows 10, it's literally the only option.

23 minutes ago, Ontwo said:

You're going to have to downgrade to Windows 10, it's literally the only option.

I refuse to believe this. People are using W11 without issue and more and more people will have Windows 11. NC needs to provide support in forums..

On 10/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, Heathen said:

I refuse to believe this. People are using W11 without issue and more and more people will have Windows 11. NC needs to provide support in forums..

Believe what you want, several people including myself rolled back to W10 because they don't support win 11 and their support will tell you that themselves. 

my game was doing the same recently freezing and i couldnt close the client. I found it to be the razer synapse apps and and program. Close all of them before starting aion and its been problem free ever since. Anytime i forget to close it a few minutes after playing i get the same crash.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:02 PM, Genieve said:

my game was doing the same recently freezing and i couldnt close the client. I found it to be the razer synapse apps and and program. Close all of them before starting aion and its been problem free ever since. Anytime i forget to close it a few minutes after playing i get the same crash.

OK SO I CAME BACK TO THIS THREAD TO SAY THIS!!! After everything in the world I've done I finally realized what causes Aion client to hard freeze/crash. IT'S EXACTLY WHAT GENIEVE SAID, FREAKING RAZER SYNAPSE! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

❤️ GL EVERYONE