NC marketing

Load

So you guys paid a League of Legends streamer to play Aion for 4 hours as a completely new player with no knowledge of the game at all.

It's not his fault, but all he has shown was a boring and very slow early game grind that not even I like (o9 veteran here) and I really like the game (at endgame).

Like, really?!

You do realize that a LOL streamer's audience is NOT your target audience, right? RIGHT?!

At very least try to get some MMORPG streamers... (And please do a background check to see if they are not toxic like the FFVIX (edit: streamers) you once featured in the launcher Kappa).

Why does it always feel like you are out of touch with the game? =(

Edited by Load
FFVIX (edit: streamers)

Who do you suggest they get then? GW 2 streamers would not bother because they play a superior NCsoft game. WoW gamers are addicts that like only WoW. Lost ark streamers are playing and updated korean grinder. BDO streamers will find Aions pace to slow.

Just be happy they are actually starting to do some sponsored streams at all. It mite just be the start of a long list of sponsored streams they plan on doing.

It was a genuine surprise to me that they did a sponsored stream and that is a great start because it does mean that they have listened to the community or at the very least are bringing up western culture promotion tactics at their meetings.

Edited by Squid

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Who do you suggest they get then? GW 2 streamers would not bother because they play a superior NCsoft game. WoW gamers are addicts that like only WoW. Lost ark streamers are playing and updated korean grinder. BDO streamers will find Aions pace to slow.

Just be happy they are actually starting to do some sponsored streams at all. It mite just be the start of a long list of sponsored streams they plan on doing.

It was a genuine surprise to me that they did a sponsored stream and that is a great start because it does mean that they have listened to the community or at the very least are bringing up western culture promotion tactics at their meetings.

I think that my post is self explanatory. It does say what I think they should do but I can add the following:

I disagree that GW2 is a superior game. People have different takes on games. And if you really think it's superior then why bother with Aion at all?

They could try to bring some RPG people into MMORPG. That's how I started.

Maybe show off some of the 2.2 changes that will make life infinitely easier for new players free full SR gear + weapon for one, easier to to stigma slot quests, several campaigns that needed a group will be able to be solo'd...

As for the stream itself, Sneaky did very well with the tools he was given. But he didn't know a lot about the Classic version that was not there in the Live version back in the day. Like leveling faster only doing campaigns. Level cap, content added, etc...

Yes, it's a good thing that they are doing something, but please do it right.

The one thing we desperately don't need is bad marketing... I saw a lot of people in chat saying things like "game looks awful".  Well ofc it does early game.

I'd rather they only ran some Google/Youtube Ads tbh...

1 hour ago, Load said:

Yes, it's a good thing that they are doing something, but please do it right.

The one thing we desperately don't need is bad marketing... I saw a lot of people in chat saying things like "game looks awful".  Well ofc it does early game.

You need 100s of hours in the game before it gets good. How many 100s of hours has sneaky played Lost ark for now? Pretty sure he is no longer sponsored in lost ark yet he still plays it.

Also we know nothing about his sponsorship deal(unless sneaky said and i missed it) with NCwest for all we know he was sponsored for 4 hours a day for 1 month OR alternatively maybe he was sponsored to hit level 55 before he gets paid.

I disagree that GW2 is a superior game. People have different takes on games. And if you really think it's superior then why bother with Aion at all?

Look when i say superior i say superior to the masses, I like Aion i think original Aion easily a top 3 game in my books and it got better all the way up until the addition of omega stones. However there is no contest when you look at content being created/game streamed and game played GW2 is clearly a superior game to Aion in the west.

This is because Aion's design is bad for content creators. The moment they make it to PvP zones they are going to get destroyed camped and never be able to participate in content because they will have no gear and will be targeted by sin's and worse transforms who just want face time on streams and drop N bombs because gamers think that is funny for some reason. Is the entire Asmo or Elyos faction going to run protection whenever sponsored players are online? I doubt it.

Also there is one more thing, There is the potential that 20-30+ people were approached for sponsored Aion streams and Sneaky and his agent was the only one that agreed to play Aion classic because if you look at western sentiment of NCwest it is poor and many of them i believe will understand that doing a positive sponsored stream with NCwest will hurt their channels more than it would help their channel.

Either way i am kinda just getting theoretical now so ill stop here.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

You need 100s of hours in the game before it gets good. How many 100s of hours has sneaky played Lost ark for now? Pretty sure he is no longer sponsored in lost ark yet he still plays it.

I'm not going to make a comparision between those 2 because that is not a fair comparision.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Also we know nothing about his sponsorship deal(unless sneaky said and i missed it) with NCwest for all we know he was sponsored for 4 hours a day for 1 month OR alternatively maybe he was sponsored to hit level 55 before he gets paid.

From what I understood, it was a 2 days sponsor of 2h each. It should be over now... unless I misunderstood and if that is the case then there is still hope.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Look when i say superior i say superior to the masses, I like Aion i think original Aion easily a top 3 game in my books and it got better all the way up until the addition of omega stones. However there is no contest when you look at content being created/game streamed and game played GW2 is clearly a superior game to Aion in the west.

This is because Aion's design is bad for content creators. The moment they make it to PvP zones they are going to get destroyed camped and never be able to participate in content because they will have no gear and will be targeted by sin's and worse transforms who just want face time on streams and drop N bombs because gamers think that is funny for some reason. Is the entire Asmo or Elyos faction going to run protection whenever sponsored players are online? I doubt it.

I don't know... people were very supportive of Sneaky sending kinah, items and giving tips. I do think that the asmos would have helped him.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Also there is one more thing, There is the potential that 20-30+ people were approached for sponsored Aion streams and Sneaky and his agent was the only one that agreed to play Aion classic because if you look at western sentiment of NCwest it is poor and many of them i believe will understand that doing a positive sponsored stream with NCwest will hurt their channels more than it would help their channel.

Either way i am kinda just getting theoretical now so ill stop here.

The referral link is still on his profile. So maybe I was wrong.

It's interesting to note that there is a mention of "Towelliee" in the referral link as shown in the image below (link: https://www.inflcr.co/SHCXK).

SYKHNhe.png

But the last message that I found of Towelliee mentioning Aion Classic was  not good:

4 hours ago, Squid said:

This is the biggest problem with the game gearing for pvp to be able to even do content be it questing and have a fighting chance or participate in pvp without being 1 shot.

Game design is flawed when you need to stay lower level to farm Guards for maximum AP.I worked out for the full 30 elite set and stigmas your looking at approximately 1.1+ million AP.

Now for example if the rate was 150 AP a guard not the 70 odd you are still looking at 6700 kills of guards if you can only farm 25k AP a day, your looking at 44 days of sitting at  low level to get a very basic set while those who have kept playing will be even further  ahead.

There are no pvp gear catchups and zero pvp quests that award gear,stigmas and accessorys apart from that 1 helm at 50 there is nothing in a pvp orientated game.

Not every player can dedicate themselves to every dredge,siege,or tiak.They refuse to lift AP on abyss mobs,they wont let gear be bought and traded so as soon as you hit 55 goodluck trying to get AP for gear let alone the several hundred k for stigmas.They refuse too add AP amulets so unless you want to sit at low level farming goodluck enjoying pvp content.

Nothing will change look at every thread and tell me whats been changed to make the game better apart from content that was already in Aion during original release.Its like groudnhog day again they lose thousands of players during original then again now and the playerbase is still again begging  for them to listen but everything takes far too long to change while the game becomes less populated.

As someone stated in another thread this game should be a case study in business managemnt courses on how not too run a game.

7 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

This is the biggest problem with the game gearing for pvp to be able to even do content be it questing and have a fighting chance or participate in pvp without being 1 shot.

Game design is flawed when you need to stay lower level to farm Guards for maximum AP.I worked out for the full 30 elite set and stigmas your looking at approximately 1.1+ million AP.

Now for example if the rate was 150 AP a guard not the 70 odd you are still looking at 6700 kills of guards if you can only farm 25k AP a day, your looking at 44 days of sitting at  low level to get a very basic set while those who have kept playing will be even further  ahead.

There are no pvp gear catchups and zero pvp quests that award gear,stigmas and accessorys apart from that 1 helm at 50 there is nothing in a pvp orientated game.

Not every player can dedicate themselves to every dredge,siege,or tiak.They refuse to lift AP on abyss mobs,they wont let gear be bought and traded so as soon as you hit 55 goodluck trying to get AP for gear let alone the several hundred k for stigmas.They refuse too add AP amulets so unless you want to sit at low level farming goodluck enjoying pvp content.

Nothing will change look at every thread and tell me whats been changed to make the game better apart from content that was already in Aion during original release.Its like groudnhog day again they lose thousands of players during original then again now and the playerbase is still again begging  for them to listen but everything takes far too long to change while the game becomes less populated.

As someone stated in another thread this game should be a case study in business managemnt courses on how not too run a game.

Yeah... the longer the game goes, the hardest it is for new players to start. I don't see how a game like this can ever bring new players tbh. There is literally no catch up mechanics, unless ofc you spend thousands in the pass/shop.

We are at the same numbers as retail right now, and that on it's own is sad af.

So nobody has tried this with an OldSchool Runescape streamer?

It has 3.5x the players of Classic WoW and has players for whom a 1,000 hour goal with pure grind is absolute chump-change to grind out to them.

They eat grinds ten times larger than 55e for breakfast.  The average player there takes on a 3,000~5,000 hour journey on their ironman just to begin being able to get carried through raids.

Sometimes they need to complete 4,000 - 16,000 raids to get a single item.

When asking the devs on twitter about the difficult grinds, they reply that due to the nature of RNG, the player with 58,000 kills is no closer than when they started and that they should keep farming the npc to get the drop.

You think you get 1-shot in this game's PvP?

OSRS players can do 2x-3x each other's healthbars in precisely 0.6 seconds, no longer, no shorter.  And on death in OSRS, you lose EVERYTHING. For hardcores, they lose their account. For Ultimate's, they lose every last item they've ever gotten on the account and start from scratch, after ~4,000-16,000+ hours invested.

PvP won't even chance scaring them.

Aion's grind is pitiful compared to theirs, and its penalties for failure are nothing in comparison. PvP difficulty isn't facing machine learning bots, venezuelans hellbent on feeding their families, and aspies that havn't misclicked since 2009.

Its populous, they love grind, they have nothing to fear (every last aspect of this game is hella easy compared to the Inferno, Master Achieves, or Last Man Standing of OSRS) - and theyre always looking for new games to actively play while they afk OSRS tasks.

Why has nobody thought of this?

And if you need the funding, then come see me.

Edited by 1sEBBE-KT